ron obvious

today's team now up

2 minutes ago, sonyc said:

Skipp's best match for me so far. Was everywhere, did the dirty stuff and had great energy. He must now know he made the right choice in coming to a club serious about playing good football and wanting to get back to the PL.

I haven't been able to see the replay yet of their goal that came immediately after our second. It seemed far too easy for them and incredible that we couldn't break up their play.

Not saying it was on Skipp, but it just came to mind reading your post.

Just now, BaltimoreBird said:

I haven't been able to see the replay yet of their goal that came immediately after our second. It seemed far too easy for them and incredible that we couldn't break up their play.

It’s our system and the way we play with our full backs way up the pitch.

Good performance all round - Bristol are a decent side and will cause a few problems to anyone, but we were a real handful today and thoroughly deserved the win.

Terrific performance right through the team and we picked up a gear today. Fabulous in every way. We re going to be the team everybody fears from now on.

Edited by Rock The Boat

Millwall will come to play next good game to look forward to.  Sumptuous football

2 minutes ago, Well b back said:

It’s our system and the way we play with our full backs way up the pitch.

It is a bit strange to see Aarons the furthest guy forward so often when things break down but it’s the way we work. 

It’s astonishing how we are continuing to give soft goals away so often, but it’ll surely come good and it matters less when the front guys are firing.

11 minutes ago, BaltimoreBird said:

Agree, he could have been more switched on for that. 

Lets be honest, it could easily have been five or six.

Bristol are one of the better sides but were very second best today.

Edited by ricardo

Utterly different aspect of the game, was Bristol's goalie top a carpet or a ****ing seizure hazard?

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

It is a bit strange to see Aarons the furthest guy forward so often when things break down but it’s the way we work. 

It’s astonishing how we are continuing to give soft goals away so often, but it’ll surely come good and it matters less when the front guys are firing.

Grant Holt was talking about it on Sky and basically said that’s just the price you pay for the way we play. If we were less open, we would be less effective upfront.

22 minutes ago, sonyc said:

Lovely jubbly.

And don't forget folks, all without Zimmermann, Onel, Dowell, Quintilla....🙂

You forgot Byram and of course the suspended Idah.

Farke really positive in the post match interview, saying we don’t yet have enough points to be sure we can avoid relegation. 😂

Edited by Nuff Said

Excellent performances all over the pitch. Hanley was immense at times, but lapses at CB are always so dangerous.

We need something, or someone, to make our defence dominate, especially from set pieces. A PL team would have scored a hatful against us today, & if we do go up we really, really need to address the problem, which has been going on forever

Best performance of 2020, easily. Probably since we last got promoted. The team looked balanced, pressed well and played really good flowing football. I think Marco had a big influence on that. Also a mention to Skipp, who was understated but excellent in the anchor role today. 

Edited by Robornio
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gordon Bennett said:

Don’t understand why people keep going on about zonal marking, it’s highly unlikely the manager will change it after three and a bit seasons.

And as someone, probably BYG or Parma, pointed out, pretty much every PL team plays a kind of zonal game. That’s not to say we can’t do it better.

31 minutes ago, ron obvious said:

Excellent performances all over the pitch. Hanley was immense at times, but lapses at CB are always so dangerous.

We need something, or someone, to make our defence dominate, especially from set pieces. A PL team would have scored a hatful against us today, & if we do go up we really, really need to address the problem, which has been going on forever

The last excellent defensive pairing we had for me was Watson & Bruce. They were immense. I realise we have had decent pairings over the years but nothing like those two.

Agree too about set pieces. I'm very nervous too and Goodman's comment was spot on.

39 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

You forgot Byram and of course the suspended Idah.

Yes of course!

1 hour ago, sonyc said:

Skipp's best match for me so far. Was everywhere, did the dirty stuff and had great energy. He must now know he made the right choice in coming to a club serious about playing good football and wanting to get back to the PL.

Hmm. Looked like he was a little bit asleep on their goal and he didn't do enough to stop Martin getting that shot away which hit the post.

I love the commentary for when Martin's shot hit the post: " And Krul was nowhere near it" just as Krul's fingers are displaced by the ball and it then goes onto the post. Reminds me of the save Vorm made when when we beat Swansea away 4-2 or 3. 

Excellent performance. Best in a long time. Big 3 points away at a team that are pretty handy and should be in and around the top 6 at the end of the season.

Great to see Stiepi, Emi and Pukki back on form. 3 really good goals too.

Sorensen looks a decent footballer.

Hanley and Gibson were excellent today aside from the goal. Im quick to criticise Hanley when he gets it wrong - only right that I am just as quick to recognise it when he's been good.

Edited by kick it off
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, kick it off said:

only right that I am just as quick to recognise it when he's been good.

You're not from 'round 'ere are you? 😇😉👍

• Like 1