Pugin

Bali Mumba - goes inside and out

Had the Swansea right back guessing every time, as he can go inside or out equally effectively. What a great gift to see in a player 🙂

• Like 12

I'm genuinely not sure where the hell this guy is going to end up. Apparently he was more of a central midfielder as a younger player, then we're mainly looking at him as a right-back, and he's causing carnage on the left wing now.

18 minutes ago, Pugin said:

Had the Swansea right back guessing every time, as he can go inside or out equally effectively. What a great gift to see in a player 🙂

I posted a few weeks back that a friend of mine who knows someone at the club had told me that they really rate Mumba. He was only on for 25 minutes or so today, but it's easy to see why. 🙂 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Darth Vadis said:

How on earth did Sunderland not see the player in him? And then send him to South Shields?

I think it was Sunderland trying to 'punish' him after Mumba had made clear that the wasn't going to sign another contract with them. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Darth Vadis said:

How on earth did Sunderland not see the player in him? And then send him to South Shields?

They did, they are just broke. 

When we signed him had a glance at the ''Love Supreme'' Sunderland forum and opinion was split on him,maybe yet again our management of young talent has come up trumps.

Looks well up for it. He’s definitely starting next game and let’s see how it goes. Could be another quality young fullback!

• Like 2

Sorensen dropped for Mumba? Or were we playing 3 at the back (inc Sorensen) with wing backs?

Feels like when Max broke into the team. Came out of nowhere, took his chance and hasn’t looked back since.

• Like 2

Shame no more Sunderland Till I Die. Was hugely entertaining, really felt for the fans, but the level of mismanagement at that club was absolutely staggering.

It's a textbook management school case study. Just with swearing Mackems, which is a nice change of pace..

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, WD40 said:

Sorensen dropped for Mumba? Or were we playing 3 at the back (inc Sorensen) with wing backs?

Options

27 minutes ago, Christoph Stiepermann said:

I'd start him on the left of our front 4 next game. Looks a top quality player.

9 minutes ago, WD40 said:

In for Placheta. One of them looks like an exciting dynamic player with some real ability. The other reminds me of a certain winger we signed a few years ago who I came to know as Wellsh*t. 

9 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

Options

I still say having seen Sorensen the last three games, he’s solid and his passing is superb, move him inside along with Skipp and bring in Mumba he looked good, I’d even consider starting Martin ahead of Steipermann, as you say options!

Edited by Indy
  • Like 1

If Sorensen is injured then start Bali, or if Sorensen isn't injured start Mumba. We need him as an up to speed alternative replacement for Quintilla and to provide competition.

Mumba made playing on the left look easy whereas Placheta makes it look incredibly hard.

Looks like the type of 'winger' Placheta is supposed to be, and one we've been crying out for for a while. Wonder where he'll end up playing. Sounds like he can play pretty much anywhere. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kenny Foggo said:

I think Sorensen looks class and so does Mumba... He took his chance which s great to see.

Was also impressed with both of them,but how ironic Sorensen being slated in some quarters for being to defensive when playing out of position and our poor shows in this area the past 2 seasons

7 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

I think Sorensen looks class and so does Mumba... He took his chance which s great to see.

Sorenson looks very neat and tidy and composed, but is clearly a central player. I think he'll end up as our first choice DM, screen in front of the back 4. Ideally he'd develop as somebody who can spread the play. 

I see him as the Tettey successor. But impressed with the general calmness to his game. 

Josh Martin in the shadow of Mumba but good to see him looking to get on the ball. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, Darth Vadis said:

They did DV. My father is a mackam, and Mumba was very highly rated by the club and supporters alike. But the club needed the money!

52 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

If Sorensen is injured then start Bali, or if Sorensen isn't injured start Mumba. We need him as an up to speed alternative replacement for Quintilla and to provide competition.

Mumba made playing on the left look easy whereas Placheta makes it look incredibly hard.

It’s a lot more difficult impressing from kick off than as a substitute, especially the way we tire teams out.   Coming on with 20 left, there’s a different dynamic by then.  Give Platcheta a chance, he’s still young, not used to this level or intensity and Farke will be helping him to improve.      

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, ged in the onion bag said:

It’s a lot more difficult impressing from kick off than as a substitute, especially the way we tire teams out.   Coming on with 20 left, there’s a different dynamic by then.  Give Platcheta a chance, he’s still young, not used to this level or intensity and Farke will be helping him to improve.      

Exactly, not to mention Mumba's English and knows the league/culture and Placheta's just come in. There's definitely a very good player in the Pole, but he needs more time and attention.

He certainly takes up some good attacking positions though. You don't get the shots off he has without knowing where to head.

8 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Exactly, not to mention Mumba's English and knows the league/culture and Placheta's just come in. There's definitely a very good player in the Pole, but he needs more time and attention.

He certainly takes up some good attacking positions though. You don't get the shots off he has without knowing where to head.

Total agreement.lad needs time