Sign in to follow this  
Feedthewolf

Presser: injury chaos

https://www.canaries.co.uk/News/2020/november/team-news-numerous-late-decisions-to-be-made-ahead-of-swansea/

"Norwich City head coach Daniel Farke delivered a growing list of injury concerns ahead of the visit of Swansea City at his pre-match press conference on Friday.

Lukas Rupp and Przemyslaw Placheta were both substituted during Tuesday’s 0-0 draw at home to Millwall with hamstring and calf problems respectively. Their fitness will be checked this afternoon, and the same goes for Todd Cantwell (ankle), who hasn’t trained this week.

There are also fresh injury doubts to Ben Gibson, Jacob Sorensen and Marco Stiepermann, and Farke didn’t confirm whether they will be in contention to start tomorrow’s match. Xavi Quintilla is also still out, while long-term absentees Onel Hernandez, Kieran Dowell, Sam Byram remain sidelined."

If all those mentioned were unavailable, the team would still look something like this:

Krul
Aarons Hanley Zimmermann Mumba
Skipp McLean
Buendia Vrancic Idah
Pukki

That would leave McGovern, Tettey, Hugill, Martin... plus either walking wounded, youngsters, or possibly even Leitner and Drmic. Does at least go to show how deep our squad is, as that looks a thoroughly decent team with some decent players on the bench too.

Would have been easier for them to just say everyone is doubtful! 

That's an insane list of doubtfuls.

Wait for the endless idiot posts saying what are they doing in training, and we need a decent fitness coach.... 

Good job theres an international break coming up.....however I can only have limited sympathy with the club here. They knew the crowded and condensed schedule of the fixture list this season, yet still sanctioned 20 odd players to go out on loan. If we're short on numbers we've only ourselves to blame

2 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

What the hell... these injuries killed us last season and now this...

Thankfully, I can’t think of any other club in the Championship that can put out the 11 we can tomorrow despite this news.

2 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Good job theres an international break coming up.....however I can only have limited sympathy with the club here. They knew the crowded and condensed schedule of the fixture list this season, yet still sanctioned 20 odd players to go out on loan. If we're short on numbers we've only ourselves to blame

We can’t have 24 or so players sat around doing nothing though whilst only 11 or so play each week. That wouldn’t be good for those players or training ground morale, so there has to be a balance. Of course we do need cover, and there’s perhaps a couple of areas where we could have done with another additional player, but on the whole, I’m not sure there’s another club in the Championship that has what we have sat on the bench etc, ready to come in to cover knocks etc.

It doesn’t sound like any of the ‘doubts’ have been confirmed as out for any particular length of time as it stands so that makes a huge difference if that is the case, though my only concern will be getting Teemu, Max, Oli etc through these upcoming pointless friendlies that should have been shelved given the current climate.

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, Jerrykerry said:

Wait for the endless idiot posts saying what are they doing in training, and we need a decent fitness coach.... 

Never one to jump in when an opportunity to have a pop at posters arises now are you ?

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, Jerrykerry said:

Would have been easier for them to just say everyone is doubtful! 

That's an insane list of doubtfuls.

...what are they doing in training,we really need a decent fitness coach...👍🤪🤪!!!

32 minutes ago, Jerrykerry said:

What the hull are they dewin in trainun bor😉

• Haha 1

Is ever the utter idiocy of going into the season with certain key positions so exposed to one injury was laid bare then its that press conference.

Clearly playing down the Xavi injury because they know they've f**ked up. Same could be on the cards at CB soon. Is hardly surprising that Hanley and Gibson might be feeling the strain having not played for so long before this season.

Now we face a game against quick, pacey opposition with half the team struggling for fitness. Great.

Tariq Lamptey called up for the England U21’s so as he’s sure to play a bit whilst they have a look at him, then that will likely limit Max’s involvement over this international break thankfully. 

One things for sure, that press conference will leave the Swansea manager scratching his head whilst planning tactics to combat our personnel tomorrow! 

• Like 2

It has been evident that we are getting it badly wrong on the training field and something is seriously wrong

not learning from last years mistakes again

doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result Einstein’s definition of madness and the way our club is run

7 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

It has been evident that we are getting it badly wrong on the training field and something is seriously wrong

doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result Einstein’s definition of madness and the way our club is run

If what you say is true, then you are truly mad as all we ever here from you is the same old tripe.....yet you expect things  to change. 

You are the model  for Einstein's  theory of madness. Cretin.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

Hang on a moment there kettle, I'll just nip to the kitchen to see the colour of the pot...

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Gordon Bennett said:

This is what a squad is for, stop whittling. 

Out of likes GB, but yep, you’ve nailed it 👍

24 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

That’s a very interesting perspective. 
I believe it was Simon Lappin who on Tuesday night was saying the reason we were scoring last minute goals was because of the way our players fitness was pushed to the limit.

2 hours ago, Feedthewolf said:

https://www.canaries.co.uk/News/2020/november/team-news-numerous-late-decisions-to-be-made-ahead-of-swansea/

"Norwich City head coach Daniel Farke delivered a growing list of injury concerns ahead of the visit of Swansea City at his pre-match press conference on Friday.

Lukas Rupp and Przemyslaw Placheta were both substituted during Tuesday’s 0-0 draw at home to Millwall with hamstring and calf problems respectively. Their fitness will be checked this afternoon, and the same goes for Todd Cantwell (ankle), who hasn’t trained this week.

There are also fresh injury doubts to Ben Gibson, Jacob Sorensen and Marco Stiepermann, and Farke didn’t confirm whether they will be in contention to start tomorrow’s match. Xavi Quintilla is also still out, while long-term absentees Onel Hernandez, Kieran Dowell, Sam Byram remain sidelined."

If all those mentioned were unavailable, the team would still look something like this:

Krul
Aarons Hanley Zimmermann Mumba
Skipp McLean
Buendia Vrancic Idah
Pukki

That would leave McGovern, Tettey, Hugill, Martin... plus either walking wounded, youngsters, or possibly even Leitner and Drmic. Does at least go to show how deep our squad is, as that looks a thoroughly decent team with some decent players on the bench too.

Has Adam Idah served his suspension? 

1 hour ago, Jerrykerry said:

Would those posts be more or less idiotic than your thoughts on Buendia being a one season wonder though? 

I know which posts I'd go with, but don't make me call you the 'i' word now. 

Edited by Hank shoots Skyler
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Alex Moss said:

One things for sure, that press conference will leave the Swansea manager scratching his head whilst planning tactics to combat our personnel tomorrow! 

Do you not think that was at least partly the idea?

11 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

Do you not think that was at least partly the idea?

Absolutely! That list was a bit mean though, Nuff!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Has Adam Idah served his suspension? 

Three match ban covered Brentford, Bristol and Millwall so yes he should be available.

• Thanks 1

We'll be fine. Farke has a long history of listing everyone with the slightest bump as being injured. This is why we have a fairly large squad. We'll wear other teams down over the course of the season and almost all of our first team squad members will end up getting decent minutes.

I'm wondering if it's also down to us being overly cautious with players. Farke and co like their stats. A doubtful today would have maybe been an okay 5 years old. Games changing.

Saying that - we are above average - https://www.sportsgambler.com/football/injuries-suspensions/england-championship/

Edited by Michael Starr

4 hours ago, Alex Moss said:

It would indeed be a cunning news conference if Farke was just playing with Cooper's head!

4 hours ago, NorthCarolinaYellow said:

We'll be fine. Farke has a long history of listing everyone with the slightest bump as being injured. This is why we have a fairly large squad. We'll wear other teams down over the course of the season and almost all of our first team squad members will end up getting decent minutes.

From what I gather, Farke pretty much expects players to have trained fully in each training session in order to come into consideration for the starting XI. So anyone who hasn't done that is 'a doubt'. Most of whom he's mentioned have probably missed a day or two of training but if they've trained today they may make the squad. Particularly lads like Gibson and Sorensen will probably go again, with a two week break coming up. 

At the moment, for me, our real key players are Krul, Aarons, Gibson, Buendia and Pukki, plus increasingly Rupp. They are the ones that are genuinely difficult to replace. 

5 hours ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Would those posts be more or less idiotic than your thoughts on Buendia being a one season wonder though? 

I know which posts I'd go with, but don't make me call you the 'i' word now. 

And Pukki being a busted flush 😂