Sign in to follow this  
Midlands Yellow

Wrong forward sent out on loan

Sinani or Soto although unknown quantities already look more advanced than Idah. Time will tell obviously but so far on evidence we may have missed a trick. 

Soto does not have a UK work permit so if we played him we'd get a visit from immigration enforcement, how many times does this need to be said?

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Soto does not have a UK work permit so if we played him we'd get a visit from immigration enforcement, how many times does this need to be said?

We’ll probably move onto why did we sign him if he can’t play?

• Haha 1

One thing I like about Idah is when he gets the ball inside the box he shoots. Too many times we play one pass too many and end up losing possession. Need to better play the percentages.

1 hour ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Sinani or Soto although unknown quantities already look more advanced than Idah. Time will tell obviously but so far on evidence we may have missed a trick. 

Any chance of an explanation as to why / how they are more advanced.   Intrigued to know!    

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ged in the onion bag said:

Any chance of an explanation as to why / how they are more advanced.   Intrigued to know!    

Interesting....

1 hour ago, Branston Pickle said:

Why did we sign Soto if we can’t play him? Seems odd to me 🙃

Surely we could have got Telstar to buy him from us and then loan him back. Seems like we missed another trick. 🙃

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, ged in the onion bag said:

Well the OP has just told you that they're 'UNKNOWN quantities' so of course the OP KNOWS that they're better than Idah.  (Or alternatively the OP is spouting horse manure again). 

8 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Surely we could have got Telstar to buy him from us and then loan him back. Seems like we missed another trick. 🙃

I think we bought him so that Delia can trouser some more of our money - surely that's the only possible explanation?

Plenty of young players are signed for the future and immediately loaned to clubs on the continent to get around work permit issues, and it's no different with Soto.

He cost us NOTHING as his contract had expired at Hannover, clearly has potential and represents a minor gamble with major possible results, so loaning him out for a year or so is no drama at all.

11 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

I’d like to see Idah in his proper position. I cannot understand this left wing fascination with him.

10 hours ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

One thing I like about Idah is when he gets the ball inside the box he shoots. Too many times we play one pass too many and end up losing possession. Need to better play the percentages.

Problem is he also dies it when he gets the ball outside the box and with options. 

10 hours ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Well the OP has just told you that they're 'UNKNOWN quantities' so of course the OP KNOWS that they're better than Idah.  (Or alternatively the OP is spouting horse manure again). 

Well maybe I’m only half right on this occasion. Idah on loan and Sinani here may have been the way to go. 

Why is Idah being criticised? He done far more in the 15 minutes or so he got than Hugill done for the 75 minutes prior! 

Okay a rash shot at goal but he also nearly scored - both times he had worked the space himself with skill. He also would've threaded Pukki in with a lovely through ball had he been alert to the pass. Far more involved than Hugill was for 5x the time - and clearly more capable of fashioning out chances for himself too.Clearly it was not a red card either.

So what is the problem?

Do we already have another case of an academy player getting harshly and unfairly criticised? 

Like that lazy, arrogant, attitude riddled Todd who once again was probably the most tenacious attacking player on the pitch yesterday..

Edited by Hank shoots Skyler

32 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

What has Sinani done at Beveren to warrant being more 'ready' than Idah?

Older with experience at european  and international level. Of course his club form was at non league level so not too dissimilar to Idah. It’s only an opinion and not a character assassination based on what the 2 could offer this season. 

1 hour ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Clearly it was not a red card either.

You can't react to a poor tackle by pushing your opponent to the floor as you get up.

In an ideal world, that wouldn't be a red because the previous tackle was bad, but as soon as you raise hands to an opponent these days, then a red card is coming and ALL players know this.

I can't see us appealing it either, as the replay clearly shows Idah getting up, arguably leaving his foot in, then pushing the guy down in the upper chest in the process.

Silly mistake, I think he'll learn from it.

• Like 1

I'd suggest it's more wrong forward purchased. Hugill is not good enough. Idah is better than Hugill and Sinani would probably not be any worse. Hugill hasn't done anything particularly wrong or right. He is a bit physical (but not massively, just more than the rest of our featherweights) but it's his lack of technique that I don't like; he couldn't trap a bag of cement.

• Haha 2

Hugill has only just started his career here, so I'll judge him after a season (I seem to remember Iwan taking a season to find his feet) but thought Idah did well when he came on. His best game imo this season. More worried that our £20m stars have scored only once in 45 games and not since January of this year respectively.... whilst Pukki still looks out of sorts...

44 minutes ago, Indy_Bones said:

You can't react to a poor tackle by pushing your opponent to the floor as you get up.

In an ideal world, that wouldn't be a red because the previous tackle was bad, but as soon as you raise hands to an opponent these days, then a red card is coming and ALL players know this.

I can't see us appealing it either, as the replay clearly shows Idah getting up, arguably leaving his foot in, then pushing the guy down in the upper chest in the process.

Silly mistake, I think he'll learn from it.

His foot isn't "in", his foot is clearly trapped between the Wycombe player's legs deliberately!

13 hours ago, sgncfc said:

I think we bought him so that Delia can trouser some more of our money - surely that's the only possible explanation?

I would have thought that you would know by now that Delia doesn't 'trouser' money - she puts it in her handbag. 😉  

15 hours ago, Nuff Said said:

We’ll probably move onto why did we sign him if he can’t play?

Because the club think the rules will change post brexit possibly making it easier to gain a permit in the future.

If they cannot get a permit it seemed like a no brainer anyway, loan him out and he does well and we sell him for a tidy profit.

Win Win for the club.

14 minutes ago, Jack Barak said:

Because the club think the rules will change post brexit possibly making it easier to gain a permit in the future.

If they cannot get a permit it seemed like a no brainer anyway, loan him out and he does well and we sell him for a tidy profit.

Win Win for the club.

Possible the rules will be changed once the UK has transitioned out of the EU, but I suspect the club is more counting on him getting enough caps from either Chile or the US to qualify for a work permit.  The contract he signed lasts untll the summer of 2023, and he is only 20.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Older with experience at european  and international level. Of course his club form was at non league level so not too dissimilar to Idah. It’s only an opinion and not a character assassination based on what the 2 could offer this season. 

So there’s a couple of responses from you but actually I was hoping to know how / why they already look more advanced than Idah.     For learning purposes of course!    It’s your opinion, what’s it based on... I always thought it was difficult to judge this type of thing when the opponents are of a significantly different quality!    

17 minutes ago, ged in the onion bag said:

So there’s a couple of responses from you but actually I was hoping to know how / why they already look more advanced than Idah.     For learning purposes of course!    It’s your opinion, what’s it based on... I always thought it was difficult to judge this type of thing when the opponents are of a significantly different quality!    

Lots of exclamation marks and even more patronising, perhaps I could learn from your good self why I’m wrong.