Sign in to follow this  
Mullet

Is it ok to have an opinion

I don't know how many thousands of Norwich fans there are but it's a lot and opinions differ. Why does every poster get ridiculed for having an opinion that is different from yours or get labelled moaner or you don't know anything about football.

It's ok to be critical if your team isn't up to expectation. It's ok to expect more or be content with mediocrity or be happy with under achievement if that's your thing. I just don't get the back biting. 

Some of us get frustrated if we dominate a game, have 20 shots but no goals and lose to a late free kick. Or one of our beloved players doesn't appear to be putting in a shift or I might be happy with losing if we play well or what ever the case may be.

It's only a matter of opinions, mine might be different to yours and I might over react but It's because we want our club to win games.

Do you think there will be harmony on Leeds forum or Sheffield Utd or Man U of course not. Our forum is no different to anyone else's

Works both ways though. Don't want the manager sacked and you are a happy clapper who lacks any ambition for the club. 

Edited by seanthecanary

Opinions are fine. But one thing I was always taught and told is that if you are brave enough to put one out there, be prepared for people to disagree with it.

And it's that prepared bit.

Especially these days when people think their opinion is some form of gold standard that carries more weight than experts. We have seen where a lot of that gets us nationally. "Experts, who needs them, what the hell do they know?"

If you are going to say you think someone is rubbish, or for that matter, amazing, have something a bit more than "it's my opinion" to back it up with. Why do you think they are amazing? Are there stats that back this up? What is the general feel both inside and outside of the club? What do opposition fans think?

1 minute ago, TheGunnShow said:

The question is less the opinion itself, but more how informed it is.

This with pompoms! ^^

Most posters on here are pretty fair minded and can disagree amicably. A few can’t, that’s life.

Personally I like to challenge particularly and consistently negative posters. The kind that only pop up to have a dig when we lose. Their views are, to my mind, corrosive and ultimately they can be damaging if that negativity spreads. They call themselves ‘supporters’ when in actual fact they are critics or customers.

Even Farke has mentioned the pressure of weight of expectation and it has brought down many a relegated side before. I want to help the club. 

And that’s why I challenge the moaners.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Just post what you want. What are they going to do, grass you up to the janitor? Pff, so what.

Edited by The Real Buh

There are opinions and there are facts. For example, I've lost count of the 'where has all the money gone, nudge nudge wink wink' posts. Suggestions that the poster look at the accounts are ignored. 

And only a few days ago someone suggested that Emi is overrated........

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

Why aren’t we allowed to have an opinion?

Because shush.

12 minutes ago, Beefy is a legend said:

Most posters on here are pretty fair minded and can disagree amicably. A few can’t, that’s life.

Personally I like to challenge particularly and consistently negative posters. The kind that only pop up to have a dig when we lose. Their views are, to my mind, corrosive and ultimately they can be damaging if that negativity spreads. They call themselves ‘supporters’ when in actual fact they are critics or customers.

Even Farke has mentioned the pressure of weight of expectation and it has brought down many a relegated side before. I want to help the club. 

And that’s why I challenge the moaners.

As is put in rhyming vernacular - the "happy clappers" against the "nappy crappers".

1 minute ago, Feedthewolf said:

Because shush.

If Farke had bought shush when we had the chance we wouldn’t be in this mess!

webber out!

4 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

Why aren’t we allowed to have an opinion?

You are, as long as it is the right one. The forum rules are quite clear about that - why is anyone complaining about this? 

4 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

If Farke had bought shush when we had the chance we wouldn’t be in this mess!

webber out!

"Why aren't we shush?"

• Haha 1

How I understand it I think only "normal football supporters" are allowed an opinion. But my request asking what a "normal football supporter was" fell on stony ground.

I tend to only post when there's a 'y' in the day because I'm clearly not normal....

🤪

1 minute ago, Feedthewolf said:

"Why aren't we shush?"

QPR bought Shush, Swansea got Hush and Stifle is a free agent and as usual we do nothing. Nothing!