Is anybody else just a teeny weeny bit curious as to whether he'd actually look half decent in this league, now that Rupp is suddenly looking like our best centre midfielder? 

• Like 1

Not really. Now that I've seen and heard his music videos, I just wanna smack his head against the goalpost

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Yes 100%. Think he would offer us something the others currently aren't. 

Think he was unfairly criticised for his performances in the restart, he was just as bad as the rest of them.

I think Hugill will prove useful in time, but he doesn't seem capable of beating an offside trap and that's probably one of Drmic's strengths, and his first touch leaves a bit to be desired - just curious as to whether Drmic would be better at the link up play. 

I do wonder though whether our attempts to shift him had more to do with how much we're paying him than it does his ability or attitude.

But even if that is the case, we're still paying him so may as well play him and see what happens.

I'm 50/50 on whether giving Drmic a go would be a disaster or a masterstroke, but I consider it worth a punt at this stage.

I'd hope he'd feel he had a point to prove.

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

Can't see it myself.  He had multiple chances to show his worth last season and literally never showed anything in front of goal where he ought to be good, scored a couple of tap ins I think, but little else.

I don't think Farke has any intention of playing him even with an injury crisis.

His attitude was shocking towards the end of last srason and I don't see why it would have changed. We've probably better options in U23s.

• Like 1

Give him a chance as he's on the payroll after all.

Might be a question of absence makes the heart etc., but he was brought in for a reason and that was to perform as a striker in the Premier League.

Neither him nor Hugill seem to be world beaters, or indeed capable of making the kind of impact that Toney has made at Brentford, but it would be nice to be proven wrong twice over.

There was clearly a good striker in Drmic, as evidenced by his spell at Nuremburg. Whether there still is one is another matter.

Are all clubs required to submit a squad list from which players can be picked until the January window? In theory, could Drmic & Leitner be picked if DF wanted to?

With the best will in the world, Hugill's technical ability is not (currently) on par with the quality of the rest of the team.    If it was - at his height and strength - he wouldn't be playing for us.

I don't think it can be questioned that Drmic has a higher level of technical ability than Hugill, but lacks the same physical presence.

However, were it not for the finances involved, Drmic would be starting ahead of Hugill for me. 

Hugill seems like a great character, but when I find myself praising a player's character, it's normally because I've realised that they can't seem to kick/control a football very well.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, paddycanary said:

Are all clubs required to submit a squad list from which players can be picked until the January window? In theory, could Drmic & Leitner be picked if DF wanted to?

They can be picked, it's different in the Championship. 

34 minutes ago, Orly said:

However, were it not for the finances involved, Drmic would be starting ahead of Hugill for me. 

Paying him the same whether we play him or not so may as well give him a shot, even if he doesn't pull up any trees be may score a goal or two that generates some interest in his services in January. 

Does this 'bomb squad' tactic ever actually work? Lambert tried it at Villa... Surely just puts other teams off when a senior player is sent to the U23s as it suggests attitude problems or poor relationships. 

Don't think we always do ourselves favours with what we make public. 

On 28/10/2020 at 08:03, lake district canary said:

Can't see it myself.  He had multiple chances to show his worth last season and literally never showed anything in front of goal where he ought to be good, scored a couple of tap ins I think, but little else.

Often we hear that players need settling in time. Did he really get any? 

He did score 2 tap-ins in Cup matches. How many of our other strikers have poached goals recently?

Who knows what he has got to offer but if we are paying such wages to a player in peak career in terms of age we should give him a fair chance to earn his place.

On 28/10/2020 at 13:14, Yellow Wal said:

Same old, same old ......................... the longer he doesn't play the better he will get!

You say that but last season it was Vrancic when he wasn't used for ages, and he's already won us 2 games this season.

Sometimes players are successfully brought back in from the cold, although admittedly I can't think of many Norwich examples... Chris Martin after being exiled to Luton is perhaps a decent one.  

Simon Lappin another. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

50 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Often we hear that players need settling in time. Did he really get any? 

He did score 2 tap-ins in Cup matches. How many of our other strikers have poached goals recently?

Who knows what he has got to offer but if we are paying such wages to a player in peak career in terms of age we should give him a fair chance to earn his place.

I think he was a bit unfortunate to miss large chunks of the first half of the season with injury when we were playing well and then coming into a side which was devoid of confidence in the second half. 

He did look out of his depth in that league but then so did Rupp, and so would Hugill. 

Has 1 more Norwich goal than Van Wolfswinkle doesn't he! 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

On 28/10/2020 at 14:14, TeemuVanBasten said:

Paying him the same whether we play him or not so may as well give him a shot, even if he doesn't pull up any trees be may score a goal or two that generates some interest in his services in January. 

Does this 'bomb squad' tactic ever actually work? Lambert tried it at Villa... Surely just puts other teams off when a senior player is sent to the U23s as it suggests attitude problems or poor relationships. 

Don't think we always do ourselves favours with what we make public. 

How do you know we're "paying him the same"? 

I strongly suspect that he has a structured pay package which may well include an appearance fee and/or additional bonuses based on playing a number of games. That may help to explain the reluctance to play him at all.

• Like 1

I think he could do a job at this level personally but the suggestions from his agent pre-season was that he didn't want to play in the Championship - no way Farke is going to let that attitude pass if true.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, hogesar said:

I think he could do a job at this level personally but the suggestions from his agent pre-season was that he didn't want to play in the Championship - no way Farke is going to let that attitude pass if true.

Wow.. did he? that would be slightly ironic.

Looks like the gaffer is making his wish come true in any case.

He hasn't shown a single flash of ability in any of the considerable gametime he was given, I guess training is the same otherwise he'd get a chance. OK, the team were struggling, but it was obvious the guy hasn't got it.

He can't do the basics right, I lost count of the amount of times we used him as an out-ball and his 'flick-on' headers went almost directly up, or in some cases slightly back the wrong way. His control is poor, and one-touch passing was dire, all over the place. Comparisons with Rupp are not valid, Rupp was getting himself in the right places and working hard even if his ability looked in doubt. 

It's also possible he has a big-time Charlie attitude and that has totally ruined any chance of him playing again. I'd personally prefer to play myself after 16 pints of ale and a carvery lunch. I cannot believe anyone who saw him play last year would want to see him on the pitch for Norwich again.

6 minutes ago, Thumbbass said:

He hasn't shown a single flash of ability in any of the considerable gametime he was given, I guess training is the same otherwise he'd get a chance. OK, the team were struggling, but it was obvious the guy hasn't got it.

He can't do the basics right, I lost count of the amount of times we used him as an out-ball and his 'flick-on' headers went almost directly up, or in some cases slightly back the wrong way. His control is poor, and one-touch passing was dire, all over the place. Comparisons with Rupp are not valid, Rupp was getting himself in the right places and working hard even if his ability looked in doubt. 

It's also possible he has a big-time Charlie attitude and that has totally ruined any chance of him playing again. I'd personally prefer to play myself after 16 pints of ale and a carvery lunch. I cannot believe anyone who saw him play last year would want to see him on the pitch for Norwich again.

Harsh, but may be some truth there.

You forgot his dead-ball kicking .... quite the worst I've ever seen, both with corners and free kicks.

Having said that, he was bought, by those in the know, to be a striker in the Premier League and he is on our payroll. None will know the nuances of the situation, but from where most of us sit, those two factors suggest that he should at least be given a try at Championship level.

However, he comes over as a bit of a poser just happy to take the dosh. So that might not work.

9 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I think he was a bit unfortunate to miss large chunks of the first half of the season with injury when we were playing well and then coming into a side which was devoid of confidence in the second half. 

He did look out of his depth in that league but then so did Rupp, and so would Hugill. 

Has 1 more Norwich goal than Van Wolfswinkle doesn't he! 

In competitive matches Drmic has scored 3 goals in less than 900 minutes on the pitch. Not great but better than RVBs 2 goals in nearly twice as many minutes. He looks more of a physical presence, he has scored tap ins, remember RVWs last minute miss against Man City.

7 minutes ago, essex canary said:

In competitive matches Drmic has scored 3 goals in less than 900 minutes on the pitch. Not great but better than RVBs 2 goals in nearly twice as many minutes. He looks more of a physical presence, he has scored tap ins, remember RVWs last minute miss against Man City.

I'm one of a very small group of people to have seen both of RvW's goals live, at Rotherham I was eating a pukka pie when he scored and almost choked on it. 

• Haha 1

On 27/10/2020 at 23:22, NFN FC said:

Not really. Now that I've seen and heard his music videos, I just wanna smack his head against the goalpost

This made me laugh a lot 🤣🤣🤣