Sign in to follow this  
Indy

Credit to Rashford, but!

38 minutes ago, paul moy said:

Tax credits, universal credit, child benefit, free school meals, free prescriptions, housing benefit, council tax credit, food banks........... oh, let's just add another.........

Let's hope you never find yourself having to use these services eh.... As for Rashford. Good on him. Someone has to highlight the problems with child poverty and it isn't a bunch of multi millionaire Tories, too busy capitalising on Brexit uncertainties...

Technology has wrecked the age old idea of hard work being rewarded by remuneration. The economic system is toast.

Nobody knows what to replace it with. As it stands astonishing wealth is being concentrated into a very few hands.

Conspiracy theorists see covid as a tool for the uber-rich to consolidate their position through existential panic.

Personally I am extremely worried about the ballooning national debt. Being in debt makes you extremely vulnerable.

Edited by ron obvious
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, paul moy said:

Tax credits, universal credit, child benefit, free school meals, free prescriptions, housing benefit, council tax credit, food banks........... oh, let's just add another.........

Food banks are not part of the benefit system. 

https://www.trusselltrust.org/2015/04/24/eleven-foodbank-myths-you-must-not-fall-for/

7 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Let's hope you never find yourself having to use these services eh.... As for Rashford. Good on him. Someone has to highlight the problems with child poverty and it isn't a bunch of multi millionaire Tories, too busy capitalising on Brexit uncertainties...

Safety net.... yes....... feather bed.....noooooo

If you go too far you remove any incentive to work.

8 hours ago, paul moy said:

I never said they were, but they are freely available.

They are not 'freely available'. You have to be referred by an official agency.

9 hours ago, daly said:

So you think Rashfords accountant is not going to exploit every tax loop possible to avoid paying tax

You’ve got to be pretty naive If you really believe that

Do you have any evidence of that? Has it crossed your mind that he may live his life to a different set of standards to you? 

Call me an old gammon but surely it is the responsibility of the parents to feed their children and not the state, in fact it is one of the most important parts of being a parent.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

Call me an old gammon but surely it is the responsibility of the parents to feed their children and not the state, in fact it is one of the most important parts of being a parent.

...and if they don't discharge that responsibility, who suffers?

19 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

Ok, you're  an Old Gammon.  In an ideal world, yes , parents would be able to feed their Children, but the fact of the matter is that some, through no fault of their own, can't. So then the problem must be dealt with. It's no help saying that they should be able, when simple maths will tell you  that some just cant... they have difficult choices, Rent or food  , food or leccy, school uniforms or hot dinner.

Funny how the obesity problem runs alongside food poverty......doesnt it make you want to share your Scampi?

PS I expect that old **** Waveney  has me still  blocked , so if anyone fancies quoting me, he should see it.

Wow   S C R O T E is banned!!!

Edited by wcorkcanary
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, Pugin said:

...and if they don't discharge that responsibility, who suffers?

Do you reward them for spending their cash on tattoos and fags or do you punish them, community service is the answer or a bit of national service wouldn’t go amiss

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Ok, you're  an Old Gammon.  In an ideal world, yes , parents would be able to feed their Children, but the fact of the matter is that some, through no fault of their own, can't. So then the problem must be dealt with. It's no help saying that they should be able, when simple maths will tell you  that some just cant... they have difficult choices, Rent or food  , food or leccy, school uniforms or hot dinner.

Funny how the obesity problem runs alongside food poverty......doesnt it make you want to share your Scampi?

PS I expect that old **** Waveney  has me still  blocked , so if anyone fancies quoting me, he should see it.

Wow   S C R O T E is banned!!!

3 things. People are kind of forgetting that others are losing their jobs left right and centre, through no fault of their own, and may need that extra help over the winter months.

Pensioners like Moyo should hand back any benefits they get if they dislike others getting a helping hand.

People need to stop believing everything they read in the S*n. Yes, some people swing the lead and are basically workshy bludgers, (I know a couple myself), but the vast, vast majority of people are not on benefits because it's an easy way of life.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

13 hours ago, yellowrider120 said:

Governments are NOT charities and can't keep bailing out every cause not matter how deserved it is. 

Where are the contributions coming from the so called ridiculous 'celebrity circus' or PL footballers?

Errmm... the government sets the tax rate, and it was the Conservatives who dropped the top tier from 50% to 45% in 2012. 

That equates to Ozil paying £1m a year less tax now than he would have with the same salary under Gordon Brown.

Not saying I didn't support this decrease, but I think perhaps the government ought to consider temporarily increasing it back to 50% for a year or two from April. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten
  • Like 1

It takes pennies to buy a few fresh vegetables, pulses rice etc etc 

many many cheap and nutritious meals can be produced

The benefits system provides adequately for this type of subsistence living , there is no excuse not to feed your children, never ever!

listening to this lefty nonsense really boils my p1ss

Edited by Uncle Fred

Have you heard about the pandemic we are currently living in. You may have read about it in the papers. (Although since they banned wrapping chips in them, probably not.)

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Errmm... the government sets the tax rate, and it was the Conservatives who dropped the top tier from 50% to 45% in 2012. 

That equates to Ozil paying £1m a year less tax now than he would have with the same salary under Gordon Brown.

Not saying I didn't support this decrease, but I think perhaps the government ought to consider temporarily increasing it back to 50% for a year or two from April. 

With the local food outlets getting involved too, it’s great to see.

This is my bugbear, local councils do have lot of waste on spending no doubt but if we are to fund this type of thing it should be properly funded by those who can afford the tax increase, definitely add the 5% and properly policed so those truly in need get the help not those who use it as an easy meal.

Marcus Rushford needs to become a Knight of the Realm!

All this talk of useless parents, failing governments, greedy footballers not chipping in, Supermarkets not delivering enough healthy options or not trying hard enough to work with councils or schools does not distract nor needs confusing with the fact that there are impoverished children who need and DESERVE a decent meal EVERY day.

Mr Rashford has only highlighted this point and selflessly contributed towards it too. How many of us keyboard warriors would feel comfortable knowing there maybe kids living near us who for what ever reason haven't eaten properly. We would all do something no matter how small.

It seems to me that the government ministers who claim their expenses readily (Therese Coffey, East Suffolk tory MP tucked into her 36k (I looked that one up)) need to take a good close look at themselves first....

but until anyone one of us on this 'mighty Pinkun forum' does as much as 22 year old Marcus Rashord has done for hungry kids, then and only then should any negative points towards him be cringenly aired!

OTBC

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Uncle Fred said:

It takes pennies to buy a few fresh vegetables, pulses rice etc etc 

many many cheap and nutritious meals can be produced

The benefits system provides adequately for this type of subsistence living , there is no excuse not to feed your children, never ever!

listening to this lefty nonsense really boils my p1ss

Delighted to hear your pee is boiling 

6 minutes ago, Tony DaWonderful said:

If he can bang in a couple of goals against Chelsea today I'll jump on that cause. 

Picked 3 Villa players in my Fantasy Team, in desperate need of somebody to make up the points! 

8 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

If he can bang in a couple of goals against Chelsea today I'll jump on that cause. 

Picked 3 Villa players in my Fantasy Team, in desperate need of somebody to make up the points! 

Stick with Son and Kane

13 hours ago, Jools said:

It certainly shouldn't be funded from general taxation.

Why not?

It would cost far less "eat out to help out" where good wages were subsidised for having meals.

Funny old world when "treats" for the relatively affluent are a higher priority than making sure poor children don't starve😬

• Like 3

15 hours ago, The Real Buh said:

See what you’ve done? You’ve attracted all the non-football board people!

they’ll be crying about what Donald Trump had for Breakfast and banging on about “ThE BrEXiT BuS”

shoo! Shoo!!!

462BCA9E-BD5E-4435-97C8-7AEBDDD2C12B.jpeg

Don't quite know what those two things have got to do with the school meals debate but I'm sure you'll be very keen to educate me?  

On 24/10/2020 at 12:05, yellowrider120 said:

Don't quite know what those two things have got to do with the school meals debate but I'm sure you'll be very keen to educate me?  

Edited by The Real Buh

2 hours ago, Tony DaWonderful said:

All this talk of useless parents, failing governments, greedy footballers not chipping in, Supermarkets not delivering enough healthy options or not trying hard enough to work with councils or schools does not distract nor needs confusing with the fact that there are impoverished children who need and DESERVE a decent meal EVERY day.

Mr Rashford has only highlighted this point and selflessly contributed towards it too. How many of us keyboard warriors would feel comfortable knowing there maybe kids living near us who for what ever reason haven't eaten properly. We would all do something no matter how small.

It seems to me that the government ministers who claim their expenses readily (Therese Coffey, East Suffolk tory MP tucked into her 36k (I looked that one up)) need to take a good close look at themselves first....

but until anyone one of us on this 'mighty Pinkun forum' does as much as 22 year old Marcus Rashord has done for hungry kids, then and only then should any negative points towards him be cringenly aired!

OTBC

Whilst I have respect for Rashfords effort and his passion, there’s countless thousands of ordinary people who selfless action each week actually do the hard work to ensure many families and kids get not only these meals but more support too! I know a couple of people who’ve been doing this through local charity and support groups for the past twenty years! These are the people who deserve the real credit. Rashford is using his status in highlighting this in the public eye.

By the way there are thousands of people who support and have helped less fortunate families and elderly long before Rashford.

3 hours ago, Herman said:

Have you heard about the pandemic we are currently living in. You may have read about it in the papers. (Although since they banned wrapping chips in them, probably not.)

You are talking utter nonsense complete nonsense 

there is a very generous benefits system designed to make sure no one needs to go hungry

ONS figures this week state billions were stolen from the furlough scheme by the feckless 

we can’t afford just to keep handing  out money as a country without parents taking at least a modicum of personal responsibility 

some one will have to pay the countries debts back after the pandemic and you can be sure as hell place your money on those that are taking the juice out of the tax payers at the moment won’t be the ones paying it back!!

the morales of our country are going to the dogs and your lefty nonsense doesn’t help

Edited by Uncle Fred

15 hours ago, paul moy said:

Safety net.... yes....... feather bed.....noooooo

If you go too far you remove any incentive to work.

You have obviously not been unemployed recently then, as no one in their right mind would consider our "safety net" a choice you would gladly make. The reason Rashford is doing this is, is he has seen the harm it does. By the way the majority of "benefit" goes to private landlords (the Tories sold off the council house in the 80s remember) and guess what, the majority of Tories are landlords... If you want to reduce payments to those that need it most, reduce the rent bills council's have to pay with low rent decent safe housing. The vast majority of those claiming work, they are not sat around playing Xbox all day...

21 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

You are talking utter nonsense complete nonsense 

there is a very generous benefits system designed to make sure no one needs to go hungry

ONS figures this week state billions were stolen from the furlough scheme by the feckless 

we can’t afford just to keep handing  out money as a country without parents taking at least a modicum of personal responsibility 

some one will have to pay the countries debts back after the pandemic and you can be sure as hell place your money on those that are taking the juice out of the tax payers at the moment won’t be the ones paying it back!!

the morales of our country are going to the dogs and your lefty nonsense doesn’t help

We can afford £9 billion on a track and trace system that doesn't work though or £120m to a company to make PPE equipment who never had before (knew a minister).... But hey let's blame the poor.

7 hours ago, A Load of Squit said:

They are not 'freely available'. You have to be referred by an official agency.

OK.... freely available to those in need or are you even going to dispute that...    LOL

Edited by paul moy