rock bus

Buendia overrated?

I’m hoping posting this before the end of the Brentford game may inspire him, but..

Must admit I’m getting more and more frustrated with Buendia.

needs to start delivering and actually impacting games, he’s a long way off the likes of Maddison or Hoolahan.

He just never seems to score or even assist any goals or actually take control and dominate a game.

not quite sure why everyone says he’s the most skilful player we’ve ever had at the club?

1 minute ago, rock bus said:

I’m hoping posting this before the end of the Brentford game may inspire him, but..

Must admit I’m getting more and more frustrated with Buendia.

needs to start delivering and actually impacting games, he’s a long way off the likes of Maddison or Hoolahan.

He just never seems to score or even assist any goals or actually take control and dominate a game.

not quite sure why everyone says he’s the most skilful player we’ve ever had at the club?

He assisted our last goal from open play.

Edited by Canary Wundaboy

He is an excellent player who makes us look a much better side when he plays. If he scored goals he wouldn’t be with us. I genuinely don’t think this side is miles away from clicking. 

• Like 2

Can’t judge on tonight’s game, we moved the ball far too slow, our passing was awful at times, he’s quality and it will shine through.

What has gotten in to everyone with Buendia seriously? On his day he is head and shoulders our best player - no doubt about it.

In the first half tonight he was the focal point of our good attacking play, he won possession back really well a couple of times, his freekick deliveries were generally good too (apart from that terrible short kick attempt). There were also were some really frustrating elements too where he tried to overplay the ball or made the wrong decision. It was very much a mixed bag but overall was anyone in our team a more prominent attacking threat? No..

Unfortunately when you're a risk taking player you increase the chances of something going wrong and looking a bit stupid... and if we just saw non-stop brilliance we would've lost him in August. 

I'd be more worried about Cantwell's performance to be honest??

Edited by Hank shoots Skyler
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

What has gotten in to everyone with Buendia seriously? On his day he is head and shoulders our best player - no doubt about it.

In the first half tonight he was the focal point of our good attacking play, he won possession back really well a couple of times, his freekick deliveries were generally good too (apart from that terrible short kick attempt). But there were some really frustrating elements too where we tried to overplay the ball. But overall was anyone in our team a more prominent attacking threat? No..

Unfortunately when you're a risk taking player you increase the chances of something going wrong and looking a bit stupid... and if we just saw non-stop brilliance we would've lost him in August. 

I'd be more worried about Cantwell's performance to be honest??

The miserable sheeple have moved on from Rupp.

• Like 2

Not at all fair - Buendia has been very average so far this season.  Hopefully he can play himself into form, he’s an important player when on form but can be a bit of a liability when he isn’t 

He made two clear cut chances today.

One for himself, one for Hanley. That’s a good contribution for an attacking player.

Could he do more? Yes definitely. But even out of sorts he makes things happen for us. When he in form he dominates games even in the prem!

I'm not sure any player has overperformed yet this season and Emi is one of them. Thing is if he doesn't play who do you pick instead? With sicknote Hernandez out for while and Placheta still finding his feet, we're hardly blessed with options.

• Like 1

the phrase on his day is used a lot with Buendia....but I just feel those days are way too far apart.

He could easily be our talisman player but it’s just not working, I’m concerned it’s more attitude than skill.

Dont get me wrong I DO think he could be brilliant for us but he needs to step up pretty quickly,to be fair I think it might help if we played him at no10 in the middle of the park.

Highly over rated would not hold a place in a premiership team just gives flashes of brilliance but few and far between sometimes just awful 

I don’t think Buendia is fully match fit, ditto Cantwell, Gibson, Hanley, Sorensen so to be 5th in the league at this point is good going. Get Stiepermann’s link up play and Pukki firing and we’ll be giving a few side a hiding this season. 

2 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

You serious? 

yup, created some glorious chances, set up a goal and put himself about. His stats read well as well if that means anything...

Could he do more? probably so but there were far worse players out there and a point away at Brentford is a very good result provided we back it up with wins in other games against weaker opposition.

Hopefully there is still more to come from him but I feel like he's becoming a victim of his own success now and people expect him to be Messi every game.

3 sublime free kicks into the box that we should have scored from. 

1 chance at the end of a great move that would have been a fantastic goal. 

as assist for Mclean. 

yep. He’s rubbish and he throws his hands in the air too much 🙄

I think we need to address the complete lack of movement ahead of him when he gets the ball. I hate to say it but Pukkis ship has sailed. 

• Like 2

Buendia is certainly frustrating to watch at times, especially with him throwing his toy out of his pram constantly. He does remain one of our most creative midfielders who can produce something out of nothing. Was unlucky not to score last night.

I have noticed a big improvement in his set piece delivery which has been very good recently. More players need to get on the end of his set pieces though, where not enough players gambled on it last night getting to them.

1 hour ago, jaberry2 said:

especially with him throwing his toy out of his pram constantly

If he only has one toy and hes constantly throwing it out of his pram , is the toy a boomerang  or does another member of the squad return said toy to Emi's pram? 

5 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

If he only has one toy and hes constantly throwing it out of his pram , is the toy a boomerang  or does another member of the squad return said toy to Emi's pram? 

At the moment it seems like Rupp is always getting it back and giving him it again! 😂

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, wcorkcanary said:

He can only afford one toy. Its a recession remember 😉

On 28/10/2020 at 04:54, jaberry2 said:

Buendia is certainly frustrating to watch at times, especially with him throwing his toy out of his pram constantly. He does remain one of our most creative midfielders who can produce something out of nothing. Was unlucky not to score last night.

I have noticed a big improvement in his set piece delivery which has been very good recently. More players need to get on the end of his set pieces though, where not enough players gambled on it last night getting to them.

Buendia just included in the Championship team of the Week so must be doing something right ....

23 minutes ago, Surfer said:

Buendia just included in the Championship team of the Week so must be doing something right ....

Nah mate he's useless and over rated and frustrating to watch 🤣

I’m not sure how many more times I can be bothered to say this but in 2019/20 Emi created more chances than all other players in the Premiership except De Bruyne, Grealish and Alexander-Arnold. Ok, he should be tearing up the Championship and he’s not but then he’s not alone in our team for that.

A4565882-5648-47ED-9948-5577104E7B51.png