Sign in to follow this  
Jools

The Reform Party

13 hours ago, Jools said:

A 'focused protection' policy to protect the most vulnerable so the rest of the population can develop herd immunity and get on with keeping the economy alive as well as thousands of people --- I'll have some of that 👍

A simple fact totally destroys this extremely dangerous clap-trap. There is not one single example of a country bringing a coronavirus pandemic under control through herd-immunity, without first the wide-spread introduction of a successful vaccine.

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/herd-immunity-is-impossible-without-a-vaccine

Farage's attempt to profit from ignorance on this issue, and play on peoples' distress is utterly disgusting. It is absolutely essential to the success of the lock-down that everybody unites behind the protocols. To seek to undermine it's success borders on treasonous behaviour. No one supporting this egregious charlatan could ever again claim any title to patriot.

Good luck nige. Maybe this time you'll actually get enough votes to be an mp. You were just unlucky the other 7 times clearly!

7 hours ago, horsefly said:

It's called the Reform Party because all its members are required to be ex-Reform school in-mates. Great news for Labour!

oh hahahaha you are such a wit - tw*t

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Well b back said:

Maybe they will be getting our doctors and nurses to leave the U.K. and return home to Europe just before a pandemic. Hindsight hey

One of the first priorities of a Reform government will be to train our own indigenous doctors and nurses so that we don't have to steal them from third-world countries that need them more than we do.

5 hours ago, Mr Apples said:

Fools and their money are soon parted. 🤔🤣

Apples

The £3 I spent to vote Corbyn as leader of the Labour Party was the best money I ever spent.

• Haha 1

I'm in. It is great to have a party truly aligned with the wishes of the majority of the population. Time to stop pandering to the minority.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

I'm in. It is great to have a party truly aligned with the wishes of the majority of the population. Time to stop pandering to the minority.

https://yougov.co.uk/topics/health/articles-reports/2020/11/01/snap-poll-72-english-people-back-prime-ministers-p

You're just making stuff up.

A snap YouGov poll, conducted last night and this morning, reveals that almost three quarters of English people (72%) support returning the country to lockdown, including 42% who say they “strongly support” doing so. Fewer than one in four Britons (23%) oppose the move.

38 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

One of the first priorities of a Reform government will be to train our own indigenous doctors and nurses so that we don't have to steal them from third-world countries that need them more than we do.

This is another thing you made up.

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

Farage has yet to make himself an MP, I'd hold your horses before talking about them forming a Government. 

A good piece by David Allen Green.

https://davidallengreen.com/2020/11/the-importance-of-nigel-farage-and-other-political-hobgoblins/

"And when there are political gaps, the political hobgoblins appear.

They are an index of the failure of a government to properly explain a complex policy issue and to engage with the public.

The easy answers promoted by the political hobgoblins have little or no merit in themselves, but this does not matter.

The political hobgoblins do not care, for they thrive in the political gaps.

And that is why political populists should always be taken seriously, for they are an indication of political failure.

Political hobgoblins exist to warn us."

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rock The Boat said:

Well 2 things I see as a bit of problem here. First, when's the next general election? Second, even if there was one soon the Refarm party won't get any where near power. 

(I also love the use of indigenous and third-world) 

7 hours ago, sonyc said:

I know, according to polls, that 72% of the population support the lockdown.

Do you seriously believe that, sonyc?

4 minutes ago, Jools said:

The Reform Party manifesto:

https://reform-party.uk/

"Action Plan.

The Reform Party watchword will always be our morality. As a people, we will always care for the weaker, provide an equal platform for success for the majority and ensure that the strong do not allow greed to skew society to the advantage of a tiny elite.

Freedom of the Individual

The Reform Party is a libertarian party that would like the population to live via moral rules but we understand that in a very diverse society this is not feasible. The only law that will stand from the EEC will be Article 8 – the human rights law.

The other way to protect the moral majority will be that all fines and charges levied over and above normal taxation e.g. parking fines, speeding fines, court fines and charges etc. will go into the central government pot. This will stop the amoral money hungry in government using financial leverage against the ordinary citizen."

It's a bit lacking in substance! 

The following is from a fellow Reform Party supporter:

People for decades have seen the general collapse of the effectiveness of both the British state and the British public sector. Nothing works as it should and the worse the department, the more resources are poured into it.

Ordinary people are fed up with seeing failure rewarded, whether on a personal or departmental level. They are sick of quangos doing politicians' jobs for them, sick of their concerns going unaddressed, such as with open borders for example, sick of conniving politicians patronising them with unconvincing rubbish.

Above all, and more people are waking up to this, we are disgusted by the way in which a gang of Doctor Frankensteins, who regard us all as nothing more than a culture in a petri dish, who have been allowed to run amok with our rights and liberties and micro manage our lives.

We, the people of Britain, deserve much, much better. It is clear that the existing institutions, the entire Establishment in fact, together with both Conservative and Labour parties, work directly against our interests.

It is time for real change and we're not going to get it from the existing political parties.

2 minutes ago, Jools said:

Do you seriously believe that, sonyc?

I simply referenced a national poll. A poll like any other is what it is.

Please leave me alone Jools. I'm not intending to post on the Brexit, Reform or Coronavirus threads from now. So one less to spar with. I'm gonna to try very hard put it that way.

A lot of unpleasant stuff bubbling around over the last few weeks and it's put me into submission. Not exactly driven away but I don't believe my arguments or views or input makes much difference .....and in return, there is much more happiness to be had elsewhere.

As for Norwich City, then maybe all posters might have a shared agenda.

I'm dispirited at the state of things nationally and internationally as you may imagine. Hopefully times will change. And maybe posters can find ahead a better ground for reflective self-aware comment and constructive argument than is apparent now.

There used to be very interesting exchanges but now it's simply vitriol and insults traded.  I put a thoughtful argument up a few weeks ago (it was certainly not party political or controversial) but the comment received was it was b*llux. This is what you're up against. 

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Jools said:

People for decades have seen the general collapse of the effectiveness of both the British state and the British public sector. Nothing works as it should and the worse the department, the more resources are poured into it.

Ordinary people are fed up with seeing failure rewarded, whether on a personal or departmental level. They are sick of quangos doing politicians' jobs for them, sick of their concerns going unaddressed, such as with open borders for example, sick of conniving politicians patronising them with unconvincing rubbish.

Above all, and more people are waking up to this, we are disgusted by the way in which a gang of Doctor Frankensteins, who regard us all as nothing more than a culture in a petri dish, who have been allowed to run amok with our rights and liberties and micro manage our lives.

We, the people of Britain, deserve much, much better. It is clear that the existing institutions, the entire Establishment in fact, together with both Conservative and Labour parties, work directly against our interests.

It is time for real change and we're not going to get it from the existing political parties.

... And I highly doubt we will get it from another Farage party

1 minute ago, sonyc said:

Please leave me alone Jools.

😮 Blimey! Am I that aggressive?

I think you're mistaking me for Horsefly 😉

1 minute ago, Jools said:

😮 Blimey! Am I that aggressive?

I think you're mistaking me for Horsefly 😉

Well obviously you are that aggressive. 8 mins after sonyc asked to be left alone, you quote them! 

2 hours ago, Rock The Boat said:

If the majority were as thick as you we'd be in real trouble. Toss-pot!

35 minutes ago, Jools said:

Are you sure you didn't write that Scrounger? It's clearly put together by someone as thick as sh*t. Got your prints all over it

Edited by horsefly

1 hour ago, Herman said:

A good piece by David Allen Green.

https://davidallengreen.com/2020/11/the-importance-of-nigel-farage-and-other-political-hobgoblins/

"And when there are political gaps, the political hobgoblins appear.

They are an index of the failure of a government to properly explain a complex policy issue and to engage with the public.

The easy answers promoted by the political hobgoblins have little or no merit in themselves, but this does not matter.

The political hobgoblins do not care, for they thrive in the political gaps.

And that is why political populists should always be taken seriously, for they are an indication of political failure.

Political hobgoblins exist to warn us."

Well Dave Allen Green got one thing right, that new political parties are a sign of political failure. But not of the government failing to get its message across. Though of course, failing governments would like to claim 'we're just misunderstood!'

The failure is when governments - or any major party (ref: Labour) fails to align with either its core supporters or the mood of opinion within the country, then new parties will spring up to offer what the people want. Which is why the Greens are now a political party that didn't exist a generation ago. Now they do because there's a demand for the Greens. And if Farage is correct and there is a need for a Libertarian party that is not satisfied by current parties then the Reform party will thrive.

I wonder if Green believes Green policies have little or no merit in themselves, because that is what he just wrote. Shows what a shallow thinker he is. 

9 minutes ago, horsefly said:

If the majority were as thick as you we'd be in real trouble. Toss-pot!

Resentful and Angry seems to be your standard state. How sad. Never mind.

2 hours ago, Rock The Boat said:

The £3 I spent to vote Corbyn as leader of the Labour Party was the best money I ever spent.

Same as that 👍 😀

1 minute ago, Rock The Boat said:

Resentful and Angry seems to be your standard state. How sad. Never mind.

The following was your comment you buffoon: "oh hahahaha you are such a wit - tw*t." I'm just reponding in the same tone as you since that's all you seem to understand. Don't start off the abuse if you don't want it returned.

3 minutes ago, Jools said:

Same as that 👍 😀

That worked out well for the country. Well done!

21 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

We desperately need a genuine alternative to labour and the conservatives

not UKIP re-heated for the third time

Until we get electoral reform and this FPFP nonsense ditched, that alternative will not appear.

• Thanks 1

Funny how all those that cheered austerity cuts, including health and mental health services, cheered an economically damaging brexit are now the ones worried about people's mental health and the country's economy. It's as if they are finally getting hit in the wallet, getting a taste of what the rest of the country had to endure for the last decade and they really don't like it.

Edited by Herman