Sign in to follow this  
Jools

The Reform Party

A 'focused protection' policy to protect the most vulnerable so the rest of the population can develop herd immunity and get on with keeping the economy alive as well as thousands of people --- I'll have some of thatΒ πŸ‘

Β 

• Like 1

Grifters have to grift - I assume there is a membership fee to join this latest scam?Β 

• Haha 2

Oh. Hahaha. Parasites gonna parasite. And Jools falls for it, hook, line and stinker. 🀣

This is where very poor leadership leads. A big hole for opportunists like Farage to fill.Β 

• Like 2

This nothing but good news, apart from maybe having to see more of theΒ  unemployed talk radio DJ. Will only appeal to the elderly, white and lesser educated cohort that Johnson/Cummings hoovered up last year to get their large majority. If it chips a few percentage points off the 39% the Tories currently have that can be nothing be good.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BigFish said:

This nothing but good news, apart from maybe having to see more of theΒ  unemployed talk radio DJ. Will only appeal to the elderly, white and lesser educated cohort that Johnson/Cummings hoovered up last year to get their large majority. If it chips a few percentage points off the 39% the Tories currently have that can be nothing be good.

So your going to sweep the board with a freshly invigorated United labour party?

Is that with or without Corbyn?

• Like 1

I'm in

The reform party it is

Doris has proved himself as out of touch as BigFish

πŸ˜‰

and by the way it changes nothing, just makes a coalition more likely

Edited by Bagster
Addition
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Surfer said:

Grifters have to grift - I assume there is a membership fee to join this latest scam?Β 

Yep, Nigel's found his latest opportunist scam and the usual types unquestioningly jump on board.

Farage does make a fair point that our electoral models are antiquated and not fit for purpose. I've said several times that our first-past-the-post election model is outdated, undemocratic, and effectively useless. This is one of those cases where as much as I rarely agree with him, this is one where I do.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Farage does make a fair point that our electoral models are antiquated and not fit for purpose. I've said several times that our first-past-the-post election model is outdated, undemocratic, and effectively useless. This is one of those cases where as much as I rarely agree with him, this is one where I do.

Yeah I agree with that at least- as much as I don't like their policies it was a scandal that UKIP got nearly 4m votes in 2015 but only 1 seat, while the SNP got under 3m votes yet ended up with 56 seats.

• Like 1

The system does need an overhaul for sure but this 'Reform' party isn't the answer. We have had two party politics for far too long with these two groups of idiots leading the country. It's not likely to ever change though as they'll hold on to power for as long as they can. I can't see a way to get a change in voting system through parliament.Β 

It's called the Reform Party because all its members are required to be ex-Reform school in-mates. Great news for Labour!

2 hours ago, Bagster said:

So your going to sweep the board with a freshly invigorated United labour party?

Is that with or without Corbyn?

If RUK get above 10% support, yes it will be board sweeping time (without Corbyn)

1 hour ago, NFN FC said:

The system does need an overhaul for sure but this 'Reform' party isn't the answer. We have had two party politics for far too long with these two groups of idiots leading the country. It's not likely to ever change though as they'll hold on to power for as long as they can. I can't see a way to get a change in voting system through parliament.Β 

Needs the LibDems to come on strong, like when we had the AV referendum. Problem was that AV was the proposed idea and not full proportional representation or indeed my preference of going full Swiss.

I believe there is a lot of recruiting potential on the main Coronavirus thread given a lot of posters' views of lockdown. Maybe Farage has hit upon a big seam of discontent if that thread is reflective of the population. I know, according to polls, that 72% of the population support the lockdown (YouGov) but that leaves a large minority.Β 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Needs the LibDems to come on strong, like when we had the AV referendum. Problem was that AV was the proposed idea and not full proportional representation or indeed my preference of going full Swiss.

The Swiss system does seem to get people really involved in decision making

Just now, NFN FC said:

The Swiss system does seem to get people really involved in decision making

More pertinently, it gets those involved who are interested and therefore more likely to be reasonably informed. If you're not that interested in the topic matter, no worries, as there'll be another referendum soon enough on a topic you may have more interest in.

3 hours ago, MooreMarriot said:

Before you sign up remember the great Brexit Party parliamentaryΒ candidate scam of 2019 where 3000 mugs handed over Β£100 . They never saw their money again.

Fools and their money are soon parted. πŸ€”πŸ€£

Apples

• Haha 1

Maybe they will be getting our doctors and nurses to leave the U.K. and return home to Europe just before a pandemic. Hindsight hey

29 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

More pertinently, it gets those involved who are interested and therefore more likely to be reasonably informed. If you're not that interested in the topic matter, no worries, as there'll be another referendum soon enough on a topic you may have more interest in.

Unfortunately to try to get anything like that through parliament would be near on impossible!Β 

22 minutes ago, NFN FC said:

Unfortunately to try to get anything like that through parliament would be near on impossible!Β 

Sure. For as long as politicians and the electorate want fundamentally opposite things, that will happen. Politicians want safe seats. The electorate wants their party to have a chance.

28 minutes ago, Icecream Snow said:

David Lammy sums it up well for me

Β 

Β 

I would think thatΒ many a 'Brexit' voter may be questioning themselves as to what theyΒ actually have in common with Farage. Seeds of self doubt I wouldΒ guess are sprouting in the mindsΒ of many - especially the nostalgic elderly. Arh wellΒ  - three score years and ten seems about right πŸ˜‰

That Farage, Tice areΒ little 'Trumps' and as shallow, destructiveΒ and self-centred should come as no surprise to anybody rational.Β  Perhaps theyΒ should have an initiation ceremony / right of passage where they are all given Covid and packet of paracetamol on a remote isolated island - we can come back in a month or 6 weeks to pick up the 'worthy' survivors.

They're going to hold some rallies in corridors of 4 star hotels currently housing asylum seekers, entry will be Β£50 you can upgrade to a 'meet and greet' package* for Β£500. Strictly payments in advance no refunds available.

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

* There's no guarantee that you'll meet anyone called Farage.Β 

3 hours ago, horsefly said:

It's called the Reform Party because all its members are required to be ex-Reform school in-mates. Great news for Labour!

Cheap ham from the supermarket is reformed. Maybe that's where they got the idea from.Β 

• Haha 2