Two massive misses by Emi and Grant tell the story. Sloppy defence to add injury.

Important 15 minutes coming up. I'd like Farke to get them all to face the wall and kick them up the ar$e. Two each for Cantwell and Hanley. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, kirku said:

Wonder if Stipi would've been a better bet at LB

Maybe but then we would have nobody to replace vrancic when he runs out of steam. 

Cantwell is just going through the motions again - tricks and flicks and not doing his job. He needs a long rest and we need to get players in the team who want to be there. Good game though - should be 2-2 really. Brilliant save from Krul but his distribution is shocking again.

• Like 1

Feels like a repeat of Saturday- strong start, concede a goal, lose our way. The major difference is that we didn't get a goal in that strong start.

Just now, wooster said:

Brentford are a far better team than Wycombe, though

Yeah this was my concern- we did enough to beat Wycombe but enough to beat them isn't enough to beat Brentford or similar.

I thought cantwell had seen the error of his ways in his first game back.

Sadly I think he believes he is a premier league player and therefore above all the other players on the pitch so just showboats his way through games.

Sad thing is, that if he puts in the effort and desire he could really tear this league up and get the move he obviously so desperately wants

Todd an absolute passenger, Sorensen looking good on his debut even at LB. Placheta on at half time please.

Edited by Darth Vadis

6 minutes ago, Jerrykerry said:

Maybe but then we would have nobody to replace vrancic when he runs out of steam. 

Placheta with Todd/Emi moving inside. Or Hugill and Pukki dropping to 10.

Toney looks very sharp - just sitting off Hanley and using those two yards to get the advantage almost every time; clever player. I think we'll need to score a couple to get anything here as I can't see us stopping them from getting another.

Couldn’t find a way to even buy this via iFollow tonight so have no real idea what’s going on.

I’m guessing by some of the angry comments we look like we’re going to lose this one?

Just now, rock bus said:

I thought cantwell had seen the error of his ways in his first game back.

Sadly I think he believes he is a premier league player and therefore above all the other players on the pitch so just showboats his way through games.

Sad thing is, that if he puts in the effort and desire he could really tear this league up and get the move he obviously so desperately wants

I think both Emi and Cantwell flatter to deceive. Probably why they are both here still.

Buck up and focus.

Also we are back to our pedantic build up ways.

Just now, Alex Moss said:

Couldn’t find a way to even buy this via iFollow tonight so have no real idea what’s going on.

I’m guessing by some of the angry comments we look like we’re going to lose this one?

We've played some good stuff and should have had at least 2 goals, but had moments of utter cack as well.

All to play for in the 2nd half, but we need to maintain possession a bit better and stop clumping together as much.

• Thanks 1

All too narrow in the first half and not a lot of urgency in our play. We still play a lot of those tippy-tappy passes on the edge of the box without getting a shot off. The three attacking midfielders are too similar and all mainly playing in the middle of the pitch. None of them have been able to make an impact. 

Think we need to move the ba a lot quicker if we are to get back into this game. 

I felt confident we would score a second in the last game. Not this one. We really haven't created much to shout about.

Just now, Alex Moss said:

No- we've been OK but its frustrating watch the team make the same errors and have the same weaknesses exposed over and over.

It could easily be 2-0 Brentford, equally it could easily be 2-1 Norwich.

• Thanks 1

I expect we’ll go a bit more direct if we’ve not improved. Placheta and Hugill, maybe go three at the back.

Todd’s not been great but it’s worth remembering who he has unexpectedly playing behind him at LB. 

Don't think Brentford are that great and gave us too much respect for the first 30 mins when we totally dominated the game. We played some nice football but once again failed to take at least a couple of good chances. Our defence just does not look solid against their occasional breakaways and whilst Krul made a great save, his short ball distribution is nearly suicidal. The game is still there for the taking but we have to up the pace and commitment. Buendia and Cantwell should be far more effective against this fairly mediocre opposition.