Sign in to follow this  
Alex Moss

Fishing 🎣

Any keen anglers on here? I know there’s a few on the main board 😉, but interested to see what fellow anglers think our chances are that we’ll be allowed to continue during lockdown? As far as I can see, we will be allowed to do this with maybe 1 other person from another household so we may have a saving grace from days and weeks on end stuck at home. 

Cant speak for what Angling regs are in Uk,  but over here I can dangle anywhere within 5km of home. Fortunately I am within 1k of a  lake that has a healthy population of Pike, my friend caught one there 28 and 3/4 lb on a popping frog...surface lures are my favourite method for pike and sea bass. ...so exciting. The sea is only 1km to the south so I have a good stretch I can access. We also have an incredible resource close by.....a very deep saltwater lake that is tidal, also within 5 km limit.  Ever caught Mackerel and Coalies while standing under an oak tree? We do.

Edited by wcorkcanary
  • Like 1

Sounds amazing that, Corkio! I’m just about to go out and check out some new potential marks for the weeks ahead - Dorset’s a good spot for winter cod, I reckon the Chesil stretch will be a bit busy over the next month or so! Fished my whole life but never used surface lures, must try that. We get sizeable bass here off the rock marks that are a short walk from my village on the Jurassic Coast, I will be trying for some late mackerel off Dancing Ledge later this week, had 11 garfish there only last week!

On 02/11/2020 at 15:06, wcorkcanary said:

but over here I can dangle anywhere within 5km of home

You get arrested for that sort of thing over here

• Haha 1

On 03/11/2020 at 11:20, wcorkcanary said:

It's ok, I have a license. 

A dangling license? It must be Holland. 

Angling/fishing is the only hobby you can legally enjoy during lockdown. 

Golf tried but conceded when the Government suggested allowing it would open the floodgates for other requests which would end up with the roads busy with people pursuing what they could.

34 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Angling/fishing is the only hobby you can legally enjoy during lockdown. 

Golf tried but conceded when the Government suggested allowing it would open the floodgates for other requests which would end up with the roads busy with people pursuing what they could.

M******ation?

2 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

Not with all that gel 😬

I’m tempted, but I’ll leave it there...

On 02/11/2020 at 07:06, wcorkcanary said:

We also have an incredible resource close by.....a very deep saltwater lake that is tidal, also within 5 km limit.  Ever caught Mackerel and Coalies while standing under an oak tree? 

Would that be Lough Hyne by any chance WCC? 

6 minutes ago, Surfer said:

Would that be Lough Hyne by any chance WCC? 

Aye Surfero , lovely  place , ever been?

I have not, but I think I’ll have to put it on my list. 

Edited by Surfer