Sign in to follow this  
Mullet

Not playing well but still 5th

For a team not setting the world a light and some dodgy individual performances we are 5th in the league with only Reading setting the pace.

If we can compete and get points from our close rivals away from home whilst playing badly and our two best players having a stinker i'll take that for now.

Much better than playing well and losing. It is starting to feel as though the only way is up

• Like 6

Please don't be positive. 

This is the pinkun forum. 

If you're going to start a thread please do so to attack one of the players. 

• Haha 4

14 minutes ago, Mullet said:

For a team not setting the world a light and some dodgy individual performances we are 5th in the league with only Reading setting the pace.

If we can compete and get points from our close rivals away from home whilst playing badly and our two best players having a stinker i'll take that for now.

Much better than playing well and losing. It is starting to feel as though the only way is up

And we have Drmic waiting in the wings, he's getting better as each game goes past.......

• Haha 3

Although picking up the points we have through what has been very average performances, the only worry I have is that we haven't really had a top performance yet. However I still hope we will put it all together soon, and tonight was a reasonably ok performance against one of the better sides in the division.

Hoping the group matures over the season like a good pink ‘un poster* and comes to be seen as a vintage team 

*whine

Edited by GenerationA47
comes to be
  • Haha 1

Now that the transfer speculation is out of the way and the squad has time to settle i am confident we will pick up our fair share of points. The defense looks better, though we are short on cover here, we are not banging in the goals, but given that we are letting in less this does not matter quite so much. We may yet have to dip into the transfer market when the window opens if we have realistic aspirations of promotion. I suppose my assessment of the start of the season is that there is not a lot to pick between the current top 8 teams. Reading have got off to a good start but it is along season and they can quite easily be pegged back. Teams will take points off each other on a regular basis underlined by Wycombes draw with Watford and near draw with us

Despite a dodgy defence making mistakes leading to goals we have conceded just the 7 goals, one a game not bad better than previous seasons under Farke.  Need forward thinking players to buck up their ideas.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, pete said:

Despite a dodgy defence making mistakes leading to goals we have conceded just the 7 goals, one a game not bad better than previous seasons under Farke.  Need forward thinking players to buck up their ideas.

And most of those goals scored against us were not really good or world class goals, most were down to individual error that I'm sure (replace hopeful here instead 😉) over time will be ironed out as the teams rust and hangover from last season fades and the team gels together better over time.

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

We’ve played nice football with the majority of possession in every game against some of the worst teams in the league with average results 

53 minutes ago, daly said:

We’ve played nice football with the majority of possession in every game against some of the worst teams in the league with average results 

Uh, we just got a point at Brentford away who almost gained promotion last season and who have one of the most inform clinical strikers in the leauge on their team, who I have no doubt will be one of the top scorers at the end of the season- Nevermind how most would also agree Brentford should finish top six this season

Getting a point their given how poorly against them is a fantastic thing

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

6 hours ago, daly said:

Exactly the sort of teams we struggled against for the last two years. We beat Man City but got doubled by Villa. We now seem to be able to win ugly, we just need to get a bit more clinical up front and we’ll be moving up. With the matches coming thick and fast, hopefully it’ll click soon.

Edited by Nuff Said