Badger

Think you’re a big Norwich City fan? Take our 18 question quiz to find out

16 for me also. Got caught out by how many seasons in the top flight as i was thinking Premier League and forgot about Division One. The other one was how many goals Johnny Gavin scored.

Cheats! The lot of you. I got fourteen and was happily congratulating myself when I read that load of fraudulent claims.

Kick myself for thinking that Ron Ashman had most appearances (those as a manager clearly don't count,) and misread it as Premier League (Premiership) occupancy rather than all time top league.

Lapses apart, I'm so elated by my success that I'm now considering applying for a game on Tipping Point due to my excellent effort. "Drop zone four, please Ben."

Edited by BroadstairsR

8 hours ago, Spillay said:

15, could of sworn RWV was our record signing though

RVW was £8.5m and Naismith £8m, so I'm giving myself that one. Therefore I got 17/18, I went for Ashman over Keelan.

• Like 2

15/18, got the Johny Gavin goals wrong, the number of seasons in the top flight (even allowing for the old Division 1) and our record signing, like others I was sure it was RvW, can only assume they were including wages as part of the calculation 😜.........

Edited by Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB

I think the ‘number of times playing in Europe’ one was ambiguous (it’s seasons but it could be matches ) and it makes me mad.. MAAAD! 

I seriously undershot on how many years we played in Div 1

16. Missed one of the promotions to the top league and underestimated our years in the top flight.

I went for Naismith and both transfermarkt and wikipedia concur.

I remain to be convinced re Naismith, did a bit of Googling and in January 2019 the EDP ran an article on our most expensive signings, they had RvW and Naismith at £8.5M apiece, however they had the fee for  Timm Klose of €11M (Transfermarket.com concur), given the exchange rate that would make Timm our most expensive signing. If we accept the Transfermarket.com figure both Naismith and Klose are stated as costing €11M..............

3 minutes ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

I remain to be convinced re Naismith, did a bit of Googling and in January 2019 the EDP ran an article on our most expensive signings, they had RvW and Naismith at £8.5M apiece, however they had the fee for  Timm Klose of €11M (Transfermarket.com concur), given the exchange rate that would make Timm our most expensive signing. If we accept the Transfermarket.com figure both Naismith and Klose are stated as costing €11M..............

Transfermarkt have Naismith first, although with the same amount as Klose...

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/norwich-city/transferrekorde/verein/1123

Edited by canarydan23
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

15/18, got the Johny Gavin goals wrong, the number of seasons in the top flight (even allowing for the old Division 1) and our record signing, like others I was sure it was RvW, can only assume they were including wages as part of the calculation 😜.........

Tinternet says Johnny Gavin scored 132 so all four options may be wrong? 
15 by the way. The ground capacity is tricky ...

15 for me, 

failed on last years wins, Gavin, and top flight seasons 😞 

Its the taking part that counts though! 

STOP THE STEAL!

I will be convening a press conference with Norfolk's foremost legal minds at the prestigious Norwich Fencing and Landscaping to expose the truth behind this fraudulent quiz

Edited by kirku
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, kirku said:

STOP THE STEAL!

I will be convening a press conference with Norfolk's foremost legal minds at the prestigious Norwich Fencing and Landscaping to expose the truth behind this fraudulent quiz

Is that what NFL stands for?

No idea, click bait got in the waY after only answering the first question.  

Self defeating exercise chaps.  I hate click bait and refuse to engage!

6 hours ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Tinternet says Johnny Gavin scored 132 so all four options may be wrong? 
15 by the way. The ground capacity is tricky ...

Johnny Gavin scored 132 in total.

League 312 apps 122 gls

FA Cup 26 apps 10 gls

15, happy with that, thought it’d be all “Charles Charlie Charles played in 1919, what coloured pants was he wearing?” Style but actually had a good range of questions.

23 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

15, happy with that, thought it’d be all “Charles Charlie Charles played in 1919, what coloured pants was he wearing?” Style but actually had a good range of questions.

They used to wear knickers and stockings....

🙃