1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Good thing we have left back cover right?

You don't hang about! 

Do we know how long he’s out for? He’s obviously not the answer but Sorensen played really well tonight, particularly given the circumstances.

3 minutes ago, Clint said:

Do we know how long he’s out for? He’s obviously not the answer but Sorensen played really well tonight, particularly given the circumstances.

Some of his passing was dreadful.

I absolutley hate to see right footed players playing left back who constantly try and pass the ball down the line with their right foot.

1 minute ago, CDMullins said:

Some of his passing was dreadful.

I absolutley hate to see right footed players playing left back who constantly try and pass the ball down the line with their right foot.

All of our team were awful with their passing tonight can’t say Sorensen was any worse, especially Vrancic, his passing was dyer tonight.

13 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

Sorensen didn’t do a lot wrong, thankfully - put in a decent debut performance

I dont think he had a great game, but of course its hard a young lad on his debut out of position. I strongly believe we missed a WB in Quintilla with his crossing. I'm hoping his injury isn't too bad and we get to see him soon. We are playing a bit of a dicey game if Quintilla gets injured with McCallum out on loan. I'm assuming we are sensible enough to insert recall clauses if injuries get bad.

12 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

I wouldn't be a fan of that idea personally, because then you're playing two players out of position, including one of your best players, and that probably makes the situation worse.

Rupp will be at Right back and Max at Left back Sunday by the sounds of it 

2 minutes ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

For me its just creates too much disruption in the team. Im sure the club favours development of players etc, but there does need to be proper cover in these positions. Has there been official news on Quintilla? As it sounded like a tweak so he should really be back for the bristol game. Would rather play Mumba rather than infill player, especially as I dont want to disrupt the CM pairing of Rupp/Skipp. Although with that being said, I hope to see McLean back fighting for his spot soon.

Pretty unforgiveable that we have left ourselves in a position (knowing we have sat-tues-sat-tues) games for the foreseeable future where one injury to Quintilla leaves us playing a defenive midfielder at left back. A big, big question mark over Webber's work this summer for me. 

I thought Sorensen did well to be fair given how out of position he was and I liked what i saw when he was switched later on. A few tackles he made I think hinted at what he could protantially bring as a defensive midfielder.

I suspect on Saturday we may see Mumba at right back and Max playing on the left. 

46 minutes ago, jaberry2 said:

For me its just creates too much disruption in the team. Im sure the club favours development of players etc, but there does need to be proper cover in these positions. Has there been official news on Quintilla? As it sounded like a tweak so he should really be back for the bristol game. Would rather play Mumba rather than infill player, especially as I dont want to disrupt the CM pairing of Rupp/Skipp. Although with that being said, I hope to see McLean back fighting for his spot soon.

Farke said he was a doubt for Bristol. It seemed to be an option for him last season and Mclean would then be back in the team

Moving Rupp out of midfield would be a big mistake - it's him making us tick. Two wrongs don't make a right, so for me it has to be Mumba at RB and Max LB.

A Skipp/McLean combo does not work for me.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

Why are we worried? We bought Ben Gibson in as he can also play LB, so we’ll just move him to LB and use one of our other CBs....oh wait.

I know you're obviously making a point about the lack of central defensive cover here, which I agree with, but it does raise that issue again of some people genuinely suggesting Gibson being left back cover.

My question is, other than being left-footed, is there any reason why Gibson is suited to the position? Would we ever consider Hanley and Zimmermann options at right back, for example? It seems that within the wider world of football, left-footed players often get shunted out to the left flank purely because of their preferred foot, which doesn't happen with right-footed players. I think Stiepermann is an example of that here from three seasons ago, when he was forced to play left back just because he's left-footed, rather than the fact that he's actually suited to playing at full back.

2 hours ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

I wouldn't be a fan of that idea personally, because then you're playing two players out of position, including one of your best players, and that probably makes the situation worse.

This is basically what Farke said after the game.

They could've put Aarons LB, Rupp RB and moved someone into CM. But they felt this was too disruptive given they had to make the choice 5 mins before the game started.

I can't help but feeling that the many on here who were extremely disappointed/irritated on deadline day about no left back coming in and McCallum being sent out on loan are being proved right. Surely McCallum, 'not ready yet' or not, would be first in line to replace Quintilla? Instead he's currently playing out of position himself at right wing-back for Coventry.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

Hope you dont wait till Sunday to watch the match

I would stick with the 3 at the back we were using at the end against Brentford. No matter what we do though, Placheta should be in as he is now the only player who can occupy the left wing.