kirku

Delia calling for fans' return

33 minutes ago, CanaryNath said:

FFS - stop spreading lies. 

flu and COVID are NOT caused by the same type of virus.  

Sorry matey but Covid-19 is a flu type virus? I suggest you do your homework?

Influenza (the flu) and COVID-19, the illness caused by the pandemic coronavirus, are both contagious respiratory illnesses, meaning they affect your lungs and breathing, and can be spread to others. Although the symptoms of COVID-19 and the flu can look similar, the two illnesses are caused by different viruses.

Just the same as Asian flu is a different virus from Bird Flu, which is different from Covid-19 they are flu type bugs, just as the common cold is!

ill wait for your apology should  I Doctor!

What the hell are you talking about? 😂😂😂

I am fully aware they are not caused by the same virus. It is you that said they were in your previous post. 

Yes, they are both respiratory illnesses and share similar symptoms. But they are not caused by the same viral body and are not equally severe in their consequences. 

in any case - back to the original point of the thread......

yes, Delia’s comments were ill-timed and Mia-judged. Would love to know who she spoke to you about this before releasing. 🤦🏼‍♂️

Edited by CanaryNath

17 minutes ago, CanaryNath said:

I am fully aware they are not caused by the same virus. It is you that said they were in your previous post. 

Yes, they are both respiratory illnesses and share similar symptoms. But they are not caused by the same viral body and are not equally severe in their consequences. 

yes, Delia’s comments were ill-timed and Mia-judged. Would love to know who she spoke to you about this before releasing. 🤦🏼‍♂️

The thing that makes this type of virus different and more dangerous than the aforementioned strains of flu type virus is that humans have previously had exposure to similar strains as bird flu/swine flu etc and as such our immune systems had some kind of idea as to how to overcome them. Covid-19 is completely different and new so we are having a much harder time fighting it.

19 hours ago, Surfer said:

A thousand cases a day you say? Try USA with 90,000 yet we have (both indoor and outdoor) stadiums open at 25% capacity in several States. Whether you agree with that or not, there has been no data that shows any outbreaks related to that activity, whereas there is from (outdoor) political rallies - one major difference: distance. No distance at all at the rallies and six ft at sports stadia. 

I don't think we should be holding up America as an example of good practice when it comes to managing coronavirus, their deaths per 1m population overtook ours some time ago and the gap is widening. 

• Like 1

So when even Boris is about to shut the country down again our clown of an owner is wanting fans back in the stadium.

Yet another Delia balls up

3 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

So when even Boris is about to shut the country down again our clown of an owner is wanting fans back in the stadium.

Ha, balls up. It's funny because its a football related rude pun.

I'll give you credit for that 

2 hours ago, CanaryNath said:

I suggest you re- read the post before commenting. I stated:

Influenza (the flu) and COVID-19, the illness caused by the pandemic coronavirus, are both contagious respiratory illnesses, meaning they affect your lungs and breathing, and can be spread to others. Although the symptoms of COVID-19 and the flu can look similar, the two illnesses are caused by different viruses.

Errrrrr!

still waiting for the apology doctor!

As we sit here waiting (and waiting some more) for the government press conference:

Edited by Nuff Said

7 hours ago, Uncle Fred said:

Just shown herself up to be a clueless old celeb living in a little bubble. 

Surely the board should agree on statements like this going out, wonder whether she asked for a vote or is a loose cannon? 

• Like 1

I do wish people would give it a rest in having a go at Delia, twisting what she is saying and/or insulting her in the process, as TVB has just done and as others have done.

She had two messages and both were quite relevant and fitting -

1) There was a real stupidity in the way fans could sit indoors and watch games, but not outside in the fresh air - and it is qute right that she challenged that. 

2) After that her comments are about football across the board, from grass roots upwards  and if you actually listen to her words, she is talking much more about the importance of football clubs and their worth to society and what would happen if clubs go to the wall. 

Try listening, try understanding what is said, which was actually quite sensible.....

........and keep it respectful.

• Like 3

I am sorry Lakey but anybody could see that the country has been heading towards a second lockdown for several weeks now and no matter your views on Boris he has been consumed by the pandemic resulting in tonight's news so for Delia to go public on TV the other night and then write to him signing off with that P.S. asking if he would like tickets was so far removed from sensible in the current climate.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, lake district canary said:

I do wish people would give it a rest in having a go at Delia, twisting what she is saying and/or insulting her in the process, as TVB has just done and as others have done.

She had two messages and both were quite relevant and fitting -

1) There was a real stupidity in the way fans could sit indoors and watch games, but not outside in the fresh air - and it is qute right that she challenged that. 

2) After that her comments are about football across the board, from grass roots upwards  and if you actually listen to her words, she is talking much more about the importance of football clubs and their worth to society and what would happen if clubs go to the wall. 

Try listening, try understanding what is said, which was actually quite sensible.....

........and keep it respectful.

I stand by every word.

It was patently obvious that the country was on the verge of crisis point again, many hospitals in the North are almost full, calling for a return to stadiums at this point in time showed how out of touch she is. 

I didn't need to 'twist' anything, and from Thursday sitting indoors won't be allowed either... And the whole country could see that it was about to happen, apart from a few ostriches, because we saw countries across the continent going back into lockdown.

Her public statements are a PR disaster, the timing was atrocious. 

We are both posters who divide opinion and who are known to get on the wrong side of the general consensus, but on this one I'm very confident that my view is more in tune with the wider opinion of the fans. 

I just hope this is Delia having a silly moment, if it was coordinated from within the club then the communications team needs a reshuffle. 

Ps. You are the one twisting this by adding/imagining the grassroots nonsense, non-league teams have had fans at games for ages, you'd know that if you weren't an ostrich. Now don't tell me that Norwich should be allowed 8000 because Leek Town are allowed 300, consider the impact on the safety of public transport. We already know that help out to eat out has been a major factor in fuelling the second wave, so what would 8000 people in pubs near the ground do? Leek Town can flog cups of tea from a hut, what do Norwich do when 1200 people in the lower Barclay all want a pee and a pint in the same 15 minutes? 

People are going to dying at a rate of 800-1000 a day again within 3 weeks, those are the people catching coronavirus on the days Delia was making those statements. At the current rate of infection just over a weeks worth (8/9 days) of people catching coronavirus now will lead in a few weeks time to enough people dying to match our agreed 8000 person capacity.... In 8/9 days. 

They are predicting 80000 dead this winter, ten times the number Delia wants in Carrow Road, or Carrow Road completely full three times. The boat has been missed for a return of fans to professional football, try spring.

THAT is what you should care about, 80000 anticipated deaths, not whether your ifollow stream would sound a bit better with some real fan noise. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 30/10/2020 at 11:15, TeemuVanBasten said:

Lets break this down shall we....

In tier 3 and 4 pubs are closed, unless they double as family restaurants like Wetherspoons. If you think that a restaurant will let you hog a table for 11 hours you are living in another world, particularly somebody like Tim Martin who will want to be churning the tables over as quickly as possible, in fact their app currently asks you state how long you intend to sit on the table and 11 hours is not an option, I know that because I ate there yesterday. Most food pubs are putting time limits of 1.5 or 2 hours per table in their company policy.

Yes, people need food to survive, there isn't the capacity for everybody to order every food shop for home delivery. In some parts of the country they have 4 week waits again, and some people aren't computer literate. Eating isn't optional.

Its not ridiculous when you realise, as Nutty Nigel correctly pointed out, that these thousands of fans will be piling onto public transport (so they can have a few pints) to sit near people who have no choice but to use that public transport for essential activities like work (including NHS workers) or to access essential services like doctors/dentists/to buy food.

Remember that Delia isn't just advocating a return to football in Tier 1 areas, and limiting tickets to those who live in Tier 1 areas, she's advocating a return to football in places which are seeing hospitals fill up and hundreds dying too. 

It would also encourage people to travel outside of their areas, and that could mean people bringing coronavirus from a town with a bigger problem into Norwich. I'd rather be sitting in a pub with people who all live in a Tier 1 area than suddenly have to mix with people from Tier 2 and 3 areas as well. It would be extremely hard to police this when distributing tickets, and remember that Tier 1 people may still be expected to travel to Tier 3 areas for work during the week and then be sitting near you having a pre-match pint on the Saturday (or indeed, on a Tuesday night, having been to a tier 3 area on the same day).

Fans at football is a bad idea at this moment in time, the alarming data alone shows that - do you study the data? 

Fans at football when the cases dies down again, presumably when winter is over, is something more worthy of support. When case nationwide are below 1000 daily again like they were in the summer.... no problem, lets do it.

Delia's timing is atrocious, just makes it look like she's got her head buried firmly in the sand. 

Firstly, my post wasn’t timed the best and I’m happy to say that - I wasn’t aware at the time of national lockdowns about to be brought into place in France etc as quite frankly I’m sick and tired of hearing about it every single day. However a couple of things :-

1.) I don’t think people will sit in at restaurants for 11 hours straight at all. I *never* said that - who on earth stays at a restaurant for 11 hours straight other than the proprietor?!? So you can cut that ‘head in the sand’ bullshoite out, Teemu.

Pubs on the other hand are another matter, and yes, many people do spend hour upon hour every day in these places - that is a fact unless your head is in the sand of course.

And 2.) My point about supermarkets was never about that they should be closed - how ridiculous. However, I don’t, and still don’t think, that as one of the very main places where people mix, safety standards are what they should be at all, and so I saw no reason why we couldn’t have *had* some fans back in the stands if we were happy to have such numbers of people at any one time in supermarkets with what I consider not the safest of systems. For instance, yesterday I was in Morrisons and people had to use their hands to scoop up veg from the trays there - talk about instant transmission. How is that even allowed?

No, I don’t study the data, and no I don’t dress like Alan Partridge either. 

As I say, badly timed from myself as I didn’t realise until a day or two ago quite how severe the numbers were, happy to concede that. However, we’re not all bullet proof from making completely stupid ideas - look how many wanted Farke out immediately at the time of your poll.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Alex Moss said:

Firstly, my post wasn’t timed the best and I’m happy to say that - I wasn’t aware at the time of national lockdowns about to be brought into place in France etc as quite frankly I’m sick and tired of hearing about it every single day. However a couple of things :-

1.) I don’t think people will sit in at restaurants for 11 hours straight at all. I *never* said that - who on earth stays at a restaurant for 11 hours straight other than the proprietor?!? So you can cut that ‘head in the sand’ bullshoite out, Teemu.

Pubs on the other hand are another matter, and yes, many people do spend hour upon hour every day in these places - that is a fact unless your head is in the sand of course.

And 2.) My point about supermarkets was never about that they should be closed - how ridiculous. However, I don’t, and still don’t think, that as one of the very main places where people mix, safety standards are what they should be at all, and so I saw no reason why we couldn’t have *had* some fans back in the stands if we were happy to have such numbers of people at any one time in supermarkets with what I consider not the safest of systems. For instance, yesterday I was in Morrisons and people had to use their hands to scoop up veg from the trays there - talk about instant transmission. How is that even allowed?

No, I don’t study the data, and no I don’t dress like Alan Partridge either. 

As I say, badly timed from myself as I didn’t realise until a day or two ago quite how severe the numbers were, happy to concede that. However, we’re not all bullet proof from making completely stupid ideas - look how many wanted Farke out immediately at the time of your poll.

Yeah fair enough.

Well hopefully we'll be allowed back in limited numbers in spring, in time to see us seal promotion. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Yeah fair enough.

Well hopefully we'll be allowed back in limited numbers in spring, in time to see us seal promotion. 

That’s all I want mate. I can see the frustration on this message board from us supporters that all want to get back to being in the ground. It’s incredibly frustrating. But I do respect that things have taken a significant turn this week, so as it stands, it’s just not feasible to get us back in anytime soon cheering the lads on. Fortunately I think we have the class to get us back to where we belong regardless of this, and that’s the important thing 👍

On 31/10/2020 at 08:20, City 2nd said:

Why indeed? Are NCFC in financial trouble themselves? Extraordinary that Delia Smith and the club make stupid statements when pandemic figures are worsening daily! 

And for those who do not think Covid-19 is a flu virus - it is! But a far more serious one than type A, Bird and Asian flu! Yes the latter caused deaths, but not on the scale of Covid, which attacks the vital organs of the body.

You stated here that COVID-19 is a flu virus. 

It isn’t.  

Edited by CanaryNath
  • Like 2

On 31/10/2020 at 20:15, TIL 1010 said:

I am sorry Lakey but anybody could see that the country has been heading towards a second lockdown for several weeks now and no matter your views on Boris he has been consumed by the pandemic resulting in tonight's news so for Delia to go public on TV the other night and then write to him signing off with that P.S. asking if he would like tickets was so far removed from sensible in the current climate.

I would add though, that what is screamingly obvious to anyone who pays attention to the science and medical experts, it appears is not quite that way with the PM and members of the Cabinet.

On 31/10/2020 at 09:15, City 2nd said:

Sorry matey but Covid-19 is a flu type virus? I suggest you do your homework?

Errmmm....

On 31/10/2020 at 08:20, City 2nd said:

And for those who do not think Covid-19 is a flu virus - it is! 

Hilarious.

Of course, Covid-19 is a Coronavirus, and Flu is an Influenza.

But you've contradicted yourself in less than an hour. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Errmmm....

Hilarious.

Of course, Covid-19 is a Coronavirus, and Flu is an Influenza.

But you've contradicted yourself in less than an hour. 

And somehow City 2nd wants an apology from me. 

hmmmmmmm. 

Edited by CanaryNath

Anyways...........

let’s hope that this second lockdown slows the numbers sufficiently, and that we can look to reintroduce limited numbers of fans after the winter.

On 01/11/2020 at 01:39, TeemuVanBasten said:

I stand by every word.

It was patently obvious that the country was on the verge of crisis point again, many hospitals in the North are almost full, calling for a return to stadiums at this point in time showed how out of touch she is. 

I didn't need to 'twist' anything, and from Thursday sitting indoors won't be allowed either... And the whole country could see that it was about to happen, apart from a few ostriches, because we saw countries across the continent going back into lockdown.

Her public statements are a PR disaster, the timing was atrocious. 

We are both posters who divide opinion and who are known to get on the wrong side of the general consensus, but on this one I'm very confident that my view is more in tune with the wider opinion of the fans. 

I just hope this is Delia having a silly moment, if it was coordinated from within the club then the communications team needs a reshuffle. 

Ps. You are the one twisting this by adding/imagining the grassroots nonsense, non-league teams have had fans at games for ages, you'd know that if you weren't an ostrich. Now don't tell me that Norwich should be allowed 8000 because Leek Town are allowed 300, consider the impact on the safety of public transport. We already know that help out to eat out has been a major factor in fuelling the second wave, so what would 8000 people in pubs near the ground do? Leek Town can flog cups of tea from a hut, what do Norwich do when 1200 people in the lower Barclay all want a pee and a pint in the same 15 minutes? 

People are going to dying at a rate of 800-1000 a day again within 3 weeks, those are the people catching coronavirus on the days Delia was making those statements. At the current rate of infection just over a weeks worth (8/9 days) of people catching coronavirus now will lead in a few weeks time to enough people dying to match our agreed 8000 person capacity.... In 8/9 days. 

They are predicting 80000 dead this winter, ten times the number Delia wants in Carrow Road, or Carrow Road completely full three times. The boat has been missed for a return of fans to professional football, try spring.

THAT is what you should care about, 80000 anticipated deaths, not whether your ifollow stream would sound a bit better with some real fan noise. 

Your post is so full of misinformation that it needs to be corrected. Firstly hospitals are not near crisis point. They are at normal capacity for the time of year when compared with previous years. It is also normal that hospital admissions increase during the winter months as flu cases increase. 

Flu cases have allegedly dropped by 98% this year being replaced by covid infections. I find this very hard to believe. Since the covid numbers are estimates and not actual numbers, and are being calculated by people self-reporting their symptoms, I suggest that a lot of the claimed covid infections are actually flu infections. Since the majority of infected with stay at home until recovered and go nowhere near a hospital we will never know for sure what they are actually suffering from. 

Also, please point me to the source of your claim that the eat out to help out was a major factor in fuelling the second wave. I have seen no study that supports this.

We also see that in the worst affected areas have already peaked and are now falling. Liverpool, the worst case and the first into tier 3, now has an infection rate of 50% of peak and an R below 1. The case for national lockdown is not there if you look at the science. 

Norwich City experimented with a partial opening up of the stadium and new infections have plateaued since. Deaths in Norfolk are less than one per day. Therefore the data proves that opening up Carrow Road on a limited basis is safe and Delia is correct to point this out. 

5 hours ago, Rock The Boat said:

Your post is so full of misinformation that it needs to be corrected. Firstly hospitals are not near crisis point. They are at normal capacity for the time of year when compared with previous years.

I'll take the word of people like Dr Oliver Zuzan, divisional medical director at the Royal Liverpool Hospital, over yours if that's ok. Unless you can provide evidence of credentials and status which might give me cause to think otherwise.He says:

"We are hanging by a thread, people are right to say that these are pressures that occur every winter, but this time it's just a lot worse. This is winter plus, plus, plus"

Several ICU units in Greater Manchester were already full two weeks ago. I think, really, that the quality of the first couple of lines of your post gives enough of an indication that it would be wise to skip the rest of it without comment - not wasting my time on covidiots. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

14 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I'll take the word of people like Dr Oliver Zuzan, divisional medical director at the Royal Liverpool Hospital, over yours if that's ok. Unless you can provide evidence of credentials and status which might give me cause to think otherwise.He says:

"We are hanging by a thread, people are right to say that these are pressures that occur every winter, but this time it's just a lot worse. This is winter plus, plus, plus"

Several ICU units in Greater Manchester were already full two weeks ago. I think, really, that the quality of the first couple of lines of your post gives enough of an indication that it would be wise to skip the rest of it without comment - not wasting my time on covidiots. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-54777741

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Instead of listening to these people who all have agendas, just do your own research and discover the facts. It's not that difficult to find. New cases in Liverpool are 50% of the peak level over two weeks ago and falling on a daily basis. The total number of cases of respitory illnesses nationally (that is Covid plus Influenza) are currently no higher than previous years - for the time of year. That is to say, respitory illnesses naturally increase in winter months and this years numbers are no different (there is no excess) to other years.

Deaths are at a fraction of the levels in April/May due to better treatment levels.

We now understand that the virus is quickly diffused in the outdoors. If you want evidence then consider that the beaches of Norfolk were packed with tourists yet right through the whole of the summer, new cases were flatlining and deaths were zero, nil, none, nothing, 0 

There was no spike in new infections or deaths after the opening up of Carrow road to socially distanced fans. It was proven to be safe then, it is safe now. 

Hospital intensive care is no busier than normal for the majority of trusts, leaked documents show, raising more questions about whether a national lockdown is justifiable.

An update from the NHS Secondary Uses Services (SUS) seen by the Telegraph shows that capacity is tracking as normal in October with the usual numbers of beds available that would be expected at this time of year - even without extra surge capacity. 

An NHS source said: “As you can see, our current position in October is exactly where we have been over the last five years.”

The new data shows that even in the peak in April, critical care beds were never more than 80 per cent full. 

Although there has been a reduction in surge capacity since the first wave, with the closure of the emergency Nightingale Hospitals, there is still 15 per cent spare capacity across the country - which is fairly normal for this time of year.

The documents show there were 9,138 patients in hospital in England as of 8am on November 2, although had since fallen to 9,077. 

It means Covid-19 patients are accounting for around 10 per cent of general and acute beds in hospitals. But there are still more than 13,000 beds available.

In critical care, around 18 per cent of beds are still unoccupied, although it varies between regions. 

But even in the worst affected areas such as North West, only 92.9 per cent of critical care beds are currently occupied. 

care bed.JPG

Where you see from April to October 2020 the line is much lower than normal, this is all the missed operations for cancer, cardiac problems, strokes and so on that were missed due to cancelled operations. I suspect many thousands have died unnecessarily due to covid fear-mongering.

Edited by Rock The Boat

The DailyTelegraph reported recently that hospitals were “eerily quiet” and “literally half empty.” If you work in acute general hospitals it’s hard to read this stuff and not get upset. Members of the public then engage in frustration with doctors, asking us to explain or defend this fake news.

9 minutes ago, Well b back said:

The DailyTelegraph reported recently that hospitals were “eerily quiet” and “literally half empty.” If you work in acute general hospitals it’s hard to read this stuff and not get upset. Members of the public then engage in frustration with doctors, asking us to explain or defend this fake news.

Take up your complaint with the NHS secondary uses services, whatever that is.