Sign in to follow this  
ricardo

Sad 😪

Illusions of grandeur? 17:41 - Oct 24 with 215 views Bigeze

Is it time to forget the past and acknowledge our beloved club isn’t as it was when growing up?

The sooner we accept we are a average L1 team, with no steel, flair, who cannot change/influence (for the better) a game, it may just make it better for us all.

I fear all we can hope for is a brief flirtation with the championship maybe once or twice in the next decade* and only dream of ever of the heady heights of playoff to the promise land ever again 🥴

*if the club last that long with shocking parity of league money and Covid ransacking clubs
0.gif

replytop.png
rate-up.gif-1rate-down.gif

😪
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 5

2 minutes ago, ricardo said:
Illusions of grandeur? 17:41 - Oct 24 with 215 views Bigeze

Is it time to forget the past and acknowledge our beloved club isn’t as it was when growing up?

The sooner we accept we are a average L1 team, with no steel, flair, who cannot change/influence (for the better) a game, it may just make it better for us all.

I fear all we can hope for is a brief flirtation with the championship maybe once or twice in the next decade* and only dream of ever of the heady heights of playoff to the promise land ever again 🥴

*if the club last that long with shocking parity of league money and Covid ransacking clubs
0.gif

replytop.png
rate-up.gif-1rate-down.gif

😪

So so sad, maybe we need to show compassion and sympathy?

Nah, brilliant long may it continue!

I agree............ it's very sad that anybody should title a post 'illusions' of grandeur. Don't these illiterates know that the term is 'delusions' of grandeur? 

• Like 1

Those who seem desperate to jump on any negatives as soon as they occur should have a long, hard look at what could be. Our under 23's are storming their league. Loan players are scoring worldies and keeping clean sheets. We've just won three tough games on the bounce with new players settling in and others coming back from long injuries. Let's be positive and hold our course... they are what we might have been.

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

I agree............ it's very sad that anybody should title a post 'illusions' of grandeur. Don't these illiterates know that the term is 'delusions' of grandeur? 

Somebody started a thread on here in August with the title “Illusions of grandeur”. Strangely it was about Ipswich.

It's pretty incredible how far and how fast we've fallen.  

We're at the stage now where pretty much no one, myself included, expects us to win these 'tough' away games at places like Doncaster and Lincoln.  

That's Doncaster Rovers and Lincoln City ffs.  

We're Ipswich Town, how has it come to this??

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Wilson said:

We're at the stage now where pretty much no one, myself included, expects us to win these 'tough' away games at places like Doncaster and Lincoln.  

Lincoln City are an interesting one. I've had a soft spot for them ever since the Graham Taylor days in the 70's. They've had real ups and downs in their history and it was only three years ago they were in the national league and now doing well pushing to get up into the championship.

Not forgetting they are a City too......unlike our friends down the A140....

2 hours ago, Wilson said:

Apart from the fact you hung around in the Championship for 17 seasons on the trot.

16 hours ago, Indy said:

So so sad, maybe we need to show compassion and sympathy?

Nah, brilliant long may it continue!

I hope they go out of business but covid seems like too convenient an excuse for them. They genuinely don’t deserve to exist, one way or another, they are taking up a spot for another team that’d do better. Like Kings Lynn! A proper Derby one day maybe.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Wilson said:

Just about sums up the arrogance and false sense of entitlement by some of those deluded farmhands as to where they deserve to be in the Football League pecking order..............even with "one of the best squads in the league" & a "really,really,brilliant manager" 🤣 

It's not like they can blame the lack of crowds cheering then on, they should have been the best prepared side for lack of noise.... TWTDs is my favourite comedy site at the moment.