CANARYKING

I follow or Sky Sports News

Had an interesting conversation on this subject:

iFollow costs £10, you see all the game,  from a poor camera and always behind the action ( when it works )

SSN free to watch ( yes I know it’s a subscription service ) shows all the action, corners, free kicks and goals plus everything from other Championship matches.

For me if you already pay for Sky I’m not paying another £10 for a very poor product.

Once I finally found a device iFollow would work on (ironically, the oldest contraption in my house) it's actually served me quite well. Loads up fast and virtually no buffering. It is a good minute behind the action, but I just turn my phone onto silent. And the camera work is appalling. This weekend particularly, something was happening on the pitch and they would pan to the dugout or something pointless whilst an attack was building up.

You may have a point; I'd always prefer to watch the full game instead of watching SSN (which I think has gone well downhill) but £10 is no cheap. I doubt I'd go for it I didn't get it as part of my season ticket. In fact, I don't go for it on Saturday away games despite it being an option.

I currently live beside the ground . I hear the goal music 60secs before we “score” on iFollow . That said I think the coverage is ok. It’s not sky from 20 different angles but it’s not as bad as people make out. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, canarydan23 said:

And the camera work is appalling. This weekend particularly, something was happening on the pitch and they would pan to the dugout or something pointless whilst an attack was building up.

Was there a baldy in the dugout? (Apologies to the follicly challenged).

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.theverge.com/platform/amp/tldr/2020/11/3/21547392/ai-camera-operator-football-bald-head-soccer-mistakes

• Haha 1

Its a shame some people have had issues and I think iFollow would benefit from a more restricted user guide - recommend a certain browser, OS and connection speed and I think most people would be fine.

For me I've not had a problem beyond the first game where audio was out of sync.

4 hours ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

I currently live beside the ground . I hear the goal music 60secs before we “score” on iFollow . That said I think the coverage is ok. It’s not sky from 20 different angles but it’s not as bad as people make out. 

Lol, that would drive me mad. 

I'd have to driver out of ear shot to watch the match. 

• Like 1

Works pretty well for me and my broadband is nothing special, still using ADSL. A tiny amount of buffering for the Swansea game.

I'm finding though that I'm spending more time on forums during matchplay than actually watching the game and it's spoiling it!

ifollow has been alright most times for me. But I don't really enjoy it.

Away games I watch on the wireless which gives you the option to close your eyes and imagine your there. Or fall asleep.....

I might go back to the wireless for home games.

All the options just make me miss being at the games more each week. At games you're an active part of our club. You can make a difference. Maybe it's because I went to games as a kid when tv football just wasn't an option. 

I remember back in the 60s there was a blind man used to be in the riverend. He couldn't see anything but he said he enjoyed being part of the crowd and could tell much of what was happening by what he picked up around him. I guess if it was now he could have radio norfolk commentary.

You can't replicate the supporter experience without being there. And I guess you can't replicate the tv experience by being there. 

• Like 1

I have found iFollow to definitely be worse than sky or BT coverage, but the picture is good quality and I prefer to be able to see the whole game with my own eyes. 

Another one in the “no problems with iFollow at all” camp here. I’ve got Sky Sports, so along with the red button option, I’m happy watching one or the other, and the single camera, no replays on the red button make iFollow look quite good. It’s the BBC Sport notifications when we score that upset me, I must get round to turning them off. As GPB says, you know not to get excited when we get in to the opposition box if there been no goal notification.