Sign in to follow this  
E I E I E I O

Another day almost gone!

Still no signings, Are the board gonna claim that all the prices were inflated and then wait till the Ashton sale dies down. Then offer a minimal  amount of money for team strengthening in the summer?

Or

Unleash 3 to 4 new signings all on the night of the Reading game?

Please let it be the second one! 

I predict that tomorrow will be a busy one, I hope so anyway! Transfers rarely get completed on a weekend, hopefully things will have been going on behind the scenes today for them to be completed tomorrow.

Whos knows, i certainly wouldnt put it past Norwich to not sign anyone at all, but with Worthington willingly letting Brennan go i feel there must be people on the way. He doesn''t usually like to let people go unless others are coming in.

we''ve had about 10 days since our last fixture to bed new players in and let them adjust to our ''style.'' why do we always have to be the last team to complete just before deasline and then throw them into games the next day.

We are obviously playing ''who blinks first'' with one or two clubs.

I''ll be glad when the whole circus is over, even if we sign no one.

Better that than another dodgy signing on a three year one way contract.

Don''t forget, Rossi, Jerome''s been in Portugal, and at least two other targets (McSheff & Halford) were involved in FA Cup games this weekend. Let''s hope that''s been the cause of the delay!

I would certainly rather Worthy waited until the last moment to sign players at a realistic value than splash the cash over the odds in a panic-buy-session. I think that it is highly likely that deal/s have been done or are very close to finalising already and Worthy will unveil tomorrow. It would certainly be a bitter blow if there were no new faces for the derby ... not sure why Worthy claimed that Earnie was not someone we could afford a few days ago ... we can''t afford 3.5M?

There will be a real gloom about the place should Norwich say that they have been priced out of any moves ... especially as they apparently had a few million to bring in Morrison a few months ago (please enlight me if I have made a crass error here!) and have the wages from Brennan and Deano and a large chunk of the fee from Deano.

It''s cos alot of other clubs want to wait as long as possible to sell. I know it may ruin ant chance of getting replacements but it may help them get the best price possible.

i dont care if Cameron Jerome was in Timbucktoo if we were serious about signing him he would of been sent home to discuss terms with us wouldnt he?

If clubs want to do business they do it... regardless of where the player might be

jas :)

Call it blind optimism, but I have high hopes that tomorrow will see a couple of new arrivals (don''t think that Worthington would have let Brennan go if no one was in the pipeline) - having given it some thought over the weekend, I would be delighted with Earnshaw and Halford as a trade for Ashton. 

I am getting a bit worried that we are not actually going to sign anyone, I hope that we dont bring in more waste of money loans. The chances of making the Play-Offs are slim and these loans just waste money. Should the player arrive and play well the price just inflates anyway. Lets buy some players and make them our own. Here''s hoping for a morale boosting 48Hrs.

Halford, Earnshaw and someone like Davenport would be fantastic.

If not Halford, Earnshaw and Dj Campbell would be good.

Getting v nervous too. As rudolph says, it''s just one big game of

chicken - who blinks first. It''s a dangerous game ''cos i''m starting to

think it could leave us with nothing.

But what choice do we have if the clubs we''re targetting won''t sell? I

definitely think jerome is out of the picture as it makes far more

sense for Cardiff to hold on to him until the summer, see if they go up

through the p/offs (i think they''re a good outside bet if they keep the

squad together) or if they don''t go up they get an auction going for

jerome in the summer. Ditto Halford.

Earnshaw is more likely as the player wants out. When the player wants

something to happen, it invariably does (huckerby to us, ashton to

whu).

But re earnshaw, i was a bit concerned reading this:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/w/west_bromwich_albion/4586962.stm

poor hold up and link up play? makes you wonder how the club does its

scouting. by reading the red tops? do we do serious homework on a

player before buying him?

I''m not worried at all if we don''t sign anyone. It means that we can then wait until summer, sack Worthington, Foley and Livermore, then give the new manager some cash to bring in his players.

The season''s a write-off now anyway, so as long as we don''t get relegated - and I don''t think we will, even with the current squad - we can start afresh from May.

[quote user="LinkNR9"]

I''m not worried at all if we don''t sign anyone. It means that we can then wait until summer, sack Worthington, Foley and Livermore, then give the new manager some cash to bring in his players.

The season''s a write-off now anyway, so as long as we don''t get relegated - and I don''t think we will, even with the current squad - we can start afresh from May.

[/quote]

This would be good for the long run i suppose, but it means the rest of this season will be a non entity when with 3 good signings we could have made into the play offs. I would rather spend nothing though than but past it crap, when we could save the money for a new managers spending spree.

i was optimistic that 3 good quality signings would come here, but reading the pink un johansson story has subdued me somewhat. hopefully its a smokescreen or poker bluff to say to other clubs we''ll buy elsewhere if they don''t lower their prices.