Sign in to follow this  
MadDan

Worrying times

for the headless chicken brigade. Not only do they have to post up numerous scurrilous rumours but they have to contend with the realisation that if the club does strengthen the squad it doesn''t suggest that Nigel is on his way in the immediate future.

Oh dear

[quote user="MadDan"]for the headless chicken brigade. Not only do they have to post up numerous scurrilous rumours but they have to contend with the realisation that if the club does strengthen the squad it doesn''t suggest that Nigel is on his way in the immediate future. Oh dear[/quote]

36 hours and ticking....

Oh dear indeed. 

Without getting into my opinion on Worthy it''s quite funny that despite his "poor" record in the transfer market people seem to be desperate for him to sign players. 

I don''t really see the point to be honest because even if he signed the likes of Koumas, Halford et all that the majority seem to want, if none of them score a hatrick on their debut they will be yet more "poor" Worthy signings.

[quote user="Saint Canary"]

Oh dear indeed. 

Without getting into my opinion on Worthy it''s quite funny that despite his "poor" record in the transfer market people seem to be desperate for him to sign players. 

I don''t really see the point to be honest because even if he signed the likes of Koumas, Halford et all that the majority seem to want, if none of them score a hatrick on their debut they will be yet more "poor" Worthy signings.

[/quote]

disagree entirely, if they play poorly it would be due to poor management....  Not that they are bad players (cos they arent).

I am quite happy to judge Mr Worthington at the end of the season. I know that this will disappoint those with a "little Norwich" mentality but at the start of the season I was expecting a top six finish, so for me anything less will be a failure/backward step. I am working on the assumption that we will not be relegated this season so I will be looking for signings that show a commitment to "consolidation" this season with a view to a top six finish in 2006/2007. If things do not look to have improved at the beginning of next season then I hope that the Board has the "bottle" to do something about it...after all prudence with ambition. So Mad Dan sorry for daring to be slightly critical of the current regime, but two questions for you....do you view me as a "headless chicken" ? and how bad do things have to get at NCFC before you to become concerned ?

" .do you view me as a "headless chicken "

Hard to say on one post, though you don''t appear to have felt the need to " post up numerous scurrilous rumours ".

As to NCFC there''s always things to be concerned about. Whether me becoming concerned about their concerns is going to help NCFC is a mute point.

What doesn''t help is joining forces with the binmen and filling this board up with lies, misinformation and slander. If challenging those lies, misinformation and slander makes me pro the club then so be it.

Mad Dan looks like I have got you wrong then, from your post (the "contend with the fact" bit rather than the "rumours" bit) I thought that you were one of those posters that liked to have a go at anybody who dares to speak out against the club and would quite happily see us chug along as a very average Chamionship team for the rest of our existence.

[quote user="MadDan"]" .do you view me as a "headless chicken " Hard to say on one post, though you don''t appear to have felt the need to " post up numerous scurrilous rumours ". As to NCFC there''s always things to be concerned about. Whether me becoming concerned about their concerns is going to help NCFC is a mute point. What doesn''t help is joining forces with the binmen and filling this board up with lies, misinformation and slander. If challenging those lies, misinformation and slander makes me pro the club then so be it.[/quote]

Still struggling to tell what are the scurrolous rumours and what is the truth eh maddan [:S]...  it is a struggle isnt it [|-)]

Paul, for a season and a half everbody wanted Worthy to sign Etuhu, now he has signed people (including your good self) are saying he is rubbish and he is a "poor" Worthy signing.  Are you suggesting that you were wrong about him being rubbish and it is now merely a case of poor management by Worthy?

Funny how people don''t learn isn''t it.  At the start of year the general opinion was that the Doc was the worst player at the club and should be sold because he had a bad start as a City player, now look at him he is favourite for player of the season!  Has it really got to the point where we can''t even allow Etuhu a few months to settle in?  It''s not as if he joined a team full of confidence.

Seriously Paul, if players like Halford sign and don''t instantly live up to the fans high expectations it will take as little as five games for him to become a "poor" signing.

Do you know MadDan, I honestly believe there are more posts from you and your ilk with such accusations than there are posts from others containing lies and slander. That''s the lie that needs some amount of suppression in the interest of a more enjoyable message board.

I''m a headless chicken! So therefore MadDan must be a ''clawless turkey!''

Insults and bitchin''.........I luvs it! "G''URN MadDan, GIVE US ''ELL!"

Anyway I digress........I''m trying to base my mood and emotions regarding the present situation, on what I went through during the most recent of the club''s turbulent times, when ''Robber Chase'' was the man at the ''HELL''m''. It was frustrating for me - because the squad were doing well, we had put the good name of NCFC on the European Atlas; after credible performances agaist Bayern and Inter and, we were playing excellent football in the Skypublicising Premiership. Well, we all know what happened next.......so life went on. I was so depressed after our fall from grace, and the rumours of us being close to financial ruin coupled with the dismantling of the side and rapid sale of our reinforcements - who had barely laced their boots before being sold to keep the ''Banky Bailiffs at bay!'' I thought where does it go from here?........

It happened, it''s history, and yet I still followed the club - even with 10.000 attendances and the managerial turnovers;  going through Deehan, Megson, "Martin ''whoosh he''s gone!'' O Neill", Walker (2nd), ''Bruce "Please board, can I have some more?" Rioch'', Ha, Ha, Hamilton and now Nigel.

I was cautious when Nigel was appointed, but he kept us up, and then we cretainly enjoyed the play-offs and promotion. Once again, the sadness of relegation reared it''s unsympathetic head! It''s happened, it''s history, but are we planning for the future? Well the ground has developed, and I am proud of the structure and the facilities, I know Colney is a selling point to prospective additions to the squad! But are we looking further forward with the playing staff? To be perfectally honest - I don''t think so. We should be looking at nurturing home grown talent as well as recruiting outsiders......Well, is it worrying times? Not as worrying as certain depressing moments in the last decade. I''m apprehensive and uncertain, and a tadge worried! But where do we go from here? ;~)

MadDan, although I don''t entirely see ''beak to beak'' with your posts (probably because I''m a chicken with no head!) I really enjoy your contribution, and therefore keep it up you ''miserable clawless turkey!'' And you''re certainly not ''Bootiful!'' regards "Silly Yello!''......       

[quote user="petiepots"]Oh yeah because "everyone" wanted worthy to sign Etuhu[/quote]

Ok maybe not everyone but there was certainly a majority who wanted him and said he was a good signing when we first got him on loan.

Paul, for a season and a half everbody wanted Worthy to sign Etuhu, now he has signed people (including your good self) are saying he is rubbish and he is a "poor" Worthy signing.  Are you suggesting that you were wrong about him being rubbish and it is now merely a case of poor management by Worthy?

Funny how people don''t learn isn''t it.  At the start of year the general opinion was that the Doc was the worst player at the club and should be sold because he had a bad start as a City player, now look at him he is favourite for player of the season!  Has it really got to the point where we can''t even allow Etuhu a few months to settle in?  It''s not as if he joined a team full of confidence.

Seriously Paul, if players like Halford sign and don''t instantly live up to the fans high expectations it will take as little as five games for him to become a "poor" signing.

[/quote]

OK Etuhu, I thought he would be a good signing, once he signed on loan and played I got worried big and athletic he may be but football ability wasnt in evidence, nor was motivation, for someone on loan that is VERY worrying.  so I looked at preston message boards, what did they say, even from over a year ago the fans are whining about etuhu, when he is going to start playing, why he has only 1 good game in 20, why is he always strolling, how many chances does he need, when is he going to play well, dickson ebooboo etc etc etc 

''but he just jogs around like a huge tower of apathy every time he plays.'' http://www.pne-online.co.uk/forum/printthread.php?t=7203&page=3&pp=10 from january last year

in fact exactly what our fans are already saying!!!  with many saying he has potential..  apparantly they have been having these threads for 2 and a half years about Etuhu.

As you realise us fans get very limited exposure to other teams players (esp outside the prem).  The reports from Preston fans were bad, our scouts were fooled, and Etuhu it seems is all about looking like viera and hype.  I do hope he comes good however.

As for the Doc, to sign him as a PREMIERSHIP CENTRE BACK as he was signed for, was a very poor decision, reports were bad from tottenham, maybe he has found his level.  I have no doubt he would struggle again in the prem as he gets away with a lot in the championship.

As for Koumas and Halford, totally different, it may say he is lazy, brittle, bad attitude but an exceptional player koumas is and his record proves this.  Halford is only down the road so reports come back about how good he is.  They would not be bad signings. 

Halford is only down the road so reports come back about how good he is.  They would not be bad signings.

The reports suggest that he is a good player, at a lower level and you cannot be certain he would cut it at a higher level, you are merely assuming.  The big question is Paul and I don''t just mean you IF he did sign and had a bad start, how long would it take before the fans got on his back? 5 - 10 games.

I disagree about the Doc, had he been played at the right side of a central defensive partnership with either Charlie or Shackell he would have looked much more capable.

Halford is only down the road so reports come back about how good he is.  They would not be bad signings.

The reports suggest that he is a good player, at a lower level and you cannot be certain he would cut it at a higher level, you are merely assuming.  The big question is Paul and I don''t just mean you IF he did sign and had a bad start, how long would it take before the fans got on his back? 5 - 10 games.

I disagree about the Doc, had he been played at the right side of a central defensive partnership with either Charlie or Shackell he would have looked much more capable.

[/quote]

I agree, but only because of the way we are playing at the moment - also it depends how bad he was and whether he was trying.

The player I feel most sorry for at the moment is not Andy hughes, JJ or Etuhu, it is Jurgen Colin, the boy may have a great future ahead of him at norwich but from a decent start, to obviously not being used to playing so many games, he is now given NO cover these last few games and been given a right royal run around by attackers.  this was no more obvious than the preston game when they targetted his position with 2 players and he had no help from the midfield. His confidence has been destroyed and did it show against watford where he was woeful, nothing like how he was playing earlier in the season (when it seemed he had been ordered not to cross the half way line). 

Whos fault is that??