Sign in to follow this  
daisy

Krul

9 hours ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Well that's nearly one third of the season gone already!

It would take something special because I don't foresee Krul's performance levels dropping off - I am not saying he has already made POTS based of these 11 games. If he continues to play as well as he has done so far for the rest of the season he will be POTS IMO.  

And (more than) two thirds left.

You're projecting what you think he will do for the remainder of the season. If you believe he will continue and play well, fair enough but as it currently stands, if will definitely not take something special to beat him to player of the season.

Also, if we do go up, I don't think Krul will get player of the season. How often does a goalkeeper get player of the season when you've finished very near the top? Not often because the attacking players have been doing their job.

Krul is a legend and probably our best player. But I agree with the posters saying his saves yesterday were very routine. 

The best save of the game was the Swansea one from Pukki that didn't count because of an offside. That was unreal. 

Edited by canarydan23

Statue of him pulling off one of his tradebook standard “triple backflip while making a hot chocolate and sanding down a coffee table” fingertip penalty saves outside Carrow road when?

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, HazzaJet said:

In my opinion he’s the best signing Webber has made since coming, and the best keeper we’ve had since Bryan Gunn. I mean - a goalkeeper with great PL experience signing for a Championship club as a free agent. Very loyal as well - we get relegated from the PL and he says he will stay in return for us rescuing his career 

Agreed, that’s why you have to love him. IMO he would get in to any Prem team

8 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Krul is a legend and probably our best player. But I agree with the posters saying his saves yesterday were very routine. 

The best save of the game was the Swansea one from Pukki that didn't count because of an offside. That was unreal. 

Archant seem to be going overboard with the praise at the moment. 

59 minutes ago, Number9 said:

Archant seem to be going overboard with the praise at the moment. 

Yeah, I don't really get it. He's good enough without having to over egg anything. One of his saves he'd have actually needed to deliberately jump out of the way to not save it! 

Legend, but yesterday wasn't even in his top three matches for this season alone. Not because he did anything wrong, far from it, everything he had to do he did very well and had as good a game as he could have done. It's just he didn't have to do anything too spectacular. 

I'm not knocking it at all, some keepers we've had would have dropped a clanger and shipped a goal or two yesterday but with Superman in goal you never get the impression that will happen (touch wood!) He probably would have made a world class save or two yesterday if he needed to. 

On 08/11/2020 at 08:59, city4eva said:

Agreed, that’s why you have to love him. IMO he would get in to any Prem team

Don't be daft. He's a very solid keeper and he's right up there with our best, but with maybe one or two exceptions he wouldn't get in any Prem team. Otherwise they'd have been all over him like a rash in the transfer window - no one even mentioned him.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, sgncfc said:

Don't be daft. He's a very solid keeper and he's right up there with our best, but with maybe one or two exceptions he wouldn't get in any Prem team. Otherwise they'd have been all over him like a rash in the transfer window - no one even mentioned him.

I'm sure plenty of teams had a look

21 hours ago, sgncfc said:

Do you know they weren’t? He did commit to staying here in the summer