ron obvious

today's team now up

45 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Bit of a shout out for Hanley I think, after that mistake was excellent.

I thought he was excellent today. Would love to see his stats for headers won and interceptions made. And frankly I think Krul was more to blame than Hanley. If you watch a replay Krul clearly begins to charge out to collect the ball then suddenly stops, and understandably Hanley had stopped to let him collect the ball. Krul was also facing the play so should have given a clear call to Hanley to clear it (I didn't see any evidence that he did that). Let's hope they learn from the experience.

Hanley certainly was the better of the two defenders, at fault for their goal, but Gibson lucky not to give a penalty away and second yellow.

As others not impressed with Wycombe and their style embarrassing at times and worst of all the ref fell for it! Never a red and hopefully will be rescinded.

Three points is three points, great result against a tough set of conditions.

1 hour ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Don't know if anyone has mentioned it earlier in this thread but the Radio Norfolk commentary today was appalling. Don't know who the sidekick was but he didn't have a clue. Anyone just listening would have thought that Wycombe were playing us off the pitch 

My favourite contribution from Adrian Coote today was describing Pukki’s lack of goals as a damp patch . I think he meant dry spell bless him . 

Edited by Pockthorpe

1 minute ago, Pockthorpe said:

My favourite contribution from Adrian Coote today was describing Pukki’s lack of goals as a damp patch . I think he meant dry spell bless him . 

Coote didn't come across as the brightest spark did he?   

51 minutes ago, pete said:

Now we are a striker down maybe need to rethink Pukki and Hugill together.  Hugill not impressed today.  Beef up the midfield Bring Mario in as AM.  But there maybe fitness questions over Mario who needs only a few minutes.

with Idah banned and Hugill poor 2 games in a row its without doubt Pukki will start and Hugill back up striker from bench imo

6 minutes ago, Boris said:

with Idah banned and Hugill poor 2 games in a row its without doubt Pukki will start and Hugill back up striker from bench imo

Idah will get off, couldn’t see anything in it! 

10 minutes ago, Indy said:

Idah will get off, couldn’t see anything in it! 

Wish that were true Indy but the powers-that-be are always determined never to overturn an original ref's decision if they can find some reason not to. It was totally powder-puff but Idah did push into the guy's chest. What really irks me is that the Wycombe player got off scot-free having scythed through the back of Idah's legs. 

1 hour ago, Pockthorpe said:

My favourite contribution from Adrian Coote today was describing Pukki’s lack of goals as a damp patch . I think he meant dry spell bless him . 

I’m sorry I missed that! 🤣🤣🤣

17 minutes ago, horsefly said:

Wish that were true Indy but the powers-that-be are always determined never to overturn an original ref's decision if they can find some reason not to. It was totally powder-puff but Idah did push into the guy's chest. What really irks me is that the Wycombe player got off scot-free having scythed through the back of Idah's legs. 

The replay I saw made it clearer why it was given although it was hard to tell what really happened. But it did look like his hands went to the Wycombe player’s face.

4 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

The replay I saw made it clearer why it was given although it was hard to tell what really happened. But it did look like his hands went to the Wycombe player’s face.

And Pickford takes out Van **** for the season with an utterly awful challenge and not even a yellow! It’s ****e really is!

58 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

From what I saw the Wycombe player clearly took him out from behind.  Idah jumped back up clearly wound up and pushed him to the floor with both hands, difficult to see but don’t think it was his face. I’m not a ref but I think they both should have got a red.

5 hours ago, Boris said:

I think Placheta will start on Tuesday - we need a pace outlet when we are under pressure to the better teams away. Apart from his well taken goal I thought Pukki seemed off the game and out of position and didn't press their out ball. We also need to work on Quintilla's defending - I don't think he managed to stop one cross coming in or make one tackle.

8 hours ago, hogesar said:

Nothing like a woeful performance. Complete dominance bar a couple of small periods in the game.

It was lacklustre. Build up far too slow with little to no movement. 

The stats may show dominance but we found it very difficult to break down a stubborn hard working side.

How long can we keep relying on Vrancic to score?

Where you happy with the performance then?

For me no, but result obviously a resounding yes!

8 hours ago, lharman7 said:

It was lacklustre. Build up far too slow with little to no movement. 

The stats may show dominance but we found it very difficult to break down a stubborn hard working side.

How long can we keep relying on Vrancic to score?

Where you happy with the performance then?

For me no, but result obviously a resounding yes!

I think everyone is being a little harsh. Latest update via expected goals shows:

20201025_090837.jpg

• Haha 1