On the subject of Zimmermann  - how close is he to the German National Squad ?

He's a premiership CB now remember !

2 hours ago, BroadstairsR said:

Only if Rupp is unavailable.

Yep, Rupp's rapidly becoming indispensable on the team-sheet. With the exception of aerial prowess, he's a fair old upgrade on McLean. Would love to see him score one soon - he's like Placheta in that he's taking up some great positions to hit them, and more in Rupp's case, he's not worried about having a pop from distance against packed defences.

Shame our corners are so bad (Emi!!!) as Rupp seems to get a few corners off his long-range hits.

I can't see us going 3 at the back, at least at the moment.  Should we get promoted, it's an option but we need 3 fit CBs lol. We don't really have the numbers at CB to allow us to play it regularly right now if we are hit by injury without playing people in a different role. I'm sure Sorenson could play in the middle of a back 3 though but I can't see the justification to change a system that's working.  Also, the system we are using right now is getting results are we have the 3rd best defence in the division so far.  I get that 5 at the back doesn't have to be a completely defensive formation but it would be given that the majority of our central midfielders beyond Vrancic are not hugely forward thinking players.  A back 3 plus Skipp/Rupp would be a defensive team.

Edited by seanthecanary