cambridgeshire canary

So what lineup should be start against Wycombe?

31 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Post your lineups and thoughts below.

norwich-11.png

I like that - Rupp can get forward regularly if there's no major midfield pressure. Maybe Emi to start with Placheta on later.

Same as Tuesday for me.

I want to see Pukki have a bit of a run in this role and we can bring Vrancic and Placheta on when needs be.

• Like 2

If everyone’s fit, same as Tues night. We played some very good football and as already mentioned, it would be good for some consistency in team selection. Something we’ve not had for many many months, if not longer.

• Like 2

I'd replace Pukki with Stiepermann just to protect that minor knock/cramp (or whatever it was) and put Pukki on the bench. Otherwise, assuming everyone's looking fresh in training, I'd keep the line-up the same. Also, Wycombe are a dangerous team on set pieces so some extra height will probably be useful.

Could be a game to give Skipp a breather and take a look at Sorensen.

Farke has already said there will be more rotation of players this season with fixtures the way they are, so I think this will be slightly different to the promotion season where he rarely, if ever, changed a winning team apart from when there were injuries.  He's already done it this season, changing the line up after the win against Rotherham.

Quite like the op's team, I think Placheta will get starts if he is fully fit, so a good opportunity for that against Wycombe. Dropping Emi is no bad thing - keeps him fresh and can be brought on as sub later in a game. Vrancic gets his reward for scoring the winning goal and should flourish in a game against Wycombe. Pukki gets a chance to rest his hamstring or whatever it was that niggled him on Tuesday, so all in all I think changes will be made.  We have such a strong squad, it makes sense to give different players as many minutes as possible, without making major changes every week.

• Like 2

Farke also said the other day that he doesn;t see the need for rotation at this early stage of the season. Obvioulsy if Pukki is injured then I agree bring in Stiepermann but otherwise i'd leave it as is.

I would think about changing it up a bit for Brentford by bolstering the midfield with Tettey.

I feel like people are a little bit over-excited about Placheta so far. He's undeniably lightning quick, but I've not seen anything that makes me think he needs to be starting over our other midfielders. Besides, pace is a great thing to be able to bring off the bench.

• Like 2

I thought he said he wouldn’t rotate much ? At least until later in the season.

With Zimmerman fit ( we assume ) he will definitely be added to the bench.
If he does rotate I could see Vrancic playing in these games, but I guess we will try to be much more solid against the likes of Brentford. Bundeia just needs to get back up to speed and won’t do that by sitting on the bench against Wycombe.

Do suspect though there will be no risks with Pukki as there will be days when he will be vital ( Brentford ) where we will become far more solid with the one up front, which he does so well even if he is not scoring regular.

Same team is my bet. Expected Todd to return last time and he will feature again. 

Other than Pukki out for Stiepermann, if Pukki is not 100%, I can't see any other changes except maybe Stiepermann in and Hugill out instead. May depend on whether we feel we need height in the side to combat Wycombe. 

The chances of Vrancic starting and Emi not are minimal. 

5 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Post your lineups and thoughts below.

norwich-11.png

No way in hell do I agree with four  placheta or vrancic. Why change a winning team unless forced? No buendia or pukki in your team....

16 minutes ago, Ward 3 said:

No way in hell do I agree with four  placheta or vrancic. Why change a winning team unless forced? No buendia or pukki in your team....

Vrancic has proved he has earned a place, Buendia hasnt.. And Pukki is injuried and wont play, according to Farke.

1 minute ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Definitely start Pukki, won’t be a better opportunity for him to hit the net and go on a run of goals after. 

This. Unless he’s got an injury, obvs

6 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Vrancic has proved he has earned a place, Buendia hasnt.. And Pukki is injuried and wont play, according to Farke.

Fair point and comment

4 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Definitely start Pukki, won’t be a better opportunity for him to hit the net and go on a run of goals after. 

As I have said Farke has already hinted he's injured

2 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

As I have said Farke has already hinted he's injured

Really? Post match interview I thought he mentioned cramp or similar but nothing serious. 

Krul

Aarons, Hanley, Gibson, Quintilla

Rupp, Skipp

Buendia, Vrancic, Cantwell

Pukki