Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Reading

36 minutes ago, sonyc said:

Funny how we all see a game. I've felt Reading have been stronger. That said, I cheered when Coventry scored as I want us to reduce the gap tomorrow lunchtime.

I agree Reading have been stronger, but they seem to be running on enthusiasm rather than ability.

4 minutes ago, ron obvious said:

I agree Reading have been stronger, but they seem to be running on enthusiasm rather than ability.

You always feel that Reading would come back...just like we used to be, they're on the hunt all the time. 

Edit: goal just gone in.

Coventry have held good shape but look very little threat upfront. Reading look more hungry.

Just to add, I think it's that hunger that is so important in a team. The difference between top two and top six? I haven't seen it in us yet for any kind of long period  this season but pray it happens from tomorrow.

Edited by sonyc

6 minutes ago, sonyc said:

Why did we send him on loan?!!!! What a powerful shot.

And i'm pretty sure he has a decent long throw on him, considering how bad we are at defending them it would have been useful to have when chasing a game, especially with hugil on the pitch

He should be scoring goals for us not for another championship club. I'm not sure I will ever understand this move

1 minute ago, overthebordercanary said:

And i'm pretty sure he has a decent long throw on him, considering how bad we are at defending them it would have been useful to have when chasing a game, especially with hugil on the pitch

Indeed he does. It was a weird loan I thought just before selling Jamal. More weird than Trybull.

2 minutes ago, sonyc said:

Indeed he does. It was a weird loan I thought just before selling Jamal. More weird than Trybull.

He did play against Luton in the cup, I didn't think he did that badly but obviously farke has seen something he doesn't like.

So, freak result or to be expected?  Is that a knock to Reading's confidence that brings them down to a normal level of not quite good enough?  Can we capitalise from now?  Let's hope so on both counts, but yet again that mantra of never taking anything for granted in the championship holds true.  

Masterful move loaning out McCallum.

He is now helping a team unlikely to be rivalling us for promotion take points off teams who probably will be (eg Reading) 😉

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, rock bus said:

He is now helping a team unlikely to be rivalling us for promotion take points off teams who probably will be (eg Reading) 😉

Exactly. While getting more experience.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, rock bus said:

Hadn't thought about it that way. But it's a positive and I will take that!

I don't think Reading will stay up there, at least going off xG. Keep Joao out of the game and I'm not sure what else they're really got.

hahah McCallum just when we need him the most smashes in a 30 yard screamer with his first touch of the ball BUT even more amusingly, "Wayne Rooney's" Derby slide into the bottom 3.

46 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Preston just whupped them 3-0 at the Madejski.

Looks like xG and the other stats don’t lie. Reading were overachieving.

23 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

Looks like xG and the other stats don’t lie. Reading were overachieving.

Seems to generally be a good rule of thumb and I think most people who saw the stats predicted a Reading fall away soon. Surely enough!

Oh dear. Well never mind. You have to to be a good team to lose three in a row and still be top of the league. 

Still have a soft spot for the Royals after watching Kerry Dixon tear up the Third Division at decrepit Elm Park.

Elm Park.jpg