Sign in to follow this  
East Rider

Looks like the real Teemu Pukki is back

Excellent today and twice in the second half got himself into positions where he would have scored had the better ball been put in.

Onwards and upwards

According to some on here after the Derby game, he was finished. Apparently nobody told him that. Bit rude of him to start looking like his old self after carrying and playing with an injury for a while and make those people look silly. Very rude indeed 

Edited by seanthecanary

Amazing what full fitness and returning confidence in your physical ability can do! He’s back! 🧔🏼🇫🇮💥

• Like 1

Could have had a hatrick if not four if Placheta had just passed it rather than going for goal, but still lovely to see.

He never was 'finished' after all he's only 30 😉

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

28 minutes ago, seanthecanary said:

According to some on here after the Derby game, he was finished. Apparently nobody told him that. Bit rude of him to start looking like his old self after carrying and playing with an injury for a while and make those people look silly. Very rude indeed 

Agreed. However, i suspect a lot of that was frustration (on the moaners part of course).

If he is indeed back to his best, then its going to be an hell of a ride again!

Also amazing what happens when Stiepermann's back to give him his regular supply. Placheta looks a really good addition to that front four simply as his pace gives everyone up there an extra yard of space.

@Robornio makes the sound point that returning physical capability will also have a lot to do with it. What you saw today was the result of two or three factors coming together.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, seanthecanary said:

I was one of those after the Derby game saying Pukki was no longer the striker that got us promoted and its time for Farke to go. If Pukki is getting his mojo back and Farke gets the team playing like this, other teams won't live with them and I'll be the first to admit I got it wrong. For 20 minutes it was like watching Brazil.