Sign in to follow this  
Indy

Credit to Rashford, but!

I find Marcus Rashford to be a likeable and sincere young man who is pursuing this agenda because it is legitimately a cause close to his heart.

Deserving of his MBE. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, TeemuVanBasten said:

I find Marcus Rashford to be a likeable and sincere young man who is pursuing this agenda because it is legitimately a cause close to his heart.

Deserving of his MBE. 

There are far too many people who, once they gain fame and wealth, turn their backs on their roots. Thankfully there are a few who are truly thankful of their good fortune and remember their origins.

5 hours ago, Herman said:

3 things. People are kind of forgetting that others are losing their jobs left right and centre, through no fault of their own, and may need that extra help over the winter months.

Pensioners like Moyo should hand back any benefits they get if they dislike others getting a helping hand.

People need to stop believing everything they read in the S*n. Yes, some people swing the lead and are basically workshy bludgers, (I know a couple myself), but the vast, vast majority of people are not on benefits because it's an easy way of life.

No we are not forgetting anything.  HMG had a deficit of  36 billion in August supporting people to avoid them losing their jobs etc and were far too generous in my view as people were deterred from leaving their homes. They are now supporting many councils in the country not least Manchester to the tune of 82 million pounds to see them through Tier 3. 

BTW... I do not get any benefits as I am a self-funding private pensioner and not on a state pension, although when I do get that it is due to my 35 years of contributions of National Insurance.  Lefties rather illogically do like to refer to a state pension as a benefit but it is only available if you contribute, and on a pro rata basis.   

Edited by paul moy
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

We can afford £9 billion on a track and trace system that doesn't work though or £120m to a company to make PPE equipment who never had before (knew a minister).... But hey let's blame the poor.

Go on explain to me what pleasure do you derive from virtue signalling? I never get why people like you do it?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, paul moy said:

No we are not forgetting anything.  HMG had a deficit of  36 billion in August supporting people to avoid them losing their jobs etc and were far too generous in my view as people were deterred from leaving their homes. They are now supporting many councils in the country not least Manchester to the tune of 82 million pounds to see them through Tier 3. 

To much virtue signalling if we stick to the facts no child ever dies of starvation in the UK it simply doesn’t happen

its not a popular stat with the lefties but it is true!

18 hours ago, Indy said:

I have nothing but support to ensure all youngsters get equal opportunities, definitely decent food and assistance to be the best they can be. I’m fully for helping where I can.

I do however have major issues with super earners using their popularity to lean on councils to fund it! Knowing how much we are all having to trim our spending during tough times to add to the pressure on council’s is not sitting well with me!

I’d be more impressed with young Rashford if he would use his contact to get his counterparts to cough up more monies, like Captain Tom,  lead by example and start a proper fund for it!

2 trillion in debt and rising, should the rich not be contributing more?

Footballers still have had 100 percent wages all through covid. So why don't they contribute to help kids get much needed food? Too busy driving around in ferraris and range rovers i guess....

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

Go on explain to me what pleasure do you derive from virtue signalling? I never get why people like you do it?

Probably much the smae as you get by regularly proving you are a ****

5 hours ago, Uncle Fred said:

listening to this lefty nonsense really boils my p1ss

Ditto for me and all the right wing “I’m alright Jack, fück you” cünts.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Ward 3 said:

Footballers still have had 100 percent wages all through covid. So why don't they contribute to help kids get much needed food? Too busy driving around in ferraris and range rovers i guess....

And footballers driving around in range rovers is fantastic news for the kids of the 9000 people employed at the Jaguar Land Rover plant in Solihull, half of whom were furloughed during the first lockdown. Nothing is ever black and white. 

Perhaps it would sit better with you if they all downgraded to a VW, even if those cars are made in Germany and don't support jobs in the UK?

Think before you type.

Edited by TeemuVanBasten
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Uncle Fred said:

It takes pennies to buy a few fresh vegetables, pulses rice etc etc 

many many cheap and nutritious meals can be produced

The benefits system provides adequately for this type of subsistence living , there is no excuse not to feed your children, never ever!

listening to this lefty nonsense really boils my p1ss

Oh Good, i hope its uncomfortable.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, paul moy said:

BTW... I do not get any benefits as I am a self-funding private pensioner and not on a state pension, although when I do get that it is due to my 35 years of contributions of National Insurance.  Lefties rather illogically do like to refer to a state pension as a benefit but it is only available if you contribute, and on a pro rata basis.   

Ah the I don't get any benefits rubbish...Isn't great you got the opportunities to allow you to be comfortable that so many today don't have... Rather than have a go at the less fortunate maybe show some compassion... Or maybe your all for letting people strave to death or lose their houses as well as their jobs? Maybe you think only the rich should have kids? And let's blame the sins of the parents on innocent children? No doubt you hark back to the days when disease, famine and war were rife but Britain was great? The debt we have is miniscule to that after 1945 and we did very well thank you. This is the time you 100% spend to protect your societies...

Ps. I don't get any benefits either and been in work 40 years x

1 hour ago, Uncle Fred said:

To much virtue signalling if we stick to the facts no child ever dies of starvation in the UK it simply doesn’t happen

its not a popular stat with the lefties but it is true!

Last Updated: 20 July 2020

The media reported last weekend that the number of children admitted to hospital with malnutrition was almost 2,500 in the first six months of 2020, double the number over the same period last year i.

Before you embarrass yourself further, diseases such as cancer are more prevalent in mulnutritiused children and it also hits learning etc. 

Isn't funny now the morally bankrupt have to find a neat way of dealing with their lack of compassion and good sense... I know lets call them out for virtual signalling... Makes me laugh!.

Anyway footies about to start OTBC!

6 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:
Last Updated: 20 July 2020

The media reported last weekend that the number of children admitted to hospital with malnutrition was almost 2,500 in the first six months of 2020, double the number over the same period last year i.

Before you embarrass yourself further, diseases such as cancer are more prevalent in mulnutritiused children and it also hits learning etc. 

That then begs the question, were the parents admitted too? Surely you’d do anything for your kids!

Not great to have this in our society is it!

Just now, Indy said:

That then begs the question, were the parents admitted too? Surely you’d do anything for your kids!

Not great to have this in our society is it!

No it's not, but a civilised society doesn't abandon kids because their parents are crap.... 

1 minute ago, Kenny Foggo said:

No it's not, but a civilised society doesn't abandon kids because their parents are crap.... 

Agree but we should have a society where crap parents are stopped in having more kids! Castrate them!😉

50 minutes ago, Indy said:

Agree but we should have a society where crap parents are stopped in having more kids! Castrate them!😉

Of course 99.9% of parents who have to rely on benefits are good hard working people but let's not spoil fantasy land for all those Mail / Express readers

3 hours ago, Indy said:

Whilst I have respect for Rashfords effort and his passion, there’s countless thousands of ordinary people who selfless action each week actually do the hard work to ensure many families and kids get not only these meals but more support too! I know a couple of people who’ve been doing this through local charity and support groups for the past twenty years! These are the people who deserve the real credit. Rashford is using his status in highlighting this in the public eye.

By the way there are thousands of people who support and have helped less fortunate families and elderly long before Rashford.

Of course there are loads of people each as dedicated to helping the elderly and children alike. Each of them in turn deserving of massive recognition for their efforts and dedication.

What I feel you are missing is that Marcus Rashford grew up in and around the same poverty level as a kid. The fact he uses his status to bring our attention to the cause should be applauded.

He is to kids in poverty with his free school meals to what Captain Tom did for the NHS. The difference being one served his country and therefore a hero... the other will be deemed a silver spooned, spoilt footballer piggybacking on a good cause! 

Whether you choose to acknowledge what the lad has done or not, he has chosen to stand up to be counted and used his standing to make a real difference. That in turn throws a spotlight on something that shouldn't exist in our time, which in time will produce change for the better.

So let's celebrate that businesses and folk are coming together, galvanised by Marcus and hopefully embarrass this government into action, rather than cast assumption and doubt over his motives.

As said before what would people's thoughts be on food vouchers. Just as an example. Drop benefits per person in a household by 10% but by the government working with food producers and supermarkets etc give them vouchers for 15% of the benefits and it can only be spent on food. It would cost the government nothing. It would also put food in the mouths of those in need. Win win in my mind. 

1 minute ago, Tony DaWonderful said:

Of course there are loads of people each as dedicated to helping the elderly and children alike. Each of them in turn deserving of massive recognition for their efforts and dedication.

What I feel you are missing is that Marcus Rashford grew up in and around the same poverty level as a kid. The fact he uses his status to bring our attention to the cause should be applauded.

He is to kids in poverty with his free school meals to what Captain Tom did for the NHS. The difference being one served his country and therefore a hero... the other will be deemed a silver spooned, spoilt footballer piggybacking on a good cause! 

Whether you choose to acknowledge what the lad has done or not, he has chosen to stand up to be counted and used his standing to make a real difference. That in turn throws a spotlight on something that shouldn't exist in our time, which in time will produce change for the better.

So let's celebrate that businesses and folk are coming together, galvanised by Marcus and hopefully embarrass this government into action, rather than cast assumption and doubt over his motives.

No I’ve said full credit, he’s done a fantastic job, my issue was the pressure on the local governments! 

6 hours ago, paul moy said:

Lefties rather illogically do like to refer to a state pension as a benefit but it is only available if you contribute, and on a pro rata basis.   

Absolute nonsense. 

How much would you have to have in a private pension to receive  £7000 pa index linked or whatever the state pension is - I'd have though iro £200,000. You won't have paid that much in over a lifetime

+ Your NI also paid for your health provision throughout your lifetime, including when you weren't earning as well as (means rated) unemployment insurance.

Edited by Badger

3 minutes ago, Badger said:

Absolute nonsense. 

How much would you have to have in a private pension to receive  £7000 pa index linked or whatever the state pension is - I'd have though iro £200,000. You won't have paid that much in over a lifetime

+ Your NI also paid for your health provision throughout your lifetime, including when you weren't earning as well as (means rated) unemployment insurance.

Oh and did your parents send you to private school? And you send all your kids there...

And did always have private medicine ditto kids etc

You drive on the roads or walk the pavements etc