Sign in to follow this  
Rudolph Hucker

How to make or break Worthington

Simple, give him little or no money and see what he can do.

He will either sink or swim and it certainly brings out the best in some...take Dave Jones at Cardiff for example.

Let''s see some management ''in the raw'' without money to throw at the problems.

Yep, dear old ''no spend Cardiff'' have done well.

9 new players signed, £750,000 and wage bills for another 4 playerson loan - Koumas. Scimeca, Ricketts. and Loovens.

With two of the later being from the Premiership I doubt their wages were small. Neither would the other nine who came from Premiership and Championship clubs(bar one) and Rangers and Parma.

So no spend there then

ps sorry to spoil a good story with facts

[quote user="MadDan"]Yep, dear old ''no spend Cardiff'' have done well.

9 new players signed, £750,000 and wage bills for another 4 playerson loan - Koumas. Scimeca, Ricketts. and Loovens.

With two of the later being from the Premiership I doubt their wages were small. Neither would the other nine who came from Premiership and Championship clubs(bar one) and Rangers and Parma.

So no spend there then

ps sorry to spoil a good story with facts[/quote]would imagine jones got them on the cheap.  i bet city''s wage bill would make jone''s eyes water & be very envious.

[quote user="MadDan"]Yep, dear old ''no spend Cardiff'' have done well. 9 new players signed, £750,000 and wage bills for another 4 playerson loan - Koumas. Scimeca, Ricketts. and Loovens. With two of the later being from the Premiership I doubt their wages were small. Neither would the other nine who came from Premiership and Championship clubs(bar one) and Rangers and Parma. So no spend there then ps sorry to spoil a good story with facts[/quote]

yep he spent very little and has taken pre season relegation favorites up two 7th in the league. I notice this never came out of cardiff: "Jason Koumas is not the sort of player Nigel wants at the club" - Neil Doncaster I see no Jason Jarretts (rumoured to be on 8,000 a week!!!!) in that mix nor do i see the 1 million midfield pairing of Etuhu and Hughes.