Sign in to follow this  
TheGunnShow

Temporary forum lock

Evening everyone,

Just a puzzled enquiry as a relatively new poster, I suspect it might just have been down to capacity constraints, but I tried logging on relatively late in the match tonight, and on trying to log in, it told me I had to wait for 15 minutes.

Is that normal under periods of high load, please?

4 minutes ago, ged in the onion bag said:

No... you’ve been sin binned!    Have to up your game!    

LOL, no notification or anything regarding that. Dayyum. Haven't even got started yet! 😄

Most of us have seen a number of examples of it not coping with the load on it, but they all resulted in browser error messages. I've never seen a deliberate measure to throttle access like the one you describe.

That usually happens after several incorrect attempts at entering your password. If that wasn't the case and it happens again please take a screengrab.

• Like 1

Just now, Pete Raven said:

That usually happens after several incorrect attempts at entering your password. If that wasn't the case and it happens again please take a screengrab.

Fair enough. It definitely wasn't after incorrect password attempts as my password is stored for entry. Unless it was due to having to enter it via a separate tab because the initial one would have an advert scrolling across the "sign in" button...

I'll take a screenshot of that if it happens again as your mentioning this makes me think the two could be interlinked, but I'm no techie expert.