rock bus

Buendia overrated?

You only have to read thisĀ forum regularly to realise that many of the posters have no idea about football or deliberately post provocative stuff to wind the rest of us up. I read it every day and find it amazing and amusing for it's comedic value so please keep it up. Sadly I can't be bothered to post very often but let the comedy and ignorance continue. I wish I had the time to list the few decent, proper and educated posters but you probably know who you are.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Red Rufus said:

You only have to read thisĀ forum regularly to realise that many of the posters have no idea about football or deliberately post provocative stuff to wind the rest of us up. I read it every day and find it amazing and amusing for it's comedic value so please keep it up. Sadly I can't be bothered to post very often but let the comedy and ignorance continue. I wish I had the time to list the few decent, proper and educated posters but you probably know who you are.

So many idiots on here. I know I'm in your list of educated and decent poster šŸ¤£šŸ¤Ŗ

I often find that I fully appreciate Buendia's contribution in a game when playing the match highlights back.

He wasĀ pretty good last Tuesday.

Petulance is his worst enemy, but that's probably in the blood and comes with the package.Ā 

Ā 

Edited by BroadstairsR

2 hours ago, Mr Angry said:

Iā€™m not sure how many more times I can be bothered to say this but in 2019/20 Emi created more chances than allĀ other players in the Premiership except De Bruyne, Grealish and Alexander-Arnold. Ok, he should be tearing up the Championship and heā€™s not but then heā€™s not alone in our team for that.

A4565882-5648-47ED-9948-5577104E7B51.png

He seems to be the victim of his own success to an extent.Ā 

Ironically, it appearsĀ he is most-overrated by the fans such as the OP who accuse him of being overrated after a mixed but very involved performance, clearly in their heads they were expecting him to contribute even more than he already did.

No one is claiming he played his best on Tuesday, but in spite of a mixed performance he still proved by far and away our most creative player. Yet I don't see multiple threads on Cantwell, Pukki, Placheta or literally any other of our attacking players who were all much quieter than Buendia was.

So who is it that is overrating him? The fans who see his qualities and can appreciate them, or the ones who don't even acknowledge them and think he should be doing even more?

Edited by Hank shoots Skyler
  • Like 1

Must admit I do expect a lot from him, I think he is capable of being brilliant.

My OP wasnā€™t particularly based on Tuesday,Ā but the season so far (and post lockdown in Premiership). I think inĀ the championship he should be totally Ā dominating games and running them. He just never seems to do that.

Maybe he is suffering from players around him not being clinical enough in front of goal, but I honestly think he hasnā€™t stepped up so far this season.

So I have held off posting in this thread until it had calmed down a bit.

And I really do need to start off by saying that I really rate Buendia and I absolutely think he has the skill and assets on a football pitch to make it as a top tier footballer.

However, I like to try and be balanced. Is he over rated by some? Yes. Prior to him coming back into the side people were suggesting he was a game changer on his own. A player that could transform this team from mid table minnows into an outfit that could regulaly thump sides.

When Buendia is on form and at his best I would absolutely argue that he can be almost unplayable. The link up play between him and Pukki in particular during our promotion season was sublime. But again, you have to take the good with the bad.

We need to see that brilliance more consistently. We have to temper that a bit with the fact he is only 23 and a good 2-3 years off what is considered peak for a footballer. That said, he should start to be more consistent in terms of his performances. I also don't like stats. They tend to be useless without context and in this instance, if you have a player that is shot happy from 30 yards, a simple pass to him before he lets fly is classes as a "chance created" no matter whether the pass was intended to lead to a shot or how outrageous a chance it may or may not be.

What is true though is that we tend to play better football with him in the side and we need to find ways of getting him more involved with play again, like the first 15-20mins the other night. I'd like to see less of the petulance on the pitch which seems to be happening to be fair, and some better decisions with the ball going forward, like don't take on four players lose it on the halfway line and contribute to a goal. Take on four players on the edge of their box, fine. Like I say, the quality is undoubtedly there and hopefully over the next few games we'll start to see him back to his best again.Ā 

• Like 1

On 27/10/2020 at 21:29, rock bus said:

Iā€™m hoping posting this before the end of the Brentford game may inspire him, but..

Must admit Iā€™m getting more and more frustrated with Buendia.

Ā 

Ā 

needsĀ to start delivering and actually impacting games, heā€™s a long way off the likes of Maddison or Hoolahan.

He just never seems to score or even assist any goals or actually take control and dominate a game.

not quite sure why everyone says heā€™s the most skilful player weā€™ve ever had at the club?

Hmmmm

1 minute ago, Red Rufus said:

Who will be scapegoat after today's performance from EMI? Can't wait for the drivel šŸ˜€

Probably Sorensen or Hanley.

Some idiot on the Vital forum reckoned Skipp was anonymous so he might get some flack, a really good team performance in my view.

Let's be honest, this is just the fickle nature of football. Buendia was overrated and Pukki was finished recently, but today they're brilliant and they'll probably be overrated and **** again before Christmas.Ā 

Football fans aren't exactly known for their patience and knee-jerk reactions are par for the course.

On 29/10/2020 at 15:29, Red Rufus said:

Thanks mate (šŸ˜‰).

38 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

Thanks mate (šŸ˜‰).

Yup, we do.šŸ‘šŸ˜‰šŸ˜‡

Edited by wcorkcanary
  • Haha 1

Really pleased to seeĀ that my post gave him the little extra kick and motivation he needed šŸ˜‚

I never said he wasnā€™t a great player just that Iā€™d been disappointed. Letā€™s hope he just kicks onĀ even more after todayā€™s excellent performance and then you can all resurrect this post at the end of theĀ season!

7 minutes ago, rock bus said:

Really pleased to seeĀ that my post gave him the little extra kick and motivation he needed šŸ˜‚

I never said he wasnā€™t a great player just that Iā€™d been disappointed. Letā€™s hope he just kicks onĀ even more after todayā€™s excellent performance and then you can all resurrect this post at the end of theĀ season!

Everyone here believes you

D1BB3D57-A26B-496C-9528-15D990DB1D51.jpeg

No one mentions how much work he gets through. Today when we did not have the ball he was continually harrying the opposition midfield trying to win the ball back. That part of his game seems to go unnoticed.

On 27/10/2020 at 21:29, rock bus said:

Iā€™m hoping posting this before the end of the Brentford game may inspire him, but..

Must admit Iā€™m getting more and more frustrated with Buendia.

Ā 

Ā 

needsĀ to start delivering and actually impacting games, heā€™s a long way off the likes of Maddison or Hoolahan.

He just never seems to score or even assist any goals or actually take control and dominate a game.

not quite sure why everyone says heā€™s the most skilful player weā€™ve ever had at the club?

Not quite sure everyone has expressedĀ this specific opinion RB. He is however, aĀ superbly gifted player and would cause us no end of issues if played against us.

If he does play for the rest of the season like he didĀ today then people will start start to describe him inĀ  that manner. And rightly so

Ā 

4 hours ago, Red Rufus said:

Who will be scapegoat after today's performance from EMI? Can't wait for the drivel šŸ˜€

That Polish dude we played instead of Cantwell.Ā 

5 hours ago, Red Rufus said:

Some idiot on the Vital forum reckoned Skipp was anonymous so he might get some flack, a really good team performance in my view.

Interestingly, a couple of Bristol City fans said that Skipp was rubbish on their forum.

I didn't watch the game, did he have a poor one?

4 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Interestingly, a couple of Bristol City fans said that Skipp was rubbish on their forum.

I didn't watch the game, did he have a poor one?

I didnā€™t think so.