Sign in to follow this  
TeemuVanBasten

Trybull not impressing Blackburn fans

23 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

All three not out of contract until last day of June 2022.

That's a very expensive gardening leave.

Presumably you'd still expect them to be turning up to Colney keeping themselves fit so that should a club enquire we are least sending them a player who can pass a beep test. 

Not sure I'd want be tell Drmic he can spend the rest of the year ski-ing in the Alps, do need to protect our asset to an extent (even if that is in reality us just being able to pass on a liability somewhere down the line). 

If you think that's an expensive gardening leave you've never worked in the City. They are no longer assets - they are worthless to the club - that's what they've been told. The damage they could do in and around the team would potentially run into the tens of millions. If they don't get a club soon they'll have their contracts paid up - Drmic and Leitner have probably already had the offer. If they reject that offer they'll be paid to the end of their contract but won't play football, so it's up to them what motivates them. 

They could probably easily get a contract in League One and negotiate a pay off from Norwich to make up the difference in wages.

3 hours ago, sgncfc said:

If you think that's an expensive gardening leave you've never worked in the City. They are no longer assets - they are worthless to the club - that's what they've been told. The damage they could do in and around the team would potentially run into the tens of millions. If they don't get a club soon they'll have their contracts paid up - Drmic and Leitner have probably already had the offer. If they reject that offer they'll be paid to the end of their contract but won't play football, so it's up to them what motivates them. 

They could probably easily get a contract in League One and negotiate a pay off from Norwich to make up the difference in wages.

I should imagine offering a % of their contract to get rid has at least been considered, if not discussed, of course. But I suspect the unique nature of the summer window has also been considered, it was always going to be difficult to shift players at this level when there were so many free agents available and with clubs all desperately trying to cut their wage bills and trim their squad numbers. Quite a few examples of players being released from the Championship and now playing for non-league clubs to keep fit, Ryan Shotton just gone from 17 games for Middlesbrough last season to signing a short term deal with Leek Town.

The club (and the players) may want to chance their arm at shifting again in January before they sit and discuss financial settlements or compromises. Its less than two months away.

As for "the city", no I haven't, wouldn't want to, why would I ever want to endure the horrendous London underground every day to go and sit near a load of depressed coke addicted cnts who are stuck in unhappy transactional marriages with shallow and materialistic trophy wives. But as it happens, I thought 12 months was the standard non-compete clause / covenant in investment banking contracts, which is much less time than Drmic and Leitner have left on their contracts? 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

As for "the city", no I haven't, wouldn't want to, why would I ever want to endure the horrendous London underground every day to go and sit near a load of depressed coke addicted cnts who are stuck in unhappy transactional marriages with shallow and materialistic trophy wives. But as it happens, I thought 12 months was the standard non-compete clause / covenant in investment banking contracts, which is much less time than Drmic and Leitner have left on their contracts? 

No generalising there then...... and no, 12 months isn't standard. My last one was three years and I don't use the underground, have a coke habit or a materialistic trophy wife, but I'd quite happily consider all three. 😊

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, sgncfc said:

No generalising there then...... and no, 12 months isn't standard. My last one was three years and I don't use the underground, have a coke habit or a materialistic trophy wife, but I'd quite happily consider all three. 😊

I'd draw the line at the underground.

5 minutes ago, Peanuts said:

I'd draw the line at the underground.

Coke.. line drawn....there's a joke there somewhere.

On 09/11/2020 at 17:10, sgncfc said:

Just to clarify here...

You were actually paid your full salary by your employer or former employer to not work for 3 years? 

Or you were contractually obliged not to work for a competitor or within the same sector for 3 years after leaving an employment?

Because one is gardening leave, and one is simply a requirement to comply with a contractual covenant / non-compete clause. 

If the former then congratulations! That sounds like a great deal.

If the latter then completely irrelevant to the topic at hand I'm afraid. 

I would doubt the veracity of that though, not because I think you are a liar but you claim that to be a common occurrence.

I just searched Google for "three year gardening leave", and there are just 9 results, all relating to Ferrari once suggesting that F1 should adopt a three year gardening leave period. 

Whilst the phrase "three year non compete" generates 41000 results and brings up hundreds of articles on employment law websites. 

Could it be the case  that what you actually had was a three-year non compete, rather than three years gardening leave? As that appears much more likely.

They are very different things, and only one is relevant to this thread.

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

On 07/11/2020 at 10:44, Nuff Said said:

Agreed, I don’t claim it’s impossible, but given what we’ve seen of Farke’s (and presumably Webber’s) attitude to players once they’re out of favour, combined with who is actively available in the same position, it was never going to happen. As sgncfc says, it would just be £20-30K *per player* going to waste.

I may have just made this up, but I thought when Lambert took over from Gunn, Hoolahan, Russell & Doherty were used sparingly and were told they could move on as they were the 3 highest earners at the club.

Or I may have dreamt that.

1 hour ago, Move Klose said:

I may have just made this up, but I thought when Lambert took over from Gunn, Hoolahan, Russell & Doherty were used sparingly and were told they could move on as they were the 3 highest earners at the club.

As I remember it, they were training with the under 23 squad but I don’t recall that they’d been told they could move on. We’d already shifted several players who I assume were expensive (e.g. David Marshall and Sammy “it could have been you” Clingan) so that may be 2+2=5. I do remember it fairly well as I was heartbroken to see the Doc treated like that. 💔

I believe Wes was used sparingly as Lambert thought he was overweight! He went away for a few weeks, got himself fit and the rest is history.....

On 09/11/2020 at 18:10, sgncfc said:

My last contract had a clause that if I was fired I was legally required to get a job with the opposition...🤓

54 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

My last contract had a clause that if I was fired I was legally required to get a job with the opposition...🤓

Didn’t we put something similar in Paul Lambert’s contract? It seems to be working quite well at the moment.

• Haha 1

On 04/11/2020 at 08:39, Clint said:

On a bit of a hiding to nothing when Mowbray described him as the new Christian Erikson!  

Given that Inter have already decided Eriksen was a big mistake whom they want to get shot of him as quickly as possible perhaps Mowbray meant exactly what he said...🤓

13 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Given that Inter have already decided Eriksen was a big mistake whom they want to get shot of him as quickly as possible perhaps Mowbray meant exactly what he said...🤓

Ouch........ 😉 

On 12/11/2020 at 14:16, Move Klose said:

This was the case as I remember it. 

If you look, none of the three started for Lambert until mid September. Then he brought them all in when he adopted the diamond which bought the best out of Hoolahan and Russell.