Sign in to follow this  
Well b back

If only we were Burnley

That'll be another club established in the PL. Must be nearly 50 of them now....

Edited by nutty nigel
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Farnell...

Poor Burnley. 

Haha, I was just looking at his recent record. 😲🥴

3 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Farnell...

Poor Burnley. 

That was where I was looking.

As a Burnley fan your heart must be saying bring on the cash, Your head must be saying omg this could end in disaster.

40 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Wonder what Burnley fans think of this ? Plenty of cash or a car crash waiting to happen.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54723696

“The Cheshire-based lawyer was handed a ban after issues arose during an attempt to buy Charlton earlier this year.

Farnell subsequently appealed against the decision and the ban was withdrawn, although he did serve a five-week disqualification period which ended on 14 September.“

Five weeks? What the fork is the point of that? That’s like a 15 minute driving ban.

6 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Take the pi$$ all you want out out of them but they haven’t been one season wonders and haven been relegated just yet. 

They can take the **** all they want. We had countless prem seasons, parachute payments and high profile sales and nearly went into administration ourselves.

I wouldn’t want this dodgy guy in charge of us, but the way any thoughts of a takeover and the usual crew are on here straight away, it’s sad and shows that they won’t ever be ambitious.

I'd like to know what actually makes a pink un poster ambitious?

How is it measured?

Is it even measurable by actions?

Or maybe ranting like a spoiled kid is the reality of pink un ambition?

2 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

How is it measured?

Surely every pink Un posters ambition is to be an accepted member of the elite  inner circle. 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Surely every pink Un posters ambition is to be an accepted member of the elite  inner circle. 

The elite inner circle is pretty much the pink un boards  premier big six . I certainly do not want to be accepted!🤔

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Take the pi$$ all you want out out of them but they haven’t been one season wonders and haven been relegated just yet. 

Neither were we a few years ago. But it doesn't tend to last.

16 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Interesting.

burnley had a single season in the premier league during 09/10 then again in 14/15.

you could argue when it comes to how our club is run we are not all that different to Burnley, only a few seasons behind. Interesting to see where they go from here, Dyche has made numerous comments in the past few years lamenting finances both within his own club and the knock on effect of other teams heavy spending. Eventually it comes to a point where teams like Burnley are spending all they can, the best they can hope for is to hold on to premier league status each year while hoping for a year in Europe every now and then. Eventually they will be relegated.

14 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Neither were we a few years ago. But it doesn't tend to last.

It doesn't but Burnley have made it last longer than we have but have done it with similar financial limitations. 

It does seem though that they've hit something of a glass ceiling.

Sean Dyche might now get his cash for transfers, but he won't be in the job long once the new owners come in.

7 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

How is it measured?

Don’t you worry yourself, everything’s rosey in your world! 

5 hours ago, Justin time said:

The elite inner circle is pretty much the pink un boards  premier big six . I certainly do not want to be accepted!🤔

Yes I think it’s time they formed a super forum! Elite a Forum for only the inner circle from the best Forums in Europe......then the rest of us can get back to real football talk! 💚💛😂

Edited by Indy

9 minutes ago, Indy said:

Yes I think it’s time they formed a super forum! Elite a Forum for only the inner circle from the best Forums in Europe......then the rest of us can get back to real football talk! 💚💛😂

Who the dickens are the elite forum members? 

11 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Who the dickens are the elite forum members? 

Has to be top 6 with most posts!

23 hours ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Why can't we have a stinking rich owner with a history of being banned from owning football clubs?

It was a 5 week ban because he forgot to tick a box saying that he'd been involved in the process of trying to buy a football club before (it was Charlton, in the summer).

Hardly failing the fit and proper person test. 

5 hours ago, YellowYawner said:

Interesting.

burnley had a single season in the premier league during 09/10 then again in 14/15.

you could argue when it comes to how our club is run we are not all that different to Burnley, only a few seasons behind. Interesting to see where they go from here, Dyche has made numerous comments in the past few years lamenting finances both within his own club and the knock on effect of other teams heavy spending. Eventually it comes to a point where teams like Burnley are spending all they can, the best they can hope for is to hold on to premier league status each year while hoping for a year in Europe every now and then. Eventually they will be relegated.

They had £40m in cash reserves / surplus cash in April, with no debt.

So fans may question why Dyche hasn't been backed with the money to sign a player or two like he asked. 

1 hour ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

Don’t you worry yourself, everything’s rosey in your world! 

It'd be a rum old kettle of fish if it wasn't. This isn't a rehearsal as they say....

Unless there's an afterlife of course.

Do you think we could choose to be reincarnated in claret and blue?

Edited by nutty nigel