Thought he did ok today...but a little raw and decision making not quite there yet.

Will be a threat particularly on the break like the 2nd half today purely because of his pace, but has to take advantage of that by playing the right ball.

Hernandez doesnt always get it right but can't help feel that he would have had a field day in that second half today

...need him back asap

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Thought he did ok today...but a little raw and decision making not quite there yet.

Will be a threat particularly on the break like the 2nd half today purely because of his pace, but has to take advantage of that by playing the right ball.

Hernandez doesnt always get it right but can't help feel that he would have had a field day in that second half today

...need him back asap

Indeed, I'm sure after some time being beside Pukki he will start to improve his quick choice making. Quite a few times he could have passed to Pukki in an open goal situation, which I'm sure when the players watch the highlights Pukki will no doubt point out to him 🤣

1 minute ago, Chelm Canary said:

I thought he did well but it's clear Pukki gets very frustrated with his decision making.

On the last attempt (I think it was the last one) that Placheta put wide and Pukki put his head down in frustration, after watching the replay I'm not so sure that Puuki wasn't more frustrated with not having received the initial pass. Once Placheta had the ball there really wasn't much way to get the ball back across to Pukki. Could very well be wrong, but I do believe Pukki could have been in on goal if the first pass had gone to him.

• Like 1

Considering he's only just come into the team I think he's done the best he could. Once he's got the measure of our other players I think his decision making will be better. A good addition to the squad.

In the first half particularly, his runs took a defender with him , leaving Pukki with one less to deal with.  He was also pretty  quick to track back , although may take a bit to get used to the blocks and nudges  that go on off the ball in this league. Will be a very useful outlet in games with his pace, just  better decisions  in and around  the pen area..... much as can be said for Argos, though I thought his movement to be smarter than Onels, quicker but less body strength.  Good options.

Got all the physical attributes to be a real asset. Fairly clear it wasn't in the plan to have him starting quite so soon.

The things he lacks can be coached into him, the weapon he brings can't. Surely that's a good thing.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kirku said:

Got all the physical attributes to be a real asset. Fairly clear it wasn't in the plan to have him starting quite so soon.

The things he lacks can be coached into him, the weapon he brings can't. Surely that's a good thing.

Absolutely.  So light on his feet  as well , he'll  draw plenty of fouls. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kirku said:

Yes I was hasty, hope he develops into a good player. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Chelm Canary said:

I thought he did well but it's clear Pukki gets very frustrated with his decision making.

There was also at least one occasion (I think in the first half) where Pukki could/should have laid Placheta in when he'd made a perfect run, but turned back instead. Agree that Placheta's decision making was pretty poor, but it did cut both ways. My wife asked whether they'd had a row in training or something, as in the first half in particular neither of them seemed to want to pass to the other!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Yes I was hasty, hope he develops into a good player. 

You're quite often hasty, aren't you. Maybe think a bit more before you cast aspersions on people?  As you did in the Delia thread, amongst others.

Edited by lake district canary
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, lake district canary said:

As you did in the Delia thread

Well this is ironic... the Delia thread was the first time I've ever felt popular on here 🤣

Capture.JPG.b158023c48b53a3b62b3d512d425bb26.JPG

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

20 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:
1 hour ago, lake district canary said:

You're quite often hasty, aren't you. Maybe think a bit more before you cast aspersions on people?  As you did in the Delia thread, amongst others.

Can you elucidate on the Delia thread bit? No idea what you are talking about. 

No. If you don't know what I'm talking about, then me pointing it out isn't going to make any difference.

5 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

No. If you don't know what I'm talking about, then me pointing it out isn't going to make any difference.

One upside to us winning games is that we don't have to endure the long sanctimonious rants of the Cumbrian preacher man. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

Watching Placheta's body language on The City View of the Bristol game, I thought he looked a bit desperate to impress, trying too hard & letting his missed attempts get to him. Hopefully he'll gain the self-confidence enabling him to keep cool under pressure; perhaps a long chat with Teemu wouldn't come amiss? Obviously scoring a few goals would be the best tonic. Saturday would be a good time to start!

Seems a lively player who likes to get involved. One of the more enthusiastic of newcomers in recent times.

With all that reported pace of his I expected a winger who sits on the touchline, rounds the full back and puts in a cross Bill Punton style.

Instead he does like to wander, pops up everywhere and likes a shot ...... twice unfortunately at the expense of a pass to Pukki (?) in a better position, but once unluckily hitting the woodwork.

Could well become a fan's favourite, but having a soft spot for Hernandez I would still prefer him, when on 'his day' that is.

Edited by BroadstairsR

Unfortunately, the more we see of him, the more it looks like that he's just not good enough for this level. 

2 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Unfortunately, the more we see of him, the more it looks like that he's just not good enough for this level. 

Unfortunately that was more than evident very early on, I got a lot of stick for pointing that out.

He's fast isn't he? Why don't we ever see him trying to beat a man for pace? He will be even worse in the prem. If we get that far

9 minutes ago, CanaryLegend said:

Has he actually had a good game for us?? Serious question 

No, serious answer 😉

2 minutes ago, Ward 3 said:

He's fast isn't he? Why don't we ever see him trying to beat a man for pace? He will be even worse in the prem. If we get that far

I keep thinking this. Pace is his biggest asset and yet he seems reluctant to run at his fullback. Perhaps we could drop the ball in behind once in a while for him to run onto.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Ward 3 said:

He's not got the minerals, a wimp of a man.

• Haha 1

Been willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, but Argos has done more in 45 minutes than Placheta has done so far this season.

Perplexed as to why he never seems to try and beat a man and win a foul - not much point in having all that pace if he just turns back all the time. A real disappointment so far.

2 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

He's not got the minerals, a wimp of a man.

Hahah!! Hernandez has to replace him next game and Buendia swap for McLean