Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Cryptic message from Cantwell

4 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

As a wise man once said

We dont need no education

No single wise person has EVER  said such a thing. Why do I know this? Because it’s an immature thing to say. Believing that saying such a thing is ‘wise’ means you are simply another brick in the wall. 😉

But, to throw you a bone, no one should ever ‘accept’ disappointment. Disappointment is nothing more than a symptom of expectations not being met.

I’ll leave it there.

I wish Cantwell the best as he learns to find his feet in a world that seems too keen to cut him down, by venting their own nonsense and frustrations onto a young man seeking to make something of himself.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wilson said:

Zebras are always black and white.

Pelican crossings are always black and white.

In fact, black and white things are always black and white.

The Black and White Minstrels are no more.

It's Todd's Instagram account. It's not supposed to be the Seven Pillars of Wisdom.

It's slightly obscene, disturbing, intrusive, and stalker-like for anyone to copy an Insta post and put it on here out of any context in the hope of villifying the young man. 

What are middle-aged and older men even doing searching for ways of bringing Todd down? Instagram wasn't designed for them, but if they really must read it, then at least respect what it is.

• Like 1

How anyone can defend him after he downed tools after not getting his move to Leeds I will never know

its always just about him and the the team or the club, do you ever hear of any on the other players getting up to the same off field antics has him 

What if we all just get behind Todd again and make him feel the love?

It may galvanise him and he could become our talisman much the same as zaha for palace and Grealish for villa.

Both those two above have in the past said things in interviews and on socials suggesting they may not forever be at the club, and more often the press have linked their names to other clubs without much coming from it, just like they have with Todd.

What if, he is just disappointed to be relegated, that despite his love for Norwich he is gutted to be out the premier League -the highest of the high for his profession? What if he is just a young lad who doesn't know how else to express himself and is just learning on the job? 

Fact is, whatever way, we are a better team with him so let's get behind him.

- to turn this post a touch dark, and put my anti Delia hat on... What if he has seen the players leave that have left, seen the quality of incomings in training and has thought "hmm I'm unsure I like the way things are going around here?" ... Not necessarily my opinion or based on any fact, just a spin is all

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Ian said:

Why is the C in his initials in lower case

It's his alter-ego, Technetium Todd and he's going to change his squad number to 43. 🤓🤣

Apples

• Haha 1

This kid needs to get a grip. Can somebody trim his ego a little bit. Potential clubs are going to look at these posts as part of their due diligence and it doesn't exactly shine him in a great light does it. He needs to be getting his head down and working hard. He needs to at least be seen to be positive. Right now, he's just coming across as a sulky brat.

You lot need to get a grip. He's not doing anything different to many people of his demographic. Do you really give a cr@p what players put on social media? If so, you need to sort yourself out. 

• Like 3

On 03/11/2020 at 23:13, Mello Yello said:

"O pointy birds, o pointy pointy....Anoint my head, anointy-nointy".......

Steve Martin should be pickled alive to preserve his amazingness forever

On 04/11/2020 at 08:58, Uncle Fred said:

How anyone can defend him after he downed tools after not getting his move to Leeds I will never know

its always just about him and the the team or the club, do you ever hear of any on the other players getting up to the same off field antics has him 

Wow. Way to make up a story there. My turn?

How can anyone defend him after he downed tools after not getting his move to the Jupiter All-Stars to play intergalactic zero-g soccer against the best in the universe?

It's always just about his wanting to fly in space ships and not the team or the club. You ever hear of any of the other players wanting to go play in outer space?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Todd’s a man not a boy, he posts stuff for people to see so when they comment (positive or negative) what’s the problem? 

The problem is when people, who normally wouldn’t dream of following a 22 year old on Instagram, pick over innocent attempts at using his experience as inspiration and motivation for others who he presumably thinks may find it useful, and massively over-interpret what has been said. Especially when they do it on here for ... well, I’m not sure what for, but it looks like attention.

• Like 1

On 04/11/2020 at 08:58, Uncle Fred said:

Is that Cantwell’s point?

Is he referencing that he was disappointed he wasn’t deemed good enough for a big money offer to come in,  and initially, he didn’t “accept” it, but rather “dwelled” on it (it affected his attitude / he ‘downed tools’).

And is he now saying that he’s reflected on his actions, acknowledged he handled the situation badly, and is now trying to “build and grow”.

Might be wrong, but that’s how it reads to me.

• Like 2

On 04/11/2020 at 08:12, FenwayFrank said:

9C9C3020-7450-47B1-9116-1A40F62BA035.jpeg

#"Chains chains I'm oily chains"#....(Misinterpretation of Alvin's lyrics)...... 

• Haha 1

On 04/11/2020 at 07:40, Pugin said:

It's Todd's Instagram account. It's not supposed to be the Seven Pillars of Wisdom.

It's slightly obscene, disturbing, intrusive, and stalker-like for anyone to copy an Insta post and put it on here out of any context in the hope of villifying the young man. 

What are middle-aged and older men even doing searching for ways of bringing Todd down? Instagram wasn't designed for them, but if they really must read it, then at least respect what it is.

I mean, I don't agree that people are being a bit weird and obsessive....  But most people I know have private Instagram accounts, and he has chosen to make his posts available for all to see. 

7 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I mean, I don't agree that people are being a bit weird and obsessive....  But most people I know have private Instagram accounts, and he has chosen to make his posts available for all to see. 

Isn’t that a bit like listening to Radio 3 and complaining that they never play any grime?

He has a target audience for what he does. If someone outside that intended group wants to read what he posts, they shouldn’t be surprised when it’s not aimed at them.

• Like 3

Alternatively, he could have cobbled together a load of rubbish soundbites, posted it on his account, then sat back and watched parts of the internet get out their pitchforks and flaming torches.......

I will criticise a player if I think their attitude is wrong and I do think he has made mistakes, or misread situations maybe listening too much to the wrong people too in the past, but the rubbish some people are coming out with is just witch hunting. 

I actually quite like his instagram post and there is nothing "cryptic" about it, after all, "believe and achieve and never stop trying" is a pretty good message.

Edited by lake district canary

12 hours ago, TJ Canary said:

Is that Cantwell’s point?

Is he referencing that he was disappointed he wasn’t deemed good enough for a big money offer to come in,  and initially, he didn’t “accept” it, but rather “dwelled” on it (it affected his attitude / he ‘downed tools’).

And is he now saying that he’s reflected on his actions, acknowledged he handled the situation badly, and is now trying to “build and grow”.

Might be wrong, but that’s how it reads to me.

Utter woke nonsense 

58 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

Utter woke nonsense 

Fred, you really are mutton dressed as mutton x

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Pugin said:

Fred, you really are mutton dressed as mutton x

Correction:  Cretinous mutton dressed as cretinous mutton. 

He is what he is, as is Todd.. Unfortunately for Freddo , he isnt a decent footballer, whereas Todd is. 

So , a talentless cretinous mutton then.

2 hours ago, Uncle Fred said:

Utter woke nonsense 

I do find this insult you use interesting.

Woke (2020): alert to injustice

Woke: past of wake {awake, not asleep} 

Somehow using this as an insult makes me question what you are if you're not woke. Asleep? Dead? Ignorant? Bigoted? Racist? 

Anyway, keep using it 👍 

7 minutes ago, NFN FC said:

I do find this insult you use interesting.

Woke (2020): alert to injustice

Woke: past of wake {awake, not asleep} 

Somehow using this as an insult makes me question what you are if you're not woke. Asleep? Dead? Ignorant? Bigoted? Racist? 

Anyway, keep using it 👍 

I prefer the term Gammon 

On 04/11/2020 at 09:23, A Load of Squit said:

Probably due to the fact that they were never black and white.

And weren't really Minstrels either.