Sign in to follow this  
lucky green trainers

will ashton money be eaten up by a fall in gates?

the expectation is that deano''s sale money will all be spent on bolstering the squad - this may not be the case though.how much will hammers pay? 3.5 up front, then 2m in 12 months and finally 1.75m in 18months? could these profits be eaten away by a corresponding fall in gate receipts and even swallowed up completely?  worthy could have only 1.5m to play with.with a full house every match, its very unlikely this will be repeated next season.  what if the club has secretly sounded out renewal opinion and this has forecasted upto 25% will not renew and that average gates could be 20,000 next season.  if we lose to reading on tueday, then probably the play-offs would be akin to mission impossible.  coupled with the football we''ve seen this season this attendance forecast is probably realistic and could even be optimistic.  failure to spend more than 2m by end of tuesday could indicate the club is already preparing for this new reality next season. should the board gamble and buy earnshaw and 2 other quality players and hope to get 22-24 000 gates next year?

LGT - Like me, most punters will follow the team whatever is served up in front of us. I need my Saturday fix at Carrow Road - I think that it must be in the blood!  

£500 is a lot of money to me. I have to earn considerably more, pay tax on it and include my travel and food expenses to end up with that net sum.

In the hands of Nigel Worthington it represents a very small percentage of wastage.

I love the club but I will not be taken for a ride by the current custodians.

Those in charge at Carrow Road need a reality check and I am not afraid to lose a very good seat to help give it to them.

A reduction in gate receipts is not the only problem, box holders have stated they will not renew (Canary Call) and we need new sponsor next season for which our current position means a poor bargaining position.  Fewer people fewer prog sales, less merchandise sold, less grub/grog sold, fewer diners.

Prepare for a severe drop in revenue.

Sadly as things stand I will not renew. I am Norwich thru and thru and have held a season ticket for the last 4 years and on and off for the past 25. However, I want to be entertained for my hard earned cash and turning up each week to be served up the crap that I have seen this year renewal is not going to happen. IMO gates will remain high for the start of next season, but there will definitely be a drop in season ticket sales. Interestingly the club makes more money from ''on the day'' tickets so it may not effect the coffers too much if they can get a good start next season.

[quote user="lucky green trainers"]the expectation is that deano''s sale money will all be spent on bolstering the squad - this may not be the case though.should the board gamble and buy earnshaw and 2 other quality players and hope to get 22-24 000 gates next year?[/quote]i wouldn''t call Johansson a gamble, would you?  we''re doomed, the money isn''t there.  they can''t afford earnshaw plus a 3 year contract, because they can''t afford it once the prarchute money goes & if the gates fall.