Sign in to follow this  
king canary

Karanka

Watching those cloggers bought back painful memories of that ****house 1-0 loss to them just before the playoff finals.

Absolute anti football- no idea how fans can support teams who play like that.

• Like 2

If it gets them into the playoffs I guess they might feel it was worth it but otherwise it must be excruciating to sit through that.

1 hour ago, king canary said:

Watching those cloggers bought back painful memories of that ****house 1-0 loss to them just before the playoff finals.

Perhaps someone at Archant should ask Ben Gibson about it 😉 

• Haha 1

That type of football will be accepted (if not enjoyed) by fans as long as the results come in, but there's only so long fans will tolerate it if results are poor.

I personally can't stand watching that style of approach, and would rather we actually tried to play attractive, attacking, passing football even if it costs us at times, than potentially grind out 1-0 wins with turgid defensive dross (a'la Hughton). The ends don't justify the means in a true spectator sport like football (Covid situation outstanding), and it was no surprise that Stoke fans ended up turning on Pulis as PL safety wasn't enough when they were having to watch that garbage each week.

For me it's a measure of just how far we've come in the last three years. When Farke first came in, teams weren't worried about us. 

Now, they change their system specifically to try to stop us. 

In 6 games it hasn't just been Birmingham have done it, Derby were similar and to some extent Bournemouth, although the latter have better players.

I was more impressed with Preston as they clearly came to have a go and pressed us really high. Rotherham similarly, although they had the benefit of two weeks of preparation when half our squad was on international duty. 

Just watching us play last night it just makes you realise that we play some proper football - this manager has created such an identity in our style of play, not unlike Swanselona under Brendan Rodgers. 

I love it. 

Ironic the last time he was at Carrow Road it was a 3-3 thriller.

But agree with the OP that I just couldn't bare it if he was Norwich manager. I've seen some comparing him to Hughton, but even at his worst Hughton never put out a team like Birmingham did last night with 10 men constantly behind the ball.

I don't like to see players going down at the slightest touch, but maybe players like Greaselick and Todd feel that they have to do it to try and get some protection from the Ref as they both get kicked a lot - and that's not something I would appreciate being done to me.

Fun fact linking Karanka and Norwich City and Adam Clayton. It was Clayton whose pass was intercepted by Martin Olsson at the start of the switch-it-all-about move that led to the second goal in the play-off final.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, king canary said:

Agreed and mentioned to Mrs Beard last night - I reckon that was the worst consistent sh1thousery I’ve seen. Remember the keeper going down as he ran up to take a goal kick? He didn’t know what leg to hold. 

thoroughly enjoyed the result . Krankey is worse than Hughton. 

15 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Fun fact linking Karanka and Norwich City and Adam Clayton. It was Clayton whose pass was intercepted by Martin Olsson at the start of the switch-it-all-about move that led to the second goal in the play-off final.

George Friend played that day too, and stood looking a bit bemused as that move unfolded. Happy days . 

34 minutes ago, Trevor Hockey's Beard said:

I don't like to see players going down at the slightest touch, but maybe players like Greaselick and Todd feel that they have to do it to try and get some protection from the Ref as they both get kicked a lot - and that's not something I would appreciate being done to me.

It's a constant problem for skillful players, particularly if they're up against more physically imposing but cumbersome defenders.

Maddison got kicked off the park most weeks when he was here, Buendia had the same problem last time at this level as did Grealish, and Cantwell and Buendia are likely to get more of the same this season as well.

Referees should be more assertive and appreciate that a player being done by skill isn't an excuse for constant fouls because they can't deal with said player.

Nobody wants to see players going down because the opposition dared to breathe near them, but similarly we can't have talented players getting kicked around each week with the odd yellow card the only vague deterrent either.

29 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Subscribe.

1 hour ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Agreed and mentioned to Mrs Beard last night - I reckon that was the worst consistent sh1thousery I’ve seen. Remember the keeper going down as he ran up to take a goal kick? He didn’t know what leg to hold. 

thoroughly enjoyed the result . Krankey is worse than Hughton. 

Yes, I've disliked him intensely ever since- there was a clear mandate from the manager that day to waste time the second they got ahead, although their keeper was definitely the worst example.