Sign in to follow this  
mccanary

Ifollow

Mine worked. Occasional interruption of the Radio Norfolk commentary by something sounding like a Dalek but the picture was excellent.

Especially in the 86th minute

1 minute ago, Michael Wynless Jones said:

My link was an iFollow one tonight, with Brentford commentary, was superb all the way through. 

Took ten minutes to load before the game then another ten after half time..........and dropped out just before the mayor did his thing. Fairly cheesed off with it tonight

1 minute ago, Drazen Muzinic said:

Mine worked. Occasional interruption of the Radio Norfolk commentary by something sounding like a Dalek but the picture was excellent.

Definitely a Dalek !!

5 minutes ago, Drazen Muzinic said:

I got the same - strange squeaky commentary every now and then, but generally fine.  I listened to the home commentary first half which was pretty complimentary to us.

1 minute ago, lake district canary said:

You do know you can change the audio settings to get the away team commentary with Chris Goreham.......

Davros was also an option tonight. 

• Haha 2

Watched the full game with the Radio Norfolk commentary. Some brief interference a few times but otherwise all fine, just like it always has been for me 

Edited by HazzaJet

Never seen iFollow - seems a lot of criticism of their product on here. Tried to register last Wed; checked my email address matched & thought would enable me to watch. Then I received a bluntly-worded text message telling me I hadn't set up a matching iFollow account by the deadline, so I wouldn't have free access unless I paid £10.

No thank you.

Yep mine was fine for the whole game. Not had any major probs with it at all. Had the Dalek commentary for 30 seconds a few times and a 5 min spell where picture was slightly jumpy after HT (Im pretty sure it was due to my internet connection though as it had dropped out at half time and I'd had to reset the router).

Edited by kick it off

3 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

I watched and listened to the Brentford commentary it was pretty good. Nice to listen to a different perspective.....

Me too. Just needed a change from Radio Cabbage.

And amazingly mine was perfect as it has been for every match. 

You can only say it so many times. It's your hardware or Internet, not ifollow. 

• Like 1

I had the dalek commentary like many others, also had it a bit jumpy after half time and there is nothing wrong with my Internet connection.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Jerrykerry said:

Mine has also been fine until tonight.

Nothing first half, Sky coverage second half.

ifollow ? No i don't.

13 minutes ago, Jerrykerry said:

Diasgree, Mines been fine every game until tonight. 

Couldn't get it to work until just over 15 mins in, using same hardware as before. 

Even tried tablet, phone and firestick, all logged me on, but just egg timed when trying to show pics. 

Eventually the laptop started working after a reboot and a logoff /on to Ifollow. 

Once working, it was fine, with home commentary initially and the intermittent dalek once changed to away. 

This may also answer some points, and shows despite how many times you say it,  it was Ifollow issue tonight, and not peoples hardware / internet. 

• Thanks 3

My reception was excellent tonight as it has been for the other games I've seen. My only problem was the home commentary team. I would have much preferred the Radio Norfolk coverage and never thought I'd hear myself saying that but it eventually gets to you when the game is increasingly seen through opposition lenses. So many times, while paying lip service to impartiality and referring to Brentford, reference would be made to "they" but as the sentence developed there was much talk about "we" and any talk of "they" had become a reference to Norwich. All very confusing and annoying so watched last half hour with sound muted.

1 minute ago, danielsroundabout said:

My reception was excellent tonight as it has been for the other games I've seen. My only problem was the home commentary team. I would have much preferred the Radio Norfolk coverage and never thought I'd hear myself saying that but it eventually gets to you when the game is increasingly seen through opposition lenses. So many times, while paying lip service to impartiality and referring to Brentford, reference would be made to "they" but as the sentence developed there was much talk about "we" and any talk of "they" had become a reference to Norwich. All very confusing and annoying so watched last half hour with sound muted.

You can change the commentary to radio Norfolk by clicking the little cog in bottom right hand corner. 

iFollow has been superb for me for every game until tonight. Had the dalek commentary quite a few times. More annoyingly though it juddered through pretty much the whole game, not just the start of the 2nd half as others have mentioned. 

1 hour ago, Jerrykerry said:

The iFollow tech is fine - probably the internet connection - I'd be willing to bet it's not Virgin Media 200mbps users who are having problems - but I'm sure you'll all put me right.......

2 hours ago, sgncfc said:

The iFollow tech is fine - probably the internet connection - I'd be willing to bet it's not Virgin Media 200mbps users who are having problems - but I'm sure you'll all put me right.......

Did you not see their tweet? Some customers affected. 

I discovered a couple of weeks ago that ifollow wasn't liking Chrome on my desktop for whatever reason, watched via Firefox since with no issues.

Ps. I had to technical problems first game of the season which I'm still awaiting a customer services response regarding. It showed me 4 minutes of the game then a black screen.... 

... Your hypothesis that this must be the internet download speed does not ring true, as the illegal stream I found of equal quality worked just fine, as have subsequent ifollow streams of other matches.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jerrykerry said:

Perhaps people aren't as stupid as you think.

Screenshot_20201028-064347_Twitter.thumb.jpg.3694a2cb73b548dbd9529f2ef7fb5040.jpg

7 hours ago, sgncfc said:

Sorry, but I'm on Virgin and it was ****e last night. Buffering maybe 30-40 times throughout the match, kept losing picture quality and the sound....

I pay for ifollow with trepidation and without confidence it will work.  Now TV when available is much better and reliable....I know that is a Sky platform, but it is still just streaming, the same as ifollow is.  Perhaps Sky should offer to take over ifollow.......

5 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Did you not see their tweet? Some customers affected. 

I discovered a couple of weeks ago that ifollow wasn't liking Chrome on my desktop for whatever reason, watched via Firefox since with no issues.

Ps. I had to technical problems first game of the season which I'm still awaiting a customer services response regarding. It showed me 4 minutes of the game then a black screen.... 

... Your hypothesis that this must be the internet download speed does not ring true, as the illegal stream I found of equal quality worked just fine, as have subsequent ifollow streams of other matches.

I had the same 'plain black screen' issue for the Bournemouth game. After speaking to their customer support via live chat, they told me to try the app, and it worked fine on my phone, but by then I'd already missed 35 minutes of the game. They refused to give me a refund or credit me another game, and this wasn't the first I've had with them, so that's me done with iFollow.

• Like 1