Sign in to follow this  
Garth Crooks is a

Get rid of WORTHLESS, Bring in PHIL PARKINSON at the end of the season

In my opinion, the situation is not particularly over complicated. Worthington has had his time and done well. But he has come to the end of the tunnel. Norwich need to look forward and that is Phil Parkinson.

The advantages of this proposal are:

1) Norwich could attract him even if Colchester do not go up with a higher salary than he presently earns.

2) Worthless is on a rolling contract - so it will not cost much to get rid of him

3) Parkinson would be able to buy decent players with his knowledge of the lower league. Plus would  be able to get Halford and Danns far more easily. He shown himself as a decent manager now (motivator and shrewd in the transfer market - he got Danns for nought!)

Let me know if you think that this solution is reasonable or not.

Would suit me, or Mike newell, steve tilson, marrtin allen, martin o neil etc, etc. An good reasonably young manager would do, as long as worthington goes.

Yeah, we could do.

I would rather see Mike Newell though. He has publically criticised Luton for their lack of ambition and he would jump at the chance to come here i am sure.

At the very least we would see decent footie at CR.

I would also like to see a manager with a more adventurous attitude in the transfer market. Worthy will not go abroad and look for players and when he does try to buy quality here ie Davenport, Earnshaw etc surprise surprise they are too expensive.

Yeah although i still dont mind worthy, i would happily see the back of worthy if we could have parkinson and a couple of his star players.

Parkinson has built a good side, who will probably give us a roasting next year. He could be worth a look, if our management changes.I''m not sure about your second point. Worthy is on a 12 month rolling contract, which apparently means he is entitled to 12 months notice or a year''s salary. If his assistants also have similar contracts we could be looking at finding half a million!