cambridgeshire canary

Can we all take a moment to appreciate Tim Krul?

What a guy. Not just from the footage of him last match commanding all our players just prior to kickoff (And personally going to Sørensen to tell him he's good enough to play, he deservers to start and not to worry) but the fantastic saves that kept us in that match to todays heroic efforts.

Save after save, keeping us in it and often straight out the box to just leap with confidence to keep the ball away from danger, to his psychological mind games against Wells to put him off his penalty, and all this from a player who a few seasons ago could not even make the struggling first team of a so-so Brighton side and then his very serious, almost career ending injury (Which he himself has stated was the worst moment of his career which sent him into serious depression and self doubt) it's been a hell of a ride for him, and he's quickly becoming one of my favourite players of our current crop

madman.jpg

• Like 12

He’s an absolute man mountain and I love him very very much lol

I honestly believe he intimidated people hugely on penalties as well. His reputation precedes him

1 minute ago, kirku said:

Best keeper we've had in years

One of the best ever, imo, and we've had some very good ones.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

He’s an absolute man mountain and I love him very very much lol

I honestly believe he intimidated people hugely on penalties as well. His reputation precedes him

Krul - what's your name? 

Spurs player - Parrot 

Krul - you're so carp you're not even on my bottle

😂😂😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Was actually then thinking he deserved his own thread.

What a player he has been for us after a somewhat shaky first couple of months at NCFC. He's recently said in an interview done for the Athletic that he feels mentally and physically the best he has in his career - it certainly seems to be showing.

I have never felt more confidence in an NCFC keeper and don't think he has any weaknesses. He's even good with his feet at this level IMO.

Two more great saves today - he actually managed to get fingertips to Martin's shot to tip it to the inside of the post. Incredible save.

Plus another couple of really good stops in the Brentford game - that looping header to the far post save in particular.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Krul - what's your name? 

Spurs player - Parrot 

Krul - you're so carp you're not even on my bottle

😂😂😂

I hope this conversation actually happened...?!

• Haha 1

Best keeper we could possibly hope to have at this level and it would take something for us to improve upon him, even if promoted again.

Part of me still wants young Angus to come home too though, but I certainly wouldn't be dropping Krul unless something changed dramatically.

35 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

This.

38 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

Hard to disagree - and people wanted him replaced for our prem season remember!

He did indeed tell Parrott he'd got no footage of him. He told Wells today "whatever you do don't put it down the middle" 

And he also confirmed he touched that martin shot 

35 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Mea culpa.😳

Yes, me too. I never thought he could do it, but he's stepped up his game to a different level since Fahrmann arrived as competition. The save today from Martin's header was incredible and the pressure he puts on penalty takers; he was right in Wells's face when he missed too - he's probably won us 4 points in the last 2 games. He looks very solid now and comfortably one of the best in the division.

One very, very, really, really small thing.......I wish he'd come for corners more often (but that's really, really small critcism.....honest)

Must be reassuring for the defenders to have Krul behind them. He will take some shifting from getting POTS.

Great keeper.. But still does the odd thing... was it just me that thought he should have held the shot that led to the first goal? 

His presence is huge. Obviously gets in the oppositions head too. 

Edited by Il Pirata

51 minutes ago, Il Pirata said:

Great keeper.. But still does the odd thing... was it just me that thought he should have held the shot that led to the first goal? 

His presence is huge. Obviously gets in the oppositions head too. 

Hes clearly mastered the art of psychology, seems to be the only goalkeeper around who loves it when he has to try and save a penalty 

1 hour ago, TIL 1010 said:

Must be reassuring for the defenders to have Krul behind them. He will take some shifting from getting POTS.

Just think if he'd had decent defenders in front of him he may not have been called into action as much!

Fantastic man and shot stopper. Not sure he commands his area and organises the defence as well as he could, but probably the best keeper in the Championship.

He didn't get the credit he deserved from the Sky commentary team as they waxed lyrical about Martin's shot from outside the box. "Krul absolutely nowhere near it - no chance" screamed one of them. No, he only finger tipped it onto the post.

• Like 2

On 31/10/2020 at 20:38, TIL 1010 said:

I was thinking the same during the game today.

Edited by Nuff Said

Probably our best player last season, definitely our best player so far this season 👍🏼💪🏼👌

I've seen some good keepers in my time at Carra, I think Keelan was by far & away the most spectacular, he could save the impossible but he would give away some stupid ones. Woods, Green, Gunn all great keepers. When Krul first played for us, I thought he was a bit swanky, a bit too Kool, something about his demeanour that I didn't like. I have never been so wrong about anyone in my life. What a keeper, what a character. This man grows a foot taller every time I see him play. He should be playing every game for Holland, make no mistake, he's good enough. Nice to see him back to his very best, & nice to see him playing for us. 

Yet another example of many of our experts on here writing him off after his first two or three games! Class is permanent 

Thought he could have done better with their goal but apart from that was excellent, two fantastic saves  and around presence about him. Seems like a decent bloke too... Definitely been responsible for getting us points this season.