Sign in to follow this  
TeemuVanBasten

Trybull not impressing Blackburn fans

People can't really see what he offers in the holding role and say that whenever he's playing the opposition dominate in midfield.

Early days for him there, but at the moment sounds like they might be sending him back in January! 

On a bit of a hiding to nothing when Mowbray described him as the new Christian Erikson!  

Just looked at one of their forums and he seems to be quite polarising for them. Some saying they don’t see what he offers while one saying he’s been one of the better players. Another lamenting that he began looking good and then got injured. 

Don’t think they’ll be sending him back based on what I read there.

2 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

I hope that Mrs Trybull is impressing them though 

What's not to like after all ?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

What's not to like after all ?

Absolutely heartbreaking that you won the stadium tour just too late. I am sure we all feel your pain...🤓

The issue for me with Tommy T up there is that he's a fine technician and passer of the ball, but if others around him aren't on the same wavelength and using an appropriate style of play then his strengths could be nullified. Likewise, he isn't going to be the strongest physically or good in the air. 

If you don't use his strengths, he is going to look a little anonymous.

5 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

Absolutely heartbreaking that you won the stadium tour just too late. I am sure we all feel your pain...🤓

I can walk around the stadium both inside and out with my eyes shut so i will be donating my tickets to a worthy charitable cause.

• Like 3

On 4 November 2020 at 12:47, TeemuVanBasten said:

Early days for him there, but at the moment sounds like they might be sending him back in January! 

...... By January, we might need him.

On 04/11/2020 at 07:39, Clint said:

On a bit of a hiding to nothing when Mowbray described him as the new Christian Erikson!  

Yeah, I saw that quote at the time and if any Blackburn hasn't actually seen him play before, they were always going to be disappointed.  As good as TT was for us when we won the Champs, if I was comparing him to another player, Erikson would be a long way down the list of choices.

From what I understood from an interview with Farke, we are still paying his wages. 

Very harsh and quite cruel treatment of Trybull, Leitner and Drmic doesn't fill me with pride to support Norwich, and could possibly deter foreign players from joining. 

With Trybull it was so soon after signing a new deal which we all were happy about. With a new born child and in the middle of a very difficult time, he is told to find a new club. His confidence has obviously suffered. 

What was the crime? Nobody played well after the break, the outfield players spent most of their time helping out a depleted defence. 

Same with Drmic, played, post break, no worse than Pukki. Not long ago Farke was praising his work rate, now he is not allowed to play with the under 23's and has been cut off from his family. 

They say there was no fall out with Leitner so we have to presume he became a poor player when he called Farke a bad manager. 

While we are paying these players wages we are suffering with lack of cover in vital positions-same as last year. God help us if Krul gets injured, our own left back is playing well for another team while our loaned-in left back is injured. 

4 hours ago, curious yellow said:

From what I understood from an interview with Farke, we are still paying his wages. 

Very harsh and quite cruel treatment of Trybull, Leitner and Drmic doesn't fill me with pride to support Norwich, and could possibly deter foreign players from joining. 

With Trybull it was so soon after signing a new deal which we all were happy about. With a new born child and in the middle of a very difficult time, he is told to find a new club. His confidence has obviously suffered. 

What was the crime? Nobody played well after the break, the outfield players spent most of their time helping out a depleted defence. 

Same with Drmic, played, post break, no worse than Pukki. Not long ago Farke was praising his work rate, now he is not allowed to play with the under 23's and has been cut off from his family. 

They say there was no fall out with Leitner so we have to presume he became a poor player when he called Farke a bad manager. 

While we are paying these players wages we are suffering with lack of cover in vital positions-same as last year. God help us if Krul gets injured, our own left back is playing well for another team while our loaned-in left back is injured. 

My sympathy ran out at precisely that point.

• Haha 2

Cruel? Really? Give me strength.

These things happen. I think Trybull is decent and could do a job, Farke doesn't think so. It's nothing personal, that's the game. I'm not sure what the impact of the 'difficult time' has on an exceptionally well paid - compared to the average person - footballer?

Why does there have to be a crime. Farke wants a different approach and set of skills. Trybulls main problem is physical, not technical. He isn't very mobile, he isn't very big, he isn't very strong. He can play though, the problem is, in the Premier League, they can play AND have the physicality. I believe the thinking was probably if we get back, we'd need to replace him, so let's try something different now.

5 hours ago, curious yellow said:

Well, that's not true. He was worse than my nan. How Drmic made it as a footballer is beyond me. He was truly, truly awful. His work rate was praised because there was literally no other positive. What point is there playing him in the U23 when they are doing well? I don't think it's a particularly good idea to block game time of promising youngsters with someone we have proven to be useless in the first time; do you?

1 hour ago, All the Germans said:

Cruel? Really? Give me strength.

These things happen. I think Trybull is decent and could do a job, Farke doesn't think so. It's nothing personal, that's the game. I'm not sure what the impact of the 'difficult time' has on an exceptionally well paid - compared to the average person - footballer?

Why does there have to be a crime. Farke wants a different approach and set of skills. Trybulls main problem is physical, not technical. He isn't very mobile, he isn't very big, he isn't very strong. He can play though, the problem is, in the Premier League, they can play AND have the physicality. I believe the thinking was probably if we get back, we'd need to replace him, so let's try something different now.

Well, that's not true. He was worse than my nan. How Drmic made it as a footballer is beyond me. He was truly, truly awful. His work rate was praised because there was literally no other positive. What point is there playing him in the U23 when they are doing well? I don't think it's a particularly good idea to block game time of promising youngsters with someone we have proven to be useless in the first time; do you?

Yes, to keep him fit, help him to get a move so we can afford someone who can play for the first team. We are loaning our youngsters to get experience and the ones that are here get the benefit of playing with an experienced player. 

If we didn’t think think these players were good enough we shouldn't have signed them or extended their contracts. Telling them to find another club in the middle of a pandemic, not giving them a squad number and keeping them away from the first team would seem like a punishment for extreme bad behaviour rather than poor performances. 

7 hours ago, curious yellow said:

I’m not sure what you think we should be doing with players who are extremely unlikely to play for the first team again? Pay their wages until their contracts run out? 

Surely it’s better for them if they can find an acceptable move to a club where they will get first team football, and better for us to get them off the wage bill. We gave them as much notice as possible and planned for their departures.

As it happened, in the reduced COVID circumstances for most clubs, they didn’t move on, but we had already planned replacements. We’re hardly going to revert back to players that we’ve told they are no longer needed are we? If they were left backs or central defenders it might be different but as we’ve all recognised, we have more than enough midfielders.

30 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

I’m not sure what you think we should be doing with players who are extremely unlikely to play for the first team again? Pay their wages until their contracts run out? 

Surely it’s better for them if they can find an acceptable move to a club where they will get first team football, and better for us to get them off the wage bill. We gave them as much notice as possible and planned for their departures.

As it happened, in the reduced COVID circumstances for most clubs, they didn’t move on, but we had already planned replacements. We’re hardly going to revert back to players that we’ve told they are no longer needed are we? If they were left backs or central defenders it might be different but as we’ve all recognised, we have more than enough midfielders.

If it's in our interest for them to move we should be helping them to do so. Treating them like outcasts is not going to encourage any potential buyers. 

Signing the replacements first and then expecting these players to move on is a risky thing to do. I expect players like Sinani, McCallum and Famewo might still be here if Drmic, Trybull and Leitner had left. 

4 hours ago, Nuff Said said:

Because? 🤨

Because, we've already lost a centre midfielder for an extended period, Tettey can't play two games a week, unless we're desperate and with the demands of a compressed schedule we might need extra personnel to fill the gap..... You can drop the eyebrow now. 

8 hours ago, curious yellow said:

If it's in our interest for them to move we should be helping them to do so. Treating them like outcasts is not going to encourage any potential buyers. 

Signing the replacements first and then expecting these players to move on is a risky thing to do. I expect players like Sinani, McCallum and Famewo might still be here if Drmic, Trybull and Leitner had left. 

But a risk we could afford to take to make the signings we wanted. It would have been more risky to try and offload players and then potentially miss out on our signings - left with players we didn't want.

5 hours ago, splendidrush said:

Because, we've already lost a centre midfielder for an extended period, Tettey can't play two games a week, unless we're desperate and with the demands of a compressed schedule we might need extra personnel to fill the gap..... You can drop the eyebrow now. 

Ok, you think we might need them by the end of the season, I don’t. Webber and Farke seem to agree with me. Nuff said.

45 minutes ago, hogesar said:

But a risk we could afford to take to make the signings we wanted. It would have been more risky to try and offload players and then potentially miss out on our signings - left with players we didn't want.

That would give the whingers  something real to whinge about though Hoggo. Just imagine if  we had got rid before getting cover in?  Damned if we do.......

• Like 3

4 hours ago, hogesar said:

Yes that is right, if we can afford it. The trouble is we are now left in a similar, if not worse, position because we don't have enough defenders and are already having to play people out of position. 

We have always had plenty of midfielders, I don’t think it would be a disaster to have to play Leitner or Trybull, two key players in the promotion season. 

I think quite a few would have put Rupp in the same category last season and look at the difference this season. 

10 hours ago, splendidrush said:

Which midfielder have we lost for an extended period?

Two players we have out long term, unless I am mistaken, are Dowell and Byram. Dowell is a winger or No.10. So not a CM.

Not to mention in CM we have; Rupp, Skipp, McClean, Tettey, Sorenson, Vrancic and Mumba can also play there. Probably our most covered area of the pitch.

10 hours ago, chicken said:

Which midfielder have we lost for an extended period?

Two players we have out long term, unless I am mistaken, are Dowell and Byram. Dowell is a winger or No.10. So not a CM.

Not to mention in CM we have; Rupp, Skipp, McClean, Tettey, Sorenson, Vrancic and Mumba can also play there. Probably our most covered area of the pitch.

I don't have Dowell down as a winger but you may be right, as for the rest, I've already covered Tettey, Sorensen is currently our number one left back, Vrancic is not a defensive midfielder and nor is Mumba. Leaving Rupp, Skipp and McLean, given the 'luck' we had last Season with injuries, it's not too much of a stretch to suggest that there may still be room for TT come January..... I'm not saying it will happen but it wouldn't be the first time. 

This isn't a Sunday League side. They're not playing with their mates. They are professional footballers and their boss has told them they are no longer required to work. There is a contract in place which has to be honoured but why would you want people around who are no longer part of the firm's plans? It's a shame in some ways that all three have been moved on, but they have. But we should feel sorry for them picking up their £20 or £30k a week for doing nothing? I don't think I do.

• Like 1

On 05/11/2020 at 22:13, Nuff Said said:

We’re hardly going to revert back to players that we’ve told they are no longer needed are we?

Its unlikely, but it can and does happen.

Alan Hutton went from Lambert's infamous 'bomb squad' to getting back into his side. Simon Lappin one that I can think of at Norwich, although that was after a managerial change and 'clean slate' situation. 

10 hours ago, splendidrush said:

I don't have Dowell down as a winger but you may be right. 

Me neither, think he was brought in for number 10 but started out wide due to Buendia's suspension. 

28 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Its unlikely, but it can and does happen.

Alan Hutton went from Lambert's infamous 'bomb squad' to getting back into his side. Simon Lappin one that I can think of at Norwich, although that was after a managerial change and 'clean slate' situation. 

Agreed, I don’t claim it’s impossible, but given what we’ve seen of Farke’s (and presumably Webber’s) attitude to players once they’re out of favour, combined with who is actively available in the same position, it was never going to happen. As sgncfc says, it would just be £20-30K *per player* going to waste.

Players go from in to out of favour and ‘better’ players are signed, that’s football. Of course they will think they should still be involved and not moved on but that’s how it goes. I’m not having this ‘badly treated’ stuff personally. 

13 hours ago, sgncfc said:

This isn't a Sunday League side. They're not playing with their mates. They are professional footballers and their boss has told them they are no longer required to work. There is a contract in place which has to be honoured but why would you want people around who are no longer part of the firm's plans? It's a shame in some ways that all three have been moved on, but they have. But we should feel sorry for them picking up their £20 or £30k a week for doing nothing? I don't think I do.

All three not out of contract until last day of June 2022.

That's a very expensive gardening leave.

Presumably you'd still expect them to be turning up to Colney keeping themselves fit so that should a club enquire we are least sending them a player who can pass a beep test. 

Not sure I'd want be tell Drmic he can spend the rest of the year ski-ing in the Alps, do need to protect our asset to an extent (even if that is in reality us just being able to pass on a liability somewhere down the line). 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten