Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I know some players take time to adjust and eventually come good.

But has anybody else looked at him and just wondered whether he's playing at the right level, and whether he might be better suited to League One, or a career in retail? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Harsh, he is game but raw.

Remember it has taken much better players than him a much longer period to acclimatise to the English leagues. It even took Thierry Henry 6-8 months (for reference I don’t think he is as good as Henry 😀).

He is also ina team that is finding its way and aren’t quite sure how to use him yet. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And in the least surprising development in the history of the universe up pops TVB having a go at one of our players. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not at all fair - he’s barely kicked a ball this season, give him a chance.  Buendia seems to be allowed to have several off games but Placheta has to be an immediate match-winner....?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hes still young and this is a new standard in both playing and coaching. His raw pace is dangerous and his crossing hasn't been bad.

He didn't get into the game today but he didn't get many opportunities- for all the crowing for Vrancic to play to sweep balls out wide we lacked cohesion as soon as Rupp went off and Vrancic didn't switch play much if at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This League is a big step up for Płacheta, Farke obviously likes him because he's playing rather than being sent out on loan like the others.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Didn't do much but to be fair I thought Sergi Canos was bloody awful and he's been playing in the league for years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Big O said:

Remember it has taken much better players than him a much longer period to acclimatise to the English leagues. It even took Thierry Henry 6-8 months (for reference I don’t think he is as good as Henry 😀).

That can't possibly be true, Henry scored 17 Premier League goals in 31 games in his first season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At least he managed to hold onto the ball. You need a good touch when playing against the better teams at this level - Hugill has reconfirmed today he is a "bull in a china shop" .

Sorensen is also better suited to employment involving wearing a colourful hat & uniform and asking "would you like fries with that order sir ?" For a defender he can't tackle, can't pass, can't run fast, no first touch, cant header, is easily knocked off the ball and has bad positional sense, stands around doing nothing ! The type of player that gives the opposition an extra player. We had too many of those today !

I know everybody is going to say " give him a chance - he hasn't had a run of games" but let's be honest - how many times do you need to look  - 100 times before coming back with the same verdict ?

With all the donkeys we had on the pitch  - It was actually a relief to see McLean come on !

Placheta for me still controlled and held onto ball. Was a lot better than others on the pitch.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Didn't do much but to be fair I thought Sergi Canos was bloody awful and he's been playing in the league for years.

True that, Brentford fans on their forum don't seem to rate him at all. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Six Pack said:

Sorensen is also better suited to employment involving wearing a colourful hat & uniform and asking "would you like fries with that order sir ?" For a defender he can't tackle, can't pass, can't run fast, no first touch, cant header, is easily knocked off the ball and has bad positional sense, stands around doing nothing ! The type of player that gives the opposition an extra player. We had too many of those today !

I know everybody is going to say " give him a chance - he hasn't had a run of games" but let's be honest - how many times do you need to look  - 100 times before coming back with the same verdict ?

Really?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Jerrykerry said:

Yes another idiotic thread. 

You have no clue about the team your watch pal. 

I preferred Bill.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ffs. Any new player gets the same ol sh1t. Give them time, then make your ludicrous judgements

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, NFN FC said:

Ffs. Any new player gets the same ol sh1t. Give them time, then make your ludicrous judgements

Nah, it's much funnier watching people make these preconceptions and then looking like idiots within a few months.

See Vrancic.

See Rupp for a more recent one.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Really?

yeah really !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I know some players take time to adjust and eventually come good.

But has anybody else looked at him and just wondered whether he's playing at the right level, and whether he might be better suited to League One, or a career in retail? 

 

5 minutes ago, Six Pack said:

At least he managed to hold onto the ball. You need a good touch when playing against the better teams at this level - Hugill has reconfirmed today he is a "bull in a china shop" .

Sorensen is also better suited to employment involving wearing a colourful hat & uniform and asking "would you like fries with that order sir ?" For a defender he can't tackle, can't pass, can't run fast, no first touch, cant header, is easily knocked off the ball and has bad positional sense, stands around doing nothing ! The type of player that gives the opposition an extra player. We had too many of those today !

I know everybody is going to say " give him a chance - he hasn't had a run of games" but let's be honest - how many times do you need to look  - 100 times before coming back with the same verdict ?

With all the donkeys we had on the pitch  - It was actually a relief to see McLean come on !

Placheta for me still controlled and held onto ball. Was a lot better than others on the pitch.

 

 

Aren't you two more suited for a league one forum? 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

And in the least surprising development in the history of the universe up pops TVB having a go at one of our players. 

Just questioning the standard of one of our new signings, you said just the other day that you'd done exactly the same when we signed Gary Megson but was proved wrong. Is this double standards? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Just questioning the standard of one of our new signings, you said just the other day that you'd done exactly the same when we signed Gary Megson but was proved wrong. Is this double standards? 

The difference is - Einstein - that I didn't publicly have a go at Gary Megson - you regularly publicly have a go at our players! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Nah, it's much funnier watching people make these preconceptions and then looking like idiots within a few months.

See Vrancic.

See Rupp for a more recent one.

Just for the record, I stated on here last season that I saw a little something in Rupp when many others didn't and tipped him to come good be a new Gary O'Neil type player this season. You replied when I said this and agreed. 

I can't claim the same with Vrancic, I thought he was pants for the first six months and was surprised he met the required standard.

It works both ways though Hogesar, when you blow smoke up the a*se of every player then you end up being the guy who reckoned James Husband was the future. 

I hope that Placheta does come good, but at the moment he looks well out of his depth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

DF put him in at that position so he must think hes up to it. We don't need people going out to represent our great club and have his shorts pulled down around his ankles !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

The difference is - Einstein - that I didn't publicly have a go at Gary Megson - you regularly publicly have a go at our players! 

I doubt Einstein ever elected to use the en dash in lieu of the comma. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Just for the record, I stated on here last season that I saw a little something in Rupp when many others didn't and tipped him to come good be a new Gary O'Neil type player this season. You replied when I said this and agreed. 

I can't claim the same with Vrancic, I thought he was pants for the first six months and was surprised he met the required standard.

It works both ways though Hogesar, when you blow smoke up the a*se of every player then you end up being the guy who reckoned James Husband was the future. 

I hope that Placheta does come good, but at the moment he looks well out of his depth.

1) Do you keep a record of all your interchanges with all the posters on here?

2) Maybe I missed it but I don’t think people are blowing smoke up Placheta, just saying give him time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

That can't possibly be true, Henry scored 17 Premier League goals in 31 games in his first season.

Ok a slight exaggeration on my behalf,however Henry had scored only 2 in 17 games 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Six Pack said:

We don't need people going out to represent our great club and have his shorts pulled down around his ankles !

What does this mean? I wasn't intending to give him felatio.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I doubt Einstein ever elected to use the en dash in lieu of the comma. 

Anything to say about your predilection to publicly have a go at our players?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Thirsty Lizard said:

Anything to say about your predilection to publicly have a go at our players?

Its not a particularly long list out of the current bunch, and the list of times I've publicly defended or praised our players is at least equal in length, so no... nothing at all

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

The difference is - Einstein - that I didn't publicly have a go at Gary Megson - you regularly publicly have a go at our players! 

This is very interesting.

So fine for me think it, but not fine for me to write it.

Why?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...