7 minutes ago, Well b back said:

As I said Sonyc lol but not there yet especially if there is 10 minutes of stoppage time

I can't give any more reactions so 👍👍

Krul did what he did last time we played away at Brentford. Two fabulous stops and we spawn a point.

Before the match I would have been alright with a point away against Brentford, a team I have no doubt will be in the top six by the end.

But now? I'm bloody over the moon no way did we deserve a point from that shambles- But given we are late goals FC right now I should have seen it coming

1 minute ago, Il Pirata said:

Happy Vrancic got 90 minutes. I hope he gets a decent run. All these people saying he can't play 90 minutes are talking stupid. Give him a run of games to find some form. Remember the quality of the opposition today. 

True - thought 'his legs have gone'???

Sometimes you get lucky point and I'm really happy to take that. Lots needs to be improved with pace of moving ball and quality of passing though. First thing to improve is to keep ball on ground when spreading to wings...

19 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Plus they have a coach who is tactically spot on.

Looked to me like we completely changed our system to 3 at the back with wingbacks and Brentfords coach made no changes to cope with our additional width on Maxs side.

So I presume you're going to give Farke credit for his tactical superiority?

2 minutes ago, Fuzzar said:

Can't beat a thoroughly undeserved away point! 

Well looking at the stats we more than deserve it. I didn't watch it, granted, but to have more possession and more shots against Brentford is an achievement. Brentford rarely concede those stats. 

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Before the match I would have been alright with a point away against Brentford, a team I have no doubt will be in the top six by the end.

But now? I'm bloody over the moon no way did we deserve a point from that shambles- But given we are late goals FC right now I should have seen it coming

What are you on about. As per usual not a clue. Well deserving of a point away against one of the leagues best.

Just now, yellowrider120 said:

True - thought 'his legs have gone'???

Cracks me up when I see people saying this. There is absolutely no evidence of that being the case whatsoever. 

Just now, hogesar said:

Looked to me like we completely changed our system to 3 at the back with wingbacks and Brentfords coach made no changes to cope with our additional width on Maxs side.

He is much more proactive with subs this season, credit to the man👍

• Like 2

Also, maybe people will appreciate that wins arent easy in this league. Watford couldn't beat Wycombe, yet all our fans wanted to do was criticise for not rolling them over.

Just now, PurpleCanary said:

In other news Wycombe got their first point of the season, against Watford.

Not sure if that's a good or bad thing given we could have had three points today, but hey good for Wycombe

3 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Only if we acknowledge out a manager who wants 3 at the back to be a tactical option needs to be provided with more than 3 centre backs and an inexperienced utility man in his squad.

Edited by TeemuVanBasten
  • Like 1

Just now, Il Pirata said:

Well looking at the stats we more than deserve it. I didn't watch it, granted, but to have more possession and more shots against Brentford is an achievement. Brentford rarely concede those stats. 

I watched it, we absolutely did not deserve it. No idea where the shots on target came from, their keeper didn't make a save. Buendia's effort was deflected by a defender and our goal was a shot heading for the corner flag. 

Krul had to make three great saves, one world class. 

Mugged them. But we've been on the receiving end enough times so I'll take it. 

• Like 2

Just now, TeemuVanBasten said:

Only if we acknowledge out a manager who wants 3 at the back to be a tactical option needs to be provided with more than 3 centre backs in his squad.

Weird. He done it today regardless and it worked. I think he sees it as an option when chasing a game and at that point he's happy for a Sorensen or Tettey to drop in. Or not? Would have to ask hi..

3 minutes ago, Il Pirata said:

Did you actually watch the game, or did you just look at the stats? 

Brentford were by far the better team. 

Just now, TeemuVanBasten said:

Only if we acknowledge out a manager who wants 3 at the back to be a tactical option needs to be provided with more than 3 centre backs in his squad.

But if Sorensen played in that back three doesn't that mean we have more than three centre-backs at the club...🤓

All in all a good point. Brentford will feel unlucky though.

However we need to be swifter and less pedantic in attack. Cantwell and Emi - do they need a rest ?

A point off second place in an incredibly tough league after taking a point away from home from one of the teams unlucky not to go up last season...

Can't see many negatives in that.

Edited by Drazen Muzinic
  • Like 5

Just now, PurpleCanary said:

But if Sorensen played in that back three doesn't that mean we have more than three centre-backs at the club...🤓

I was hoping nobody would read it before I added the "and an inexperienced utility player" bit, lol.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

I watched it, we absolutely did not deserve it. No idea where the shots on target came from, their keeper didn't make a save. Buendia's effort was deflected by a defender and our goal was a shot heading for the corner flag. 

Krul had to make three great saves, one world class. 

Mugged them. But we've been on the receiving end enough times so I'll take it. 

Its one of those results where a point is fair but I dont think we'd feel that hard done by if we lost.

Thought we were poor most of the second half though.

Brentford were disappointing.  I know they probably feel they have to change something because of the near misses of the past few seasons, but they were a good footballing side now reduced to time wasting, long throws and sitting back.  It's like Pulis' Stoke.  They were frit of us!  Sure we weren't fluent, but you have a side playing to keep us out, its bound to hit our rhythm.  A point's a good result today.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

All in all a good point. Brentford will feel unlucky though.

However we need to be swifter and less pedantic in attack. Cantwell and Emi - do they need a rest ?

Have a feeling Cantwell wont be in the starting 11 at the weekend-

Prior to this match Farke said he had fitness issues and wasnt sure he was going to start, did start and played poorly and was of course subbed off at half time.

A quick look at the Brentford forum and the majority seem to think a draw was fair.

Goes to show how OTT some of our fans are on our performances this season. I think it's because people aren't used to the whole watching-on-ifollow-with-no-fans thing - must be getting a completely different feel or something.

• Like 2