Morning all.

Now the premier league have abandoned pay per view @ £15/game why are we having to put up with £10/game on the dreadful I follow! The camera work is terrible and the only decent thing is radio norfolk commentary. 

13 minutes ago, philbuzz said:

Morning all.

Now the premier league have abandoned pay per view @ £15/game why are we having to put up with £10/game on the dreadful I follow! The camera work is terrible and the only decent thing is radio norfolk commentary. 

You don’t have to put up with it and if you are a season ticket holder all home matches and non Saturday away games (most of them, anyway) are free.

In response to Sky/BT pay per view games, I’m glad it’s being stopped, it was just pure greed.

If I had to pay £10 for every game, I would be feeling it’s expensive, but given that lots are on Sky and there’s the odd one that I can’t make, I’m relatively happy with iFollow.

Not sure what you expect camera wise? It’s never going to be broadcast quality. As soon as they attempted more than a single camera view it would significantly increase the number of people needed. As well as at least two more camera operators, plus the equipment, you’d need someone to direct, someone to switch between different cameras, rewind and select footage and so on. They might get enough revenue from Norwich to justify it, but I can’t see the numbers working for the smaller clubs.

EDIT: I should say I’ve had zero problems with connectivity, buffering, audio and so on, but I am fortunate to live a few hundred metres from my exchange. That would suggest to me that for those who do have problems, it lies with network infrastructure, not iFollow, but I am only a sample of one.

Edited by Nuff Said

We seem to go round in circles over this. I don't think £10 per game is particularly onerous ... as long as it works. You don't get any change from a tenner for a couple of pints and a cola around here. True, it mounts up over a season and there is no "season ticket" so to speak.

The PL venture might have had more success if it had been pitched at this amount. As it was the price caused fans to boycott it (and give the money to charity) in the North-East and perhaps elsewhere.

It need be remembered that the whole thing needs setting up for what will inevitably be a limited audience.

Lacking in quality not price rankles me and it seems ludicrous to me that an illegal stream, probably transmitted from America, can often be a better bet.

Edited by BroadstairsR

This has hit the nail on the head! I’m quite happy to pay £10/game for a decent broadcast. Likewise if you live abroad you can buy a season ticket and I’d be happy to do this. It’s the constant lag and poor camera work. I’d be happy to pay £15/game if it was sky sports/bt quality. Produce a quality product then people will be prepared to pay/pay more for it. 

I don’t have any problems with ifollow, it’s way better quality then the sky red button, camera work is decent , yes I get it free for the most part but I have paid to watch a couple of games.. guess people will always find something to complain about

46 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

We seem to go round in circles over this. I don't think £10 per game is particularly onerous ... as long as it works. You don't get any change from a tenner for a couple of pints and a cola around here. True, it mounts up over a season and there is no "season ticket" so to speak.

The PL venture might have had more success if it had been pitched at this amount. As it was the price caused fans to boycott it (and give the money to charity) in the North-East and perhaps elsewhere.

It need be remembered that the whole thing needs setting up for what will inevitably be a limited audience.

Lacking in quality not price rankles me and it seems ludicrous to me that an illegal stream, probably transmitted from America, can often be a better bet.

One of the better things about american footy coverage  is that they don't constantly update you on other games. Is this because streaming/ on demand is more advanced in the states and they understand that people may not want to know what's going on elsewhere as they'll  watch it later. 

1 hour ago, Nuff Said said:

If I had to pay £10 for every game, I would be feeling it’s expensive, but given that lots are on Sky and there’s the odd one that I can’t make, I’m relatively happy with iFollow.

Not sure what you expect camera wise? It’s never going to be broadcast quality. As soon as they attempted more than a single camera view it would significantly increase the number of people needed. As well as at least two more camera operators, plus the equipment, you’d need someone to direct, someone to switch between different cameras, rewind and select footage and so on. They might get enough revenue from Norwich to justify it, but I can’t see the numbers working for the smaller clubs.

EDIT: I should say I’ve had zero problems with connectivity, buffering, audio and so on, but I am fortunate to live a few hundred metres from my exchange. That would suggest to me that for those who do have problems, it lies with network infrastructure, not iFollow, but I am only a sample of one.

There's 4 camera angles according to official site. Regarding camera operators - some clubs are now using AI camera operators - although that certainly has it's pitfalls....

image.thumb.png.07cb649d2d61fed35502f22c3c7e8dfc.png

image.png

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, city4eva said:

I don’t have any problems with ifollow, it’s way better quality then the sky red button, camera work is decent , yes I get it free for the most part but I have paid to watch a couple of games.. guess people will always find something to complain about

Well surely we do have a right to complain when, after forking out our £10, we then get a blank screen with the buffering thingy for the full ninety minutes.

This forum, and others, are rife with complaints about no shows, no coverage. It seems to vary. I've had a 50% success rate but have had no success reclaiming my lost £20 from them. You never know whether you will be successful or not to the extent that, I personally, always look for an illegal stream first despite wishing to contribute something to our club.

I cannot say that I would wish to complain about the presentation, but to get nothing at all rankles.

2 hours ago, philbuzz said:

Now the premier league have abandoned pay per view @ £15/game why are we having to put up with £10/game on the dreadful I follow!

When you purchase a game from iFollow for £10, our club gets £7 of that. 

It will help with the whole staying solvent thing. 

I suppose they could make it completely free and we could just sell Max Aarons to Barcelona in January instead, would you prefer that? 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

23 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

I personally, always look for an illegal stream first despite wishing to contribute something to our club.

You could always pay the £10 for iFollow and then watch it on an illegal stream anyway 😝

1 minute ago, Vazzza said:

You could always pay the £10 for iFollow and then watch it on an illegal stream anyway 😝

I was of the understanding that you can’t get streams of EFL games that are now on iFollow etc?

34 minutes ago, kick it off said:

There's 4 camera angles according to official site. Regarding camera operators - some clubs are now using AI camera operators - although that certainly has it's pitfalls....

image.thumb.png.07cb649d2d61fed35502f22c3c7e8dfc.png

image.png

That’s actually hilarious, KIO 😂

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

Well surely we do have a right to complain when, after forking out our £10, we then get a blank screen with the buffering thingy for the full ninety minutes.

This forum, and others, are rife with complaints about no shows, no coverage. It seems to vary. I've had a 50% success rate but have had no success reclaiming my lost £20 from them. You never know whether you will be successful or not to the extent that, I personally, always look for an illegal stream first despite wishing to contribute something to our club.

I cannot say that I would wish to complain about the presentation, but to get nothing at all rankles.

Of course you have every right to complain about a blank screen and you should get a refund but that isn’t what the OP was complaining about. 

I would be up there with you if I had a blank screen . I have watched all games on ifollow other than the ones on the main sky channel and haven’t had any issues as yet

2 minutes ago, Vazzza said:

Well, sure I could if I considered NCFC to be a charity (and indeed the EFL who get £3,) but that's not quite the case. Even if it were I feel there would be more charitable causes that I would wish to contribute to.

I  still owe the club money actually. As a youngster (very) when positioned at the front of the Barclay I caught a shilling when the famous blanket was parading around the pitch. I bought a bag of fish and chips with it on the way home. The price of that would be over a fiver nowadays so perhaps I owe NCFC that amount now due to inflation.

1 minute ago, Alex Moss said:

I was of the understanding that you can’t get streams of EFL games that are now on iFollow etc?

There's always one.

26 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

I think the clue is in the name “illegal stream” Alex.

Edited by Nuff Said