Sign in to follow this  
dylanisabaddog

Millwall game not on Sky?

Surprised about this. I thought Sky showed all midweek games on the red button. Back to ifollow ☹️

Edited by dylanisabaddog

I imagine they reached an agreement with the clubs not to show some games on sky so you have to pay an extra tenna to watch on ifollow. 

23 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Asvertised on sky sports news as being available via the red button?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.skysports.com/amp/football/news/11095/12002801/live-football-on-sky-sports-games-dates-kick-off-times

It's not mentioned here. Or on this site which usually lists red button games

https://www.live-footballontv.com/live-football-on-sky-sports.html

SSN have been showing continuously tonights game is on the red button.  Where do you get your info?

It will be on the red button, I doubt the person on Sky Live chat does anything other than check the channel listings (which obviously wont show that the match is being shown).

2 hours ago, pete said:

SSN have been showing continuously tonights game is on the red button.  Where do you get your info?

What game’s tonight?

Had a quick look at Sky’s picks for their feature matches – Bristol City and Reading are both on four times, Cardiff, QPR, Forest, Barnsley and Bournemouth are on three times up to December 9. In total 19 clubs have screenings – we’re not one of them. Maybe they reckon we’ve got enough money already, but the way things are shaping up maybe we’ll be their fairy tale club again and it’ll feel like it’s Norwich TV not Sky TV on the run-in as it was for us last time in the Chump.

8 minutes ago, lappinitup said:

That link is showing no games ever being on the red button- so unless the agreement has come to an abrupt end (which you'd think would get mentioned somewhere) then I just don't think the guide shows red button games.

• Like 1

On Sky Sport site it says:

All matches for midweek Championship rounds will be shown live on the Sky Sports Football Red Button this season.

Monday 2 November 2020 15:08, UK

4 minutes ago, crispeduk said:

On Sky Sport site it says:

All matches for midweek Championship rounds will be shown live on the Sky Sports Football Red Button this season.

Hope you're right Crispy.

7 minutes ago, lappinitup said:

Hope you're right Crispy.

Doesn't help me, I just got the Now TV cheapo sport deal to brighten up lockdown. Great value - but red button matches not available as part of the deal  🤣

Should have added that bit of Now deal seems to depend on your device - I watching it on a laptop, not sure if it's available viewing in other ways. Technology eh!

Edited by crispeduk
further info

Championship football live: How to watch midweek matches live on Sky Sports

Quite a difference of opinion! It looks like it's not on. But then their website is really not clear

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11688/12105601/championship-football-live-how-to-watch-midweek-matches-live-on-sky-sports

Which says:

But then:

Please note: We can only show rescheduled, displaced midweek games or games taking place away from Saturday at 3pm that aren't part of a regular midweek round on the Red Button where respective clubs stream them on their iFollow app.

Which I'll be honest, is a sentence that makes my brain hurt

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I’d like to apologise to CANARYKING for disagreeing with him as he was in fact correct.

Having looked into this a bit closer, there are usually 8 midweek rounds of fixtures in the Championship, and Sky Sports’ regular contract enables them to broadcast all eight via the red button. 

With there being more midweek rounds this season due to factors, there are some midweek rounds that aren’t included in Sky Sports’ contract. This is one of those rounds. 

Basically, iFollow is the only way to watch the game tomorrow unless you find yourself an alternative online stream.

I hope this helps.