3 hours ago, Thumbbass said:

Hugill still starts for me, he allows us to mix up play. Whether or not he's going to score 20 goals this year is another debate. But, if you're defending against someone who is able to flick the ball on, hold it up and chase everything in behind the back line after a long ball, you need to sit back an extra 10 yards. Whether or not he actually gets on the end of them, without him we have no target for crosses again and the play becomes very one-dimensional. The options he provides changes the opposition set up and allows us space in the no.10 position. We became too predictable with just Pukki week in week out, especially when the supply was cut out in midfield. I'd start as we did against Wycombe and see how the game progresses. 

I get the whole Hugill thing against most teams where we are likely to dictate the games and be tasked with breaking down stubborn defences but Brentford will come at us and match us toe to toe. It should be a proper game for the footballing purists where a bit of quality will be what decides it rather than either forcing it in against a stubborn defence or getting caught on the counter.

If we draw or lose this on it'll be disappointing but no drama, the onus isn't on us as much vs Brentford compared to Wycombe. We are free to go play our game and see what happens on the day

Mario to start in CM just behind top 3 Pukki up front, Hugill on bench need attacking cover since Idah out.  Same 7 at back as last two.  Mario to start to spray the passes for Todd and Emi to operate further forward.  Stiepermann not done anything to start on bench. 

Krul

Aarons Gibson Hanley Quintilla

Skipp Rupp

Cantwell   Buendia  Placheta

Pukki

We should get Todd on the right a bit more. He's played there before quite a few times. With Placheta, Hernandez and Martin around (when they're all fit) we have less depth on the right. I know we are pretty fluid with the attacking midfield but this make sense to me. Buendia in the middle.