Sign in to follow this  
Thirsty Lizard

Daniel Farke - The Man with the Midas Touch!

Brings Idah on away at Huddersfield - Idah scores the winner!

Brings Placheta on at home to Preston - Placheta scores the equaliser!

Brings Vrancic on at home to Birmingham - Vrancic scores the winner!

Brings Vrancic on at home to Wycombe - Vrancic scores the winner!

Brings McLean on away to Brentford - McLeans scores the equaliser!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

For a manager who gets stick re. his substitutions, he's certainly had a pretty good old record this season.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Yeah but if he got the line up right he wouldn't need to. 😆

• Sad 1

Very good coach proving to be so yet again. Still see some snidy comments on here and social media praising how much better Brentfords coach is because they were winning etc.

Was funny to see some of our fans on twitter demanding Farke 'change something' - with those same fans having completely missed or not realised that we'd changed our entire base formation..

• Like 2

Funny how quiet this thread is when you think back to all the geniuses who were brilliant at making exactly the *right* substitutions - albeit once the game had finished of course 👏😂

Edited by Alex Moss
  • Like 1

Yep, he's changed things from the bench well this season- last night he was really proactive and made the changed to give players enough time to actually impact play. Nice to see.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

The thread title does fit perfectly to the tune of Goldfinger. Is that a chant I've missed?

He proved how good a manager he is in our title winning season - that wasn't done with a bankroll or a team of established performers and you don't win the league via luck...  

We're lucky to have him and I suspect some will only realise that once he's moved onto bigger and better things.  The crown jewels were 6 not 5 strong.  

• Like 2

16 hours ago, hogesar said:

Very good coach proving to be so yet again. Still see some snidy comments on here and social media praising how much better Brentfords coach is because they were winning etc.

Was funny to see some of our fans on twitter demanding Farke 'change something' - with those same fans having completely missed or not realised that we'd changed our entire base formation..

Have you seen him chew gum though? Don't think I ever want to see a NCFC manager showing such manners. Stinks of an attitude problem IMO.

• Haha 1

It may also suggest that in terms of attacking options, our squad is in better shape, even with the injuries we are carrying. At times last season you would look to the bench and feel a bit for Farke as we didn't really have a lot to throw on that could really change games due to the injuries to the likes of Hernandez.

He reflected on that in the summer and wanting more pace and creativity as an option on the bench. Sadly Dowell is out as is Hernandez. But even then, we still have Placheta and Martin who are worthy attacking options.

17 hours ago, hogesar said:

Not just our fans. The commentator on Sky didn't quite follow the change in formation. 

Pity he doesn’t go to a Help the Aged Charity Shop and get a decent coat

1 hour ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Not just our fans. The commentator on Sky didn't quite follow the change in formation. 

I don't think the commentator on Sky could have followed a Janet and John reading book.

44 minutes ago, daly said:

Like the Wycombe manager? He looked terrible, I don't know what's wrong with a traditional sheepskin coat.

malcolm-allison.jpg

1 hour ago, daly said:

And dont get me started on the hair!!!

2 hours ago, Nuff Said said:

Like the Wycombe manager? He looked terrible, I don't know what's wrong with a traditional sheepskin coat.

All New Funny Pics Thread - Clean Edition - Page 282 - Off Topic - VillaTalk

• Like 2

Mumba might not have scored today, but he was heavily involved in our winner and changed the course of the game when he came on. Another very positive substitution from Farke.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Mumba might not have scored today, but he was heavily involved in our winner and changed the course of the game when he came on. Another very positive substitution from Farke.

I loved the amount of Twitter posts screaming WHY IS FARKE BRINGING A DEFENDER ON FFS

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, hogesar said:

I loved the amount of Twitter posts screaming WHY IS FARKE BRINGING A DEFENDER ON FFS

In fairness, the subs did raise an eyebrow. But the lad was outstanding. Eager to see more of him in the team.

OTBC

6 minutes ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

In fairness, the subs did raise an eyebrow. But the lad was outstanding. Eager to see more of him in the team.

OTBC

To some maybe...

Shhhh

You'll upset the blinkered haters. 

You must suggest Farke is making bold or correct calls, it spoils the narrative. 

3 minutes ago, hogesar said:

To some maybe...

Indeed Hoggy!

Some posters on here never get anything wrong - ever.  It's amazing! 😉 I'm sure they would have brought on Mumba and Martin too! They are like little forum Jesus' spreading the good news of Farke's football love. In the name of the Farker, the Krul and the Holy Delia. 🙏

I get sh1t wrong all the time. Keep putting my bl00dy shorts on inside out for a start. Nightmare when I try and put anything in the pockets...

Mumba does look the business.

OTBC