cambridgeshire canary

So what lineup should be start against Wycombe?

6 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Post your lineups and thoughts below.

norwich-11.png

Interesting you put Rupp on the right of midfield. It was painful watching him on  the left against Birmingham. Can Skipp play better on the left or were you thinking that Vrancic would settle there?

Edited by Number9
Spelling

1 hour ago, Ward 3 said:

Fair point and comment

Don't really agree with this. Buendia chasing back made two crucial clearances in our penalty box, thought his desire was spot on on Tuesday. He also made the pass after Rupp robbed Hogan for Idah before Mario scored the goal. 

I don't personally see Mario as a player who is going to start matches this season. His mobility is an issue and I think Farke will use him as a supersub in the last 20 minutes of games where we need to break down a deep defending opponent. If you think about the goal, Birmingham were actually on the counter-attack and Mario was still the most advanced player forward for us (which is why ultimately he scored) but he's not going to be tracking opposition counters when he starts and plays 90 minutes - that isn't Mario's strength particularly now he's in his 30's and although there will doubtless be clamour for him to start because he's so talented, I can totally see why Farke is using him as he is. 

Played 6 lost 6..imo its a bad time to be facing Wycombe. Whatever the line up i just feel it has 0-0 stamped on it...a case of ACN...but my gut feelings have nothing to do with the actual team...another Brum type game i expect, with patience needed to break em down  if an early goal doesnt come along.

6 hours ago, Yellow Green Army said:

Krul

Aarons Hanley Gibson Quintilla

Skipp Rupp

Buendia Stiepermann Cantwell

Hugill

This is no doubt Farkes selection and no complaints but I feel we need Vrancic to put the ball in the net somewhere (he's the only one that I'm confident knows where the net is at present). 

People nonsensically said "don't change a winning team" after Rotherham....despite us winning very fortunately and there being a couple of square pegs in round holes, and blantantly better players, in their correct positions available to come back in for Birmingham

....this time however, I believe Tuesday was our strongest team so little need to change it.

....could we get away with Vrancic in for Skipp at home to Wycombe?.....possibly, but I cant see Farke attempting it

Unchanged ...with Zimmerman and Steipermann replacing McLean and Martin on the bench for me

7 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Vrancic has proved he has earned a place, Buendia hasnt.. And Pukki is injuried and wont play, according to Farke.

You’re going to need Emi to open Wycombe up. Playing without him is madness. 

9 hours ago, Yellow Green Army said:

Krul

Skipp Rupp

Hugill

If Pukki is struggling for fitness, this is most likely the selection. Hopefully Zimm is back too. And it would be interesting to get a look at Sorensen at some stage. Tetts must also be itching for some pitch time. Poor Josh Martin has a few ahead of him in the queue, even without Onel & Dowell. We might see Super Mario on a bit earlier this time too; he was a bit hard done by last year. Placheta, Idah & McLean for further options. 

Hopefully we're starting to pick up a bit of momentum as these games come thick & fast. Doing lots right but struggling to rattle the onion bag. Maybe a first half scrambler to settle the nerves & open things up?

20 hours ago, Canarywary said:

I feel like people are a little bit over-excited about Placheta so far. He's undeniably lightning quick, but I've not seen anything that makes me think he needs to be starting over our other midfielders. 

Same, looks very raw, definitely needs to work on his first touch in particular. 

Think at the moment he should perhaps be considered an impact sub, to come on when the opposition look knackered and could do without having to try and keep up with him. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

I'd go same again, unless Pukki has an injury in which case Stiepermann start the game and then off around 60/65 for Vrancic.

I'd like to see Idah a get a few starts, but Hugill has only had 1 so would keep him in for now. 

Think we'll see why Hugill is useful against a rough and ready side like Wycombe, and that's also my argument for starting the game with Stiepermann ahead of Vrancic. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

Alright lads from the horses mouth/Farke just now-

'There was a few questions about Teemu Pukki after the Birmingham game but he is available for tomorrow'

I was wrong. Not the first time mind and I highly doubt it will be the last time but it does indeed seem Pukki is now fit and ready for tommorow

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

No disrespect to Wycombe, but it is only Wycombe, and not the starting line-up, but I'm wondering if we should give Mumba a place on the bench? Currently we have no fullback cover there, which I assume means Rupp would move back and McLean would come on. That seems a major disruption and I'm no fan of square pegs. IF we were to get into a comfortable lead might be worth giving Mumba a bit of game time?

On 22/10/2020 at 15:07, Yellow Green Army said:

Krul

Skipp Rupp

Hugill

^^ This if Pukki is not 100%. I can see our subs winning it again, though, so hopefully not too late

You gentlemen pleading for Rupp to start on the left of midfield. 

How many times did the game stop while he limped round a big circle to try and get back onto his right foot?

Why don't you put him on the right? He can't kick the ball with his left foot, watch the games, he does it lots.

6 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

You tried playing the Silver Lounge friendlies yet? Made a Championship squad, my links between Hugill/Placheta/Vrancic working wonders so far

Haven't played a FIFA in years, but their squad picker thing looks nice to use for stuff like this!

Interested that last weeks most hated man Rupp is now in everybody’s starting lineup. 

I’d like to see last weeks lineup except Pukki up top and Vrancic in behind. I feel Vrancic can unlock teams in ways that even Buendia can’t and that’s saying something cos Buendia is a machine! 

With Pukki being fit I think it'll be same line up as Birmingham

Krul

Skipp Rupp

Buendia Pukki Cantwell

Hugill

Whilst I'm still not convinced Pukki's anywhere near his best, I do wonder if todays game would suit Pukki up front instead of Hugill & Vrancic in No.10 instead of Pukki. The above team (without suggested changes) should have enough to unlock Wycombe, & I like it that Hugill isn't afraid to shoot. If he gets his eye in he could start netting a few from outside the area