Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Cryptic message from Cantwell

2 hours ago, Uncle Fred said:

I prefer the term GammonΒ 

Pigs are intelligent.Β  You are a mutton. πŸ˜‰πŸ‘πŸ˜‡ πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

10 hours ago, Nuff Said said:

Isn’t that a bit like listening to Radio 3 and complaining that they never play any grime?
Β 

He has a target audience for what he does. If someone outside that intended group wants to read what he posts, they shouldn’t be surprised when it’s not aimed at them.

Surely target audience is just football fans, as he's just a football player with no other business interests & who hasn't used his platform to pivot into a spokesperson for anything?

Man who is famous for playing football = target audience is just people who follow football and footballers?Β 

31 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Surely target audience is just football fans, as he's just a football player with no other business interests & who hasn't used his platform to pivot into a spokesperson for anything?

Man who is famous for playing football = target audience is just people who follow football and footballers?Β 

I mean, no. I dont follow footballers on social media unless I'm interested in their content. If I look at Grealish' social media and it has something stupid on it I cant relate with, I dont complain about it. I just stop looking.

I've said a few things about Cantwell being annoying before, and layed into him a bit too much when it appeared he was trying to force a Leeds move.

But minutia like this makes it look like some fans are trying to relentlessly bully him out of the club, and I'd argue that this would be an act of self harm when it was so clear that we could do with an in-form Todd Cantwell on the pitch at the moment.

This is hardly the same as when he posted that "I'm going to the top" tweet is it, which was worthy of some criticism as it appeared arrogant.Β 

This post may well be intended to be cryptic or send a message to somebody or about something, or it may just a person in reflection, possibly while having some internal turmoil or something else going on in his life (we're in a pandemic, how do you know his nan hasn't died? Or he's broken up with his partner? Or his mum has been diagnosed with something?) not like he's pretending to be the worlds next top philosopher like Joey Barton when he got himself onto Question Time for copying and pasting quotes is it.Β 

Pick your battles for fecks sake. I hope Cantwell comes back with a bang to claim his second Championship winners medal.

Placheta coming on for Cantwell against tired legs is what I want to see, it would be a clear XI upgrade.Β 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

On 04/11/2020 at 08:58, Uncle Fred said:

How anyone can defend him after he downed tools after not getting his move to Leeds I will never know

We've forgiven other players who got sulky after not getting a desired move, Wes Hoolahan for example.Β 

Football fans are fickle, will be forgiven after 1 goal and almost completely forgotten after 5.Β 

Ian Crook signed for Ipswich and then changed his mind ffs, and he still kept his club legend status.

Β 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten