Sign in to follow this  
WD40

Would football be included in new lockdown?

If there are no fans already, would football need to stop under a new lockdown?

Would seem to me it could continue but what do I know. 

Edited by WD40

With the testing being carried out in the game can't see football being halted,  needed for the country's morale.  If no football we will fall apart.  EPL will implode as they are so important to the UK,.  

2 minutes ago, pete said:

With the testing being carried out in the game can't see football being halted,  needed for the country's morale.

I'd agree with this. It may not be the same without fans, but to have matches to look forwards to is still a good thing for fans to focus on.

3 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Christmas might be cancelled. That will improve my morale, with or without football!

A kindred spirit...

11 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Christmas might be cancelled. That will improve my morale, with or without football!

Add me to the list......

3 minutes ago, CANARYKING said:

No mention of sporting events, so carry on ?

You would hope, give us something to entertain us during the month. Not like the public can turn up and watch the sports anyway so no real reason to stop them right?

11 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

You would hope, give us something to entertain us during the month. Not like the public can turn up and watch the sports anyway so no real reason to stop them right?

Would be typical that just as we hit form lock down rears its head again.

7 minutes ago, mastoola said:

PM said football will continue.

Does that include grassroots, does anyone know? I can't bear to sit and watch his big thatched head for an hour, I'll catch the highlights later.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Feedthewolf said:

Does that include grassroots, does anyone know? I can't bear to sit and watch his big thatched head for an hour, I'll catch the highlights later.

Would be a bit odd to have just the top divison playing and not the rest

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Would be a bit odd to have just the top divison playing and not the rest

Er... grassroots football doesn't mean anything below the Premier League.

Just now, cambridgeshire canary said:

Ah, misread your post.

No worries.

Anyone else know whether grassroots will be able to continue? Really hoping my veterans' team will be able to keep playing, but doubt it somehow.

As long as I'm still allowed out on my bike, I'm happy 🙂

Elite sport is ok to continue but not sure how far down the football pyramid that gets.  Would be surprised if ITFC could be classified as ‘elite’.....🤔

Edited by Branston Pickle
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Elite sport is ok to continue but not sure how far down the football pyramid that gets.  Would be surprised if ITFC could be classified as ‘elite’.....🤔

One would imagine that's professional football only, so King's Lynn and everyone below them might end up getting canned again. Fixture congestion will be obscene if they actually try to complete the season with November wiped off the calendar.

Projected figures that deaths could rise during this second wave to 4,000 a day and some on here are concerned about football continuing.

Shakes head.

41 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

One would imagine that's professional football only, so King's Lynn and everyone below them might end up getting canned again. Fixture congestion will be obscene if they actually try to complete the season with November wiped off the calendar.

I think this is correct - all professional leagues will fall under 'elite' category. So I think the EFL will continue but National League down will have to stop. 

38 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Projected figures that deaths could rise during this second wave to 4,000 a day and some on here are concerned about football continuing.

Shakes head.

Well its not like anyone on here can stop people dying is it? 

39 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Shakes head.

Yeah, I manage a team so I'm interested to know whether our games will continue or not. Doesn't mean I think that's more important than the colossal human cost of the coronavirus.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

It's a football forum. People want to know how these restrictions will affect their lives. That includes NCFC, and amateur football both playing and watching.

It doesn't mean people don't care about lives. 

2 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

True but people could take some responsibility to help slowdown that happening.

2 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Yeah, I manage a team so I'm interested to know whether our games will continue or not. Doesn't mean I think that's more important than the colossal human cost of the coronavirus.

Make your own judgement then wolfie whether you would want to take the risk even if you were permitted. Nothing to stop you crossing the road but you surely wouldn't do it with a speeding car heading your way ?

2 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Make your own judgement then wolfie whether you would want to take the risk even if you were permitted. Nothing to stop you crossing the road but you surely wouldn't do it with a speeding car heading your way ?

If we were permitted to continue playing football by the government, I would ask the players in my team if they wished to continue playing or not. My view is that if our best scientific advisors have said it's okay to continue playing, I'd be happy for my team to do so if they wanted to.

Sorry didn’t see this thread and put on a new one.

Both the EPL and EFL have confirmed they will continue ( under those calculations that Ip5w1ch got done by we would have been promoted had the season been abandoned now).

My understanding from SKY is all grassroots football is halted.