Sign in to follow this  
Alex Moss

Brentford score predictions.

What are we thinking folks? A quick look at the Bees fans prediction thread shows nearly all are expecting them to take the 3 points on Tuesday at the time of writing. Which is fair enough. Call it yellow and green tinted glasses though but I think they might be in for a rude awakening. They have some good players but have lost their 2 best players by far and I really don’t think they have the same quality we have. We’re slowly going through the gears but someone’s going to get 3 or perhaps more put past them before long, and I have an inkling it’s going to happen Tuesday night. Them playing nice and open should really suit us I feel. 3-1 City, with Toney getting their goal, who looks a very good signing for them. I’m hoping and expecting that we will lay down a marker this coming week against them and Bristol City.

Hanley and Gibson had better be on top of their game because Ivan Toney has stepped up from League One and continues to bang the goals in. Any errors will prove costly and may well be our undoing so i will be delighted with a draw.

Just now, TIL 1010 said:

Hanley and Gibson had better be on top of their game because Ivan Toney has stepped up from League One and continues to bang the goals in. Any errors will prove costly and may well be our undoing so i will be delighted with a draw.

Indeed, you have to hand if to Brentford for that signing, John - they are very good at buying a striker who always seems to do the business for them (can’t remember their last ‘flop’?). They lose Maupay, and then they have Watkins and Benrahma filling those shoes, they lose them and then bring in Toney, and he’s doing brilliantly for them. I know one or two on here had mentioned his name as a possible signing for us. The Bees are a good side and they play football the right way, I enjoyed watching them last season. But you do wonder how they’d fair if they lost Toney to injury for any length of time. I’m expecting us to win, I think we’re due 3 at some point and I think we’re more likely to get that against a team that isn’t shy about attacking us rather than a Birmingham or Derby. That said, a draw or a loss would not surprise me either. I think it’s about how we approach it though. Hopefully we’ll take our chance to push on up the table as a win tomorrow will really set us up against Bristol in front of the Sky cameras on Saturday. 

4 minutes ago, CANARYKING said:

Is it me or are we getting a lot of duplicate and triple posts ?

I agree that we’re getting a lot of duplicate posts

34 minutes ago, CANARYKING said:

Is it me or are we getting a lot of duplicate and triple posts ?

How is this a duplicate post, CanaryKing?

Not sure why the pessimism from some on here - it's Brentford not Barcelona. Yes they are a decent side, but so are we. We're about due a few goals so I'm going for 3-1 to us.

Either a draw or a one-goal defeat, I think. Brentford's ball-playing may be a bit too slick for our still somewhat embryonic development as a team. I think both teams will take turns in dominating, probably Brentford getting out of the blocks quicker but similar to the Bournemouth match, Norwich coming on strong in the second half.

2-1 defeat or 2-2 draw, I suspect.